+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

What if there is no son of God?

It would hurt Christianity with all those hundreds of years of false doctrine. Without Jesus intervening with God, believers would have to go directly to the big man. I suppose the Christian church would have to give all those contributions back to believers. After all, it was taken under false pretenses. There is evidence, based on prior gospels, that Jesus was not the son of God, nor was he crucified.

I claim Jesus was God, but, just like Christians, I have no real evidence. Back then, belief was based on rumors and myths. Often real stories were embellished with false ideas to make them appealing. Read the evolution of ideas about Jesus in the gospels, such as The Gospel of Thomas, and compare them to the NT gospels. You find a lot of inconsistency. Christian leaders kept adding onto or embellishing stories to make them appeal to new followers. In prior gospels, Jesus was a wise or sage leader with a Jewish followers. Then, forty to fifty years after Jesus was murdered, stories say he was the son of God and crucified. The problem is Christians don't do research, so we have no intelligent discussion of these issues.
    Last edited by Cnance; 07-24-2016 at 04:49 AM.

Re: What if there is no son of God?

There are huge implications for Jesus being God and not the son of God. In verses about the coming of the Messiah in the Old Testament, one would think it would be a very important event. Well, it was important, it was about God coming into the world as a man. Unfortunately, humans couldn't compute the truth. They made up incredible stories about Jesus being a sacrificial lamb, just like good old Jewish sacrifices to the OT Lord. God came into the world as Jesus to give testimony to his chosen people. God is not responsible for the mistakes of humans. God gave humans freewill. How can there be so many religious in the world. Was it God's intention for men to worship so many false theologies, I don't think so! God set his truth in the minds of men, he even came into the world to tell them face to face about Himself. Humans choose to make up false stories to legitimize their egos instead of giving God glory. It is the same old story, humans prefer their egos to God's power, glory and holiness. Humans find so many neat ways to glorify themselves: "the holy spirit told me so, I am God's holy one, the founders of my church were God's holy ones, I do the will of God because I am one of God's' chosen ones, pray to God and you will do his holy will (my will be done), etc." The list is very long for how humans glorify themselves. Perhaps, the ship won't sink. If humans would acknowledge the will of God in all things, rather than interpreting their own self desires, then, perhaps they could have real contact with the God of the universe.

Old Testament prophets were clear when they continually stated the rebellious nature of the Lord's chosen people. Most of what I know about this different theology comes from my dreams and visions posted on this forum. God doesn't tolerate disobedience. There are so many forms of disobedience it would take a set of encyclopias to document it. It seems to be the human condition. God says do it this way, and then, somehow in some way, humans do it their way. In short, there is no room in heaven for so many mini-gods.

The harsh reality is after God's chosen people failed to instituted God's holy order on earth, everything returned to the law of the jungle. Eventually, humans developed civilizations to separate themselves from any possibility of accepting God's holy will on earth. Now, there is human order based on material existence, not a spiritual world with God. In so many ways God tried to communicate his message. God even came into the world as a man. Humans, being self willed, chose to ignore Jesus as God. Instead, they made Jesus to be like them so they could make up fairytale stories to sell a new religion. It is not about the glory of God, it is about the glory of Jesus, a man like them. Christianity is incredible forgiving. We don't have God's will, we have human's false interpretation of God's will in order to glorify humans.

Last edited by Cnance; 07-27-2016 at 12:19 AM.

What if there is no son of God?! Then you are in purgatory til his next son dies for your sins. Drop the mic
    Stop being racist and mean

lets explore god's TOLERANCE!? there are several examples of god's INTOLERANCE in the old testament but there are also examples of TOLERANCE!? so which is it and why!? given the state of mankind today with all the atheism and unholy behavior/thinking(has it ever been different) you'd THINK god would DO SOMETHING!? so what's he waiting for!? we see in the past he destroyed life on earth becuz mankind's thoughts actions were continuously evil/violent!? we could speculate that today mankind's thoughts and actions ARE NOT continuously evil/violent!? WHY IS THAT!?
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    lets explore god's TOLERANCE!? there are several examples of god's INTOLERANCE in the old testament but there are also examples of TOLERANCE!? so which is it and why!? given the state of mankind today with all the atheism and unholy behavior/thinking(has it ever been different) you'd THINK god would DO SOMETHING!? so what's he waiting for!? we see in the past he destroyed life on earth becuz mankind's thoughts actions were continuously evil/violent!? we could speculate that today mankind's thoughts and actions ARE NOT continuously evil/violent!? WHY IS THAT!?

Here's an example.

16 When he hesitated, the men grasped his hand and the hands of his wife and of his two daughters and led them safely out of the city, for the Lord was merciful to them. 17 As soon as they had brought them out, one of them said, “Flee for your lives! Don’t look back, and don’t stop anywhere in the plain! Flee to the mountains or you will be swept away!”

18 But Lot said to them, “No, my lords,[b] please! 19 Your[c] servant has found favor in your[d] eyes, and you[e] have shown great kindness to me in sparing my life. But I can’t flee to the mountains; this disaster will overtake me, and I’ll die. 20 Look, here is a town near enough to run to, and it is small. Let me flee to it—it is very small, isn’t it? Then my life will be spared.”

21 He said to him, “Very well, I will grant this request too; I will not overthrow the town you speak of. 22 But flee there quickly, because I cannot do anything until you reach it.” (That is why the town was called Zoar.[f])

23 By the time Lot reached Zoar, the sun had risen over the land. 24 Then the Lord rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the Lord out of the heavens. 25 Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, destroying all those living in the cities—and also the vegetation in the land. 26 But Lot’s wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt.

27 Early the next morning Abraham got up and returned to the place where he had stood before the Lord. 28 He looked down toward Sodom and Gomorrah, toward all the land of the plain, and he saw dense smoke rising from the land, like smoke from a furnace.

29 So when God destroyed the cities of the plain, he remembered Abraham, and he brought Lot out of the catastrophe that overthrew the cities where Lot had lived.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

what VERSION of the bible is your story from!? and i almost forgot didn't god say he would never destroy mankind again after the noah flood incident!? no explanation why!? and my final question of my post was why are not mankind's thoughts continuously evil!?
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

what VERSION of the bible is your story from!? and i almost forgot didn't god say he would never destroy mankind again after the noah flood incident!? no explanation why!? and my final question of my post was why are not mankind's thoughts continuously evil!?
    Don't listen to this guy! He works for ABC Cowboy English, a badposting mill in Fuzhou. He is posting against his conscience and is being paid to bash & trash the CFTU (even though they have NEVER EVER asked for any money) and make a laughingstock out of the very concepts of goodness and decency. Not cool, amigo.

he REFUSES to commend and applaud Assanage and B. Gorcyca as two of the greatest living humans
    so it's no big deal that he badposts on a jesus thread additionally.

Most of the people who bash & trash the CFTU are recruiters or job agents, some of them like Lexx lurk on this board pretending to be teacher colleages, quite clever.

Don

It makes me SICK to read this! Why won't the admin ban him and report his badposting!

CFTU members SUFFER every time he posts something I don't know how much more they can be expected to take!

oh HAHAHAHA!! you 2 GULLIBLE IDIOTS over here tryin ta look important!? actually YOU should be banned for all the FAKE STORIES you post sorry i had to EXPOSE your GAME!! well on second thought.... NO I'M NOT SORRY!! exposing SCAMS is what this place is all about!! and of course....i should also mention you are OFF TOPIC here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    It would hurt Christianity with all those hundreds of years of false doctrine. Without Jesus intervening with God, believers would have to go directly to the big man. I suppose the Christian church would have to give all those contributions back to believers. After all, it was taken under false pretenses. There is evidence, based on prior gospels, that Jesus was not the son of God, nor was he crucified. I claim Jesus was God, but, just like Christians, I have no real evidence. Back then, belief was based on rumors and myths. Often real stories were embellished with false ideas to make them appealing. Read the evolution of ideas about Jesus in the gospels, such as The Gospel of Thomas, and compare them to the NT gospels. You find a lot of inconsistency. Christian leaders kept adding onto or embellishing stories to make them appeal to new followers. In prior gospels, Jesus was a wise or sage leader with a Jewish followers. Then, forty to fifty years after Jesus was murdered, stories say he was the son of God and crucified. The problem is Christians don't do research, so we have no intelligent discussion of these issues.
    I do lots of research. God answers prayers if you're in the right mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    It would hurt Christianity with all those hundreds of years of false doctrine. Without Jesus intervening with God, believers would have to go directly to the big man. I suppose the Christian church would have to give all those contributions back to believers. After all, it was taken under false pretenses. There is evidence, based on prior gospels, that Jesus was not the son of God, nor was he crucified.

I claim Jesus was God, but, just like Christians, I have no real evidence. Back then, belief was based on rumors and myths. Often real stories were embellished with false ideas to make them appealing. Read the evolution of ideas about Jesus in the gospels, such as The Gospel of Thomas, and compare them to the NT gospels. You find a lot of inconsistency. Christian leaders kept adding onto or embellishing stories to make them appeal to new followers. In prior gospels, Jesus was a wise or sage leader with a Jewish followers. Then, forty to fifty years after Jesus was murdered, stories say he was the son of God and crucified. The problem is Christians don't do research, so we have no intelligent discussion of these issues.
    Jehovah Witness believes that Jesus is the arch angel Michael. Not sure how they made that conclusion.
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywriting View Post
    I do lots of research. God answers prayers if you're in the right mindset.
    research on what!? has a god answered your prayers!? what is a mindset!? thanks!!

research on what!? has a god answered your prayers!? what is a mindset!? thanks!!
    Yes, God does answer prayers. Before you were born He answered past and future prayers.
    You task is to accept that.
    (Right Mindset)

https://www.christianforums.com/blog...s-1-2-3.51955/

Quote Originally Posted by Skywriting View Post
    Yes, God does answer prayers. Before you were born He answered past and future prayers.
    You task is to accept that.
    (Right Mindset)

https://www.christianforums.com/blog...s-1-2-3.51955/
    well FIRST thanks for REPLYING!! thats an interesting idea!? what you are SAYING in essence is to DIE to your OWN expectations!? and your calling it a MIND SET!? is that like SIT and be QUIET!? what i am asking IS, what are you doing in the MEAN-TIME!? which notably has a rather NEGATIVE connotation!? but on another NOTE what do you think about the BOOK of JOBe!?
    Last edited by lexx; 03-03-2017 at 07:15 PM.

and check this out since it seems to be a take on your screen name!? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fcji01psLQ

Quote Originally Posted by furiousPETER View Post
    Don't listen to this guy! He works for ABC Cowboy English, a badposting mill in Fuzhou. He is posting against his conscience and is being paid to bash & trash the CFTU (even though they have NEVER EVER asked for any money) and make a laughingstock out of the very concepts of goodness and decency. Not cool, amigo.

he REFUSES to commend and applaud Assanage and B. Gorcyca as two of the greatest living humans
    so it's no big deal that he badposts on a jesus thread additionally.

Most of the people who bash & trash the CFTU are recruiters or job agents, some of them like Lexx lurk on this board pretending to be teacher colleages, quite clever.

Don
    Got it!