+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ebay scam

ebay scam

HERE IS A FAKE E-MAIL O GOT FROM "EBAY" TO UPDATE MY ACCOUNT. THIS IS A SCAM SO YOU JUST GIVE SOMEONE YOUR PERSONAL INFO. BE CAREFULL! I FORWARDED THIS E-MAIL TO: SPOOF&EBAY.COM is this a fake e-mail?
    Attached Message
    To: saturnsc2
    Subject: Fraud ALERT
    Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 04:32:28 GMT

***Urgent Safeharbor Department Notice***

eBay Fraud Mediation Request
    Date: Thu, 3 November 2005

You have recieved this email because you or someone had used your account to make fake bids at eBay. For security purposes, we are required to open an investigation into this matter.

THE FRAUD ALERT ID CODE CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE WILL BE ATTACHED IN OUR FRAUD MEDIATION REQUEST FORM, IN ORDER TO VERIFY YOUR EBAY ACCOUNT REGISTRATION INFORMATIONS.

Fraud Alert ID CODE: 00937614
    (Please save this Fraud Alert ID Code for your reference.)

To help speed up this process, please access the following form to complete the verification of your eBay account registration informations:

http://scgi.ebay.com/verify_id=ebay &fraud alert id code=00937614

Please Note:
    If we do not receive the appropriate eBay account verification within 48 hours, then we will assume this eBay account is fraudulent and will be suspended.
    The purpose of this verification is to ensure that your eBay account has not been fraudulently used and to combat the fraud from our community.

We appreciate your support and understanding, as we work together to keep eBay a safe place to trade.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Regards, Safeharbor Department (Trust and Safety Department)
    eBay Inc.

Please do not reply to this e-mail as this is only a notification. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.

Copyright © 2005 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc. eBay is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.

Re: ebay scam

Quote Originally Posted by saturnsc2
    HERE IS A FAKE E-MAIL O GOT FROM "EBAY" TO UPDATE MY ACCOUNT. THIS IS A SCAM SO YOU JUST GIVE SOMEONE YOUR PERSONAL INFO. BE CAREFULL! I FORWARDED THIS E-MAIL TO: SPOOF&EBAY.COM is this a fake e-mail?
    There are thousand versions of such fake emails.
    http://www.urgentmessage.org/
    http://www.tidalrange.com/plog/
    or just search Goolge for 'phony websites', 'phishing', 'fake ebay email'

the "ebay" e-mail was obviously fake as i know there's no problem with my account whatsover at this time. also, when i get a message from ebay, it comes through both the ebay message system, & also through my home e-mail. this e-mail only came to my home e-mail address signaling a fake. i reported it to ebay...

what's scarry is how authentic some of these e-mails look. pretty soon, you might not be able to distinguish the difference between fake & real as these scum bags hone their skills...

In another thread I read about how some elderly people nearly got scammed. MSN has an anti-phishing toolbar available. I didn't try it, but it looks worth the effort to install it for someone vulnerable to these scams.

Quote Originally Posted by 6seven8
    In another thread I read about how some elderly people nearly got scammed. MSN has an anti-phishing toolbar available. I didn't try it, but it looks worth the effort to install it for someone vulnerable to these scams.
    well i use aol, & when i clicked on the fake ebay mail, i got a phishing notification from aol even though i didn't really need it in this case. it's a good idea that isp's provide this protection in addition to anti-virus & anti-spyware protection. you can't have enough of defenses these days. i just can't believe how many e-mails i get that are scams like "you won a prize, the nigerian scam, fake e-mails, ect. i guess it depends just smart the people are that are being scammed. just understand one thing & you will be o.k. so such thing as free/easy money. if something sounds too good to be true, or you won a prize without even trying, be suspicious...

Yeah, I get stuff like that all the time. I don't even have and e-bay account.

I get emails like that for my paypal account, I dont " click " on th url I put the cursor over it to see where it is actually going, I log on to my account by putting the URL in the box.... just to make sure everything is ok .. THEN I hit " reply " on the email and say .... NICE TRY DICK HEAD or ASS HOLE ..........!! knock on wood havnt gotten any of those emails lately ..... every time I do ... i modify my password........... its so complicated now that It takes me for ever to remember it AND typ it in ....

autosurfqueen Guest

DON'T RESPOND or click on any link in your email. Even if it says it is from the POPE.

Just DELETE it!!

just got aother ebay scam letter that i forwarded to [email protected]. i'm so sick & tired of these scams already! i would love to find these crumbs & chain them down to the ground & beat them senseless with a baseball bat! :mad:
    eBay Urgent Fraud Prevention Group Notice

Dear eBay member,

You have received this email because we have strong reason to believe that your eBay account had been recently compromised. In order to prevent any fraudulent activity from occurring we are required to open an investigation into this matter. To speed up this process, you are required to verify your eBay account.

To confirm your details, click on the link bellow.
    https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...ngSSL=1&email= IMPORTANT:
    If your account information are not updated within the next 72 hours, then we will assume this account is fraudulent and your account may be restricted.

We appreciate your support and understanding, as we work together to keep eBay a safe place to trade.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience in this matter.

Regards,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
    eBay Inc

Copyright © 2006 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
    eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by ladystaraz
    I get emails like that for my paypal account, I dont " click " on th url I put the cursor over it to see where it is actually going, I log on to my account by putting the URL in the box.... just to make sure everything is ok .. THEN I hit " reply " on the email and say .... NICE TRY DICK HEAD or ASS HOLE ..........!! knock on wood havnt gotten any of those emails lately ..... every time I do ... i modify my password........... its so complicated now that It takes me for ever to remember it AND typ it in ....
    oh don't worry, i send them nasty replies all the time just like i did tonight!

boy, these scam artist bastards are working overtime lately. i must of gotten at least 3 of these same scam letters last week. i just forward all of them to [email protected], then i reply to the bastards in a not so nice manner! :D i just put their address on my blocked list, so i can't get them anymore as they're getting boring already. besides, i'm running out of names to call these scumbags!