+ Reply to Thread

Is acupuncture a scam ?

Personally I've had a lot of luck with acupuncture. Your 6 years of flaring sounds a LOT like my 6 years. I've been the closest to remission since diagnosis at the point I am in now. I get acupuncture every week (as well as a chiropractic adjustment). This isn't substituting traditional medicine but all I know is for 4 years in and out of the hospital bimonthly. Two sx, temp ostomy, on pred more than I can count, infections, fistula, abscesses, obstructions... You name it. Haven't been back to the hospital in 2 years since starting. Now I'm not in remission. There is still active inflammation, one particularly mast stricture and minor flares that come and go. But I've stayed out of the hospital. So yeah, I'd advocate for it. Didn't hurt. I do think there are scams out there though. Research the acupuncture administrator. My chiropractor does R himself. He has a large majority of IBD patients. Find some one who know what you're going through of you are going to look down that avenue.

Re: Is acupuncture a scam ?

NO it is NOT a scam. in some states like California it is licensed by the state. That is what to look for if you go . Is the person doing it licensed and qualified. In Asian community ( e.g. Los Angeles " J" town and Seattle, WA International district ( the old China town") most of the practitioners are Asians. In Texas I met a man who's daughter does acupuncture and is quite good at treating addictions. so many are helped by it

Re: Is acupuncture a scam ?

Quote Originally Posted by knightmare3000 View Post
    NO it is NOT a scam. in some states like California it is licensed by the state. That is what to look for if you go . Is the person doing it licensed and qualified. In Asian community ( e.g. Los Angeles " J" town and Seattle, WA International district ( the old China town") most of the practitioners are Asians. In Texas I met a man who's daughter does acupuncture and is quite good at treating addictions. so many are helped by it

I agree. It is not a scam. This is a proven health care practice for hundreds of years. Do your research.