+ Reply to Thread

411 / Directory Assistance Scams

The 411 scam is also called the Directory Assistance scam and AT&T has to refund their customers $6.8 mil. !!!! Finally some justice in this world. The lawyers behind this, kudos to you.The US Drug Enforcement Administration discovered the fraudulent charges while investigating two Cleveland-area companies for drug-related crimes and money laundering, the FCC said in a statement. Suspects told DEA agents "that the companies were set up to bill thousands of consumers (mostly small businesses) for a monthly directory assistance service on their local AT&T landline telephone bills," according to the statement. AT&T received a fee for each charge it placed on its customers' bills. But customers were never provided with directory assistance. The fine and penalty is $950,000 paid to the us treasury.
    Help promote scam.com by using our promo videos on your blog or website! CLICK HERE FOR YOUTUBE VIDEOS

Re: 411 / Directory Assistance Scams

I read about this on Google News. It is hard keeping up with all the cons out there. If someone isn't 100% mentally there and gets caught up in these things maybe with weed in the picture, forget about it. They are lost to society. Now I am afraid to use directory assistance.
    Help promote scam.com by using our promo videos on your blog or website! CLICK HERE FOR YOUTUBE VIDEOS