+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What religion has caused the most deaths ?

So what is the most deaths caused by a religious premise? Who has committed the most the deaths in the name of religion?

Re: What religion has caused the most deaths ?

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    So what is the most deaths caused by a religious premise? Who has committed the most the deaths in the name of religion?
    Most people are alive today. Fewer have died.

I think in every religion there are some people that want to dye people on the name of religion but they are few. Other people are peaceful .

i dont think there's any way to know for sure on this subject! i vote we wait and see what TRUMPISM accomplishes in that respect!?
    Last edited by lexx; 01-06-2017 at 12:54 AM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Eque1974 View Post
    I think in every religion there are some people that want to dye people on the name of religion but they are few. Other people are peaceful .
    Humans use religion as an excuse. The truth (as I see it) is that its in our nature to conflict as groups regardless to what flag those groups stand under. Apart from acts of nature, humans, as the apex predator, are the only control over humans which is in itself an act of nature. So, religions don't cause deaths. Humans cause deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    i dont think there's any way to know for sure on this subject! i vote we wait and see what TRUMPISM accomplishes in that respect!?
    Haha. Back to Trump again . From my outside perspective, I saw a choice between a witch and an idiot. Thats not a choice. But I'm on the outside looking in. I keep seeing Peter Griffin every time I look at trump.

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    Humans use religion as an excuse. The truth (as I see it) is that its in our nature to conflict as groups regardless to what flag those groups stand under. Apart from acts of nature, humans, as the apex predator, are the only control over humans which is in itself an act of nature. So, religions don't cause deaths. Humans cause deaths.
    the purpose of religion is to guide man AWAY from the SURVIVAL of the STRONGEST of BODY/MIND!? another POWER is SUPERIOR you might say!? the idea that god is the POWER of PEACE and LOVE in his ORIGINAL INTENT/NATURE!?
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

the purpose of religion is to guide man AWAY from the SURVIVAL of the STRONGEST of BODY/MIND!? another POWER is SUPERIOR you might say!? the idea that god is the POWER of PEACE and LOVE in his ORIGINAL INTENT/NATURE!?
    I'm bowing out until next week. Holiday time 😁. Try to get hold of a book "sapiens, a brief history of humankind". Well worth a read. Just before I go, read this http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/watch-woman-who-sent-boyfriend-texts-urging-suicide-found-guilty-of-manslaughter-793904.html . Talk about being disillusioned by religion. I wonder if he found his way to heaven. Krazy.
    Last edited by chesty; 06-16-2017 at 12:51 PM.

what religion has caused the most deaths!? say the religion of FEAR!?

what religion has caused the most deaths!? say the religion of FEAR!?
    For the purpose of removing ambiguity, can you clarify the above statement.

sure its the religion of hope vs the religion of fear!? or the religion of FAITH vs the religion of fear!? you know the saying fear god!? what if we see it as a simple choice (between)!? this or that!? is it that easy!? only if they are equally represented to us!?

sure its the religion of hope vs the religion of fear!? or the religion of FAITH vs the religion of fear!? you know the saying fear god!? what if we see it as a simple choice (between)!? this or that!? is it that easy!? only if they are equally represented to us!?
    Gotcha. I would go more for the term "hope" than faith. Only problem there is that what is hoped for is usually tainted by conditioning but nevertheless, there's no harm in hoping. I once knew a guy who claimed to be devoutly religious, who "believed" in heaven and all that stuff. He wasn't very bright so I wouldn't even get into it with him but I basically told him I didn't believe in any of that stuff. I simply asked him what his idea of heaven was. Angrily he told me that when he died he was going to be with his Da (father) in heaven. I simply said "what if your da couldn't stand you and didn't want to spend eternity with you. He never spoke to me again but (get this) this guy had no trouble passing off forged 20 to taxi (cab) drivers who would then be at the loss of that amount. I don't swing with the god thing but I would never do that. Hypocrites everywhere. Forgive me for rambling.

i have a theory that people that profess religion are generally the worst sinners as they say!? its their way of excusing their bad behavior you might say to themselves!? i'm not saying it wont work becuz it seems to me if you feel your a good person you are! anyway to feel good about yourself despite your faults is better than suffering loss of FACE!?

i have a theory that people that profess religion are generally the worst sinners as they say!? its their way of excusing their bad behavior you might say to themselves!? i'm not saying it wont work becuz it seems to me if you feel your a good person you are! anyway to feel good about yourself despite your faults is better than suffering loss of FACE!?
    I have met and known good and bad and very good and very bad and simply indifferent on both sides of the fence but the worst have been the ones who are the most vocal about god and their professed version of that concept while thinking that is all they need to do to get into the heaven they say they believe exists. Hypocrites at best. Do we have common ground on that one?

i was wondering if you were gonna make note of my use of the term loss of face AKA the oriental saying SAVE FACE!! when its comes to the emotional life or personality of mankind it seems relevant and even a song that says.......the first time ever i saw your face!

i was wondering if you were gonna make note of my use of the term loss of face AKA the oriental saying SAVE FACE!! when its comes to the emotional life or personality of mankind it seems relevant and even a song that says.......the first time ever i saw your face!
    The face thing is interesting in psychology. Or rather the mask. We all wear our public mask but its hard to keep it on and eventually it slips down to reveal the real face hiding beneath. The latin term used in legal circles is prima facie referring to "first face" or "on the face of it" on the surface, so to speak. Digging beneath that face can reveal some very interesting pictures. Reminds me of something attributed to Aristotle "knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom". Face what is beneath your face and know it.