Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Scam.com being sold

http://www.scam.com/announcement.php?f=23

George,

I am sure going to miss you. It's been fun, gratifying and humbling to be part of a service that helps people who might otherwise be ripped off. To that end, if the new owners are willing, I'll be happy to stay and continue helping out.

I do hope the new owners won't change things too much. :)

Namaste'

Lady Mod

2. 11-08-2005, 08:48 PM

Re: Scam.com being sold

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    http://www.scam.com/announcement.php?f=23

George,

I am sure going to miss you. It's been fun, gratifying and humbling to be part of a service that helps people who might otherwise be ripped off. To that end, if the new owners are willing, I'll be happy to stay and continue helping out.

I do hope the new owners won't change things too much. :)

Namaste'

Lady Mod
    That's sad.
    You did a good thing here George.

Congratulations George on developing a site that had value. There are not many around that have been able to truly develop into a sellable product.

Good luck with your new found "riches".

Who bought scam.com.. Will scam.com continue?

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyJimmy
    Who bought scam.com.. Will scam.com continue?
    It will continue. And we will know more about it when the transition is complete. But rest assured, it will continue.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

In a dynamic world there must always be change... nothing will
    ever remain the same, including you and me... all of us!

Om Shanti :)

... The new owners are excited about this, because they plan on fighting back.

I personally have not given this website the attention it needs and know that the new owners will do a much better job. This was a part time hobby for me....they have a dedicated staff ready to work.
    Sounds promising.

Good luck to you, George!

Sorry (for me) to hear that you are leaving. But I'm sure that your new endeavors will provide a forward progression for you and your career(s).

Congratulations and BOL...

Err, the revenue from the Google ads obviously was taken into consideration when scam.com was sold. Something like that.
    The Google ads inside posts are not wrong, just make sure it is in line with the amount of ad units permitted on a page according to Google Adsense conditions.
    Sometimes a little too much...
    More is not always better.
    Just a thought.
    Whatever.

http://services.google.com/feedback/...oooogle&done=1

or any other ad unit for that matter.

Wow... I have been sleeping on this announcement. Thanks George for making the site.. it is my favorite site on the internet. Not only have I saved money, I have saved a lot of other people money... and I'm getting a few Free things in the mail... I think before you leave we need a forum for incentive site scams... Like Everyfreegift and metarewards... While they have been proven not to be scams, there are a lot of fake sites out there.

Anyway.. Thansk again.

Quote Originally Posted by DethLOK
    Wow... I have been sleeping on this announcement. Thanks George for making the site.. it is my favorite site on the internet. Not only have I saved money, I have saved a lot of other people money... and I'm getting a few Free things in the mail... I think before you leave we need a forum for incentive site scams... Like Everyfreegift and metarewards... While they have been proven not to be scams, there are a lot of fake sites out there.

Anyway.. Thansk again.
    Start threads about those under "Internet Scams", that seems logical.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

Ah well..

I can quite understand George's points. Scammers are evil people who will try to do anything they can to silence people who expose them - scam.com is doing a great job at that.

WHOIS information for scam.com:

[whois.opensrs.net]
    Registrant:
    excalibyte.com
    Rua Correia Teles, 28 A
    Suite 106
    Lisbao, Lisbao 1350-100
    PT

Domain name: SCAM.COM

Administrative Contact:
    Admin, DNS [email protected]
    Rua Correia Teles, 28 A
    Suite 106
    Lisbao, Lisbao 1350-100
    PT
    09098 940 984
    Technical Contact:
    Admin, DNS [email protected]
    Rua Correia Teles, 28 A
    Suite 106
    Lisbao, Lisbao 1350-100
    PT
    09098 940 984

intellex Guest

how much did it sell for ?

I heard 7.5 mil and that george bought his own tropical island with 3 mil and he's going to use the rest to build luxury timeshares on the island. He's also gotten the nod to replace Martha Stewart on that "apprentice" show although rumor has it he's not that interested. He already has an island - he may just start his own "survivor" franchise. Perhaps you could be a contestant!

intellex Guest

Quote Originally Posted by linda49
    I heard 7.5 mil and that george bought his own tropical island with 3 mil and he's going to use the rest to build luxury timeshares on the island. He's also gotten the nod to replace Martha Stewart on that "apprentice" show although rumor has it he's not that interested. He already has an island - he may just start his own "survivor" franchise. Perhaps you could be a contestant!
    It's a pleasure to see that there are still people out there with a creative sense of humor. Will you be a contestant on the new Scam Survivor Series?