+ Reply to Thread

Mystery shopping

The check my be counterfeit.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...Don't_Wire

Mystery shopper scam. See link below

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...-shopper-scams

On 7/25/2016 at 7:33 PM, "morgan James" < [email protected]>

BELOW ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS TO FOLLOW AS A SECRET SHOPPER FOR YOUR FIRST

ASSIGNMENT,READ CAREFULLY FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING AT THE
    STORES
    FIRST THING TO DO, YOU ARE TO EMAIL US BACK FOR CONFIRMATION {IT IS VERY COMPULSORY
    BECAUSE WE NEED THE CONFIRMATION THAT YOU RECEIVED THE SAID PACKAGE} ON ;
    { [email protected] } and { [email protected] }

YOU ARE TO ACT LIKE A SECRET SHOPPER WHEN YOU GET TO THE STORES,YOU ARE TO KEEP THIS

INSTRUCTIONS NOTE INSIDE THE PACKAGE YOU RECEIVED TODAY AT HOME AND GO FOR THE
    SHOPPING,WRITE OUT THE DETAILS NEEDED TO COMPLETE THE ASSIGNMENT TODAY INSIDE A
    SMALL PIECE OF PAPER BEFORE GOING FOR THE SHOPPING/EVALUATION AND MAKE SURE YOU ACT
    LIKE A SECRET SHOPPER WHEN YOU GET TO THE STORES,DON'T ALLOW THEM TO KNOW WHAT YOU
    ARE DOING BECAUSE YOU ARE A SECRET SHOPPER.
    DETAILS:1ST SURVEY: You will be Evaluating any "WALMART STORE" in your city or
    close to you,cash the cashiers check at your bank instantly or deposit the cashiers
    check and wait for the funds to be available not more than 24-48 hours at your Bank
    and then Go ahead with the Evaluation in your area as soon as you have the
    funds.Once deposited it is compulsory and mandatory that you take a picture/scan a
    copy of the Bank deposit receipt/slip and send to our email so we can be aware you
    have started your assignment and proceed to the next step.The cashiers check you
    received covers all expenditures including shopping and your compensation ($300).You
    are to purchase items that you normally use in your home,these purchases are yours
    to keep and shouldn't exceed 50$.
    BELOW ARE THE GUIDELINES TO FOLLOW AT WALMART;
    {1}How long it took you to get services.{2}Name and Smartness of the staff that
    attended to you.{3}Customer service professionalism.{4}Information that you think
    would be helpful.{5}Your comments and impressions.{6}Your personal opinion.
    2ND SURVEY AT MONEY-GRAM & WESTERN-UNION: You will evaluate any Money gram and
    Western Union Stores in your city by sending $1,660 via Money Gram and another
    $1,660 via Western union to our receiving agent in PHILIPPINES to carry out his own
    survey,by utilizing their "Money in Minutes Services".
    As you know there are many Money Gram and Western union Outlets offering Money
    transfer services,a lot of customers have reported lapses in Money transfer services
    for huge funds in some Outlets around the U.S.and other parts of the world.Our need
    to act is based on reports and complaints which some customers forwarded anonymously
    and phone calls that were made to our head office.
    BELOW IS EXPENDITURE BREAK DOWN :
    MONEY RECEIVED :$3870,COMMISSION /SALARY:$300,WAL-MART PURCHASE:$50,WESTERN UNION
    TRANSGER CHARGES:$100,MONEY GRAM TRANSFER CHARGES:$100,WESTERN UNION MONEY TO BE
    TRANSFERRED:$1660,MONEY GRAM MONEY TO BE TRANSFERRED:$1660.ENSURE THAT MONEY IS SENT
    USING THE ( MONEY AVAILABLE IN MINUTES)
    Agent’s locations were reported for evaluation for the following reasons;(I)Slow
    services.(II)Poor services.(III)Rudeness to customers(IV)Excess charges
    YOUR EVALUATION FOR THE MONEY GRAM AND WESTERN UNION WILL BE ;
    -To make a transfer of funds from the Money Gram and Western union location to our
    agent as outlined above,Funds would be picked up by our agent at the exact location
    which a customer reported his/her funds missing from.
    -You will have to record the time at which you got to the Money Gram and Western
    union Outlet and how many minutes it took you to get the service.
    -You will also provide us with the Name of the Money Gram and Western union store
    you transferred the funds from.
    BELOW IS THE INFORMATION OF OUR NEXT SHOPPING AGENT WHOM YOU ARE TO SEND THE FUNDS
    AT WESTERN UNION AND MONEY GRAM
    NAME: ANDY LUCAS,ADDRESS: 69 AVON STREET,CITY: MAKATI. STATE: MANILA .COUNTRY:

PHILIPPINES.ZIP CODE:1250.You are to send the below details as soon as you gotten it
    done to ( [email protected]) and ([email protected]){1}8 DIGITS
    MONEY GRAM REFERENCE #:,{2}10 DIGITS MTCN CONTROL #:,{3}SENDERS NAME AND
    ADDRESS:{4}TOTAL AMOUNT SENT FOR BOTH MONEY GRAM AND WESTERN UNION:
    HEAD OF RECRUITMENT MYSTERY SHOPPER INC.

Re: Mystery shopping

I received the exact same letter,the only thing different is the name at the same address in the P.I..that name was Stann Benson.I have a phone no. on an e mail to call or text confirmation to. I'm not listing the number at this point in time because i'm calling the F.B.I. w/that info. I will say though that the "Official Check" was sent via BankPlus, issued by Moneygram Payment Systems,Inc.P.O. Box 9476,Minneapolis,Mn.55480 Drawee,BOKF,Na,Eufaula,OK. the signature on the check is one Jennifer Robinson check was FOR Sherry J Sullens, pay to the order of my name. I live in Arkansas the USPS package was insured and the postage prefixed and payed for thru stamps.com came from one Wright Ward 407 West Aztec Ave. Gallup,Nm. 87301. The original e mail came from one Robert Parker, Head of recruitment,Mystery Shopper Inc. text or call me at 781-277-2618
    Last edited by Scm_Buster#1; 07-27-2016 at 03:35 PM.

the FBI cannot do much about the scam on it's own as it originates outside the US (in Africa most likely). If you can get bank accounts then the you could hurt the scammer by getting the bank account killed. You could take the check with the address/postage label to the post office and they will send it to the postal inspectors. Include the whole label.

Quote Originally Posted by falconsfan15 View Post
    the FBI cannot do much about the scam on it's own as it originates outside the US (in Africa most likely). If you can get bank accounts then the you could hurt the scammer by getting the bank account killed. You could take the check with the address/postage label to the post office and they will send it to the postal inspectors. Include the whole label.
    1st i took the check to a local bank and opened an account with the check,then i went back to the bank and told them i thought the check is part of a scam and that the check is counterfeit , then called the fraud hotline for moneygram,after the bank voided the check, and gave all the info to their international fraud team and assured them that i would cooperate with any and all law enforcement agencies. So thank you for that info!....I'll be going to the Post office in the morning.