+ Reply to Thread

Fox CEO Ailes sued for sexual harassment

We've had many a debate on this forum over the years about Fox news, CNN and other media outlets.
    The CEO of Fox, Roger Ailes, has been accused of sexual harassment by Gretchen Carlson. Carlson has filed a law suit against Ailes and also named her co host Steve Doocy in the suit.
    I believe what she is saying and accusing him of, she says he asked her for sexual favors and she lost her job because she did not comply. There are other women coming forward saying he did the same thing to them.
    But you also have women who are working for Fox saying he is wonderful and has never did anything wrong to them while they were working for Fox news. One of the problems I have had with Fox and their women News commentators is the way they dress. Low cut tops, lots of cleavage and short short skirts which the camera homes in on. They look so unprofessional and sleazy I have no problem believing what Gretchen is accusing Ailes of. The women news commentators for Fox News look like street whores.

Does anyone else here believe what Gretchen is saying and what will happen to this high powered CEO? Will he lose his CEO position if he is found guilty? Do these claims against Ailes change the way you look at Fox news?
    What do you think of the women who are working for Fox and not supporting Gretchen?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/maddiebe.../#3cfed4a1214e

Last edited by PeggieSue; 07-11-2016 at 03:11 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Re: Fox CEO Ailes sued for sexual harassment

Here's an article about at least ten more women coming forward to say Ailes sexually harassed them too.

http://www.businessinsider.com/more-...ed-them-2016-7

They look like very expensive, high end call girls. Certainly not "Street whores."

BTW, thank you for using a little class ant NOT using the common night term, "hoes." Good Allah, I hate how Africa has coarsened the culture.
    Lose a pound a day, every day. I personally lost 60 pounds in 60 days. My free 47 page PDF eBook explains how. CLICK HERE to read online, or download your free copy.

Then there's this (I do believe her):

Since the allegations exploded into public view July 6, six more women have come forward with stories of alleged harassment at the hands of Ailes, all of them before Ailes started Fox News Channel in 1996. The stories are lurid and include propositions of sex and in many cases retaliation for fending off advances. Ailes' attorney has denied all of the allegations.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...end-fox-909866
    Lose a pound a day, every day. I personally lost 60 pounds in 60 days. My free 47 page PDF eBook explains how. CLICK HERE to read online, or download your free copy.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlinAnnArbor View Post
    Then there's this (I do believe her):
    Are you saying you believe these women who are sticking up for him? They worry me, it's like the city that sticks up for the pro football player who's accused of raping college girls. The people love their football team so much they put on blinders when it comes to the team doing anything wrong or they just don't care. The Minnesota Viking's were good at raping college girls on campus way back in the day and it was all covered up.
    I'm sure these women sticking up for him do not want to lose their jobs. I would find it difficult to believe he tried to seduce every female employee he has came in contact with at Fox. I can understand them speaking well of him if he has treated them with respect but I am concerned if they discount Gretchen's story with ease.

I'm fond of Catherine Herridge and she is someone who looks the part of a professional female journalist. I'm not a big fan of Megan Kelly but she does present herself well and dress's the way she should for her news show. I just do not believe the gal in your article who says Fox doesn't tell them how to dress, forget the lipstick. I watched Judge Jeannine the other night and couldn't take her serious she had so much of her boobs pushed up. It has to be for ratings, has to be. What professional woman is going to be seen on a news program watched all over the world and have a dress so short she shows her panties when she moves her legs?
    It gives the impression the CEO doesn't have respect for women.

I only want this man to be punished if he is found guilty and not get away with the charges just because of his wealth and power.
    Last edited by PeggieSue; 07-11-2016 at 09:28 PM.

They have to stop hiring so many perfectly gorgeous women. I dont agree with the harassment but more importantly she is like a Fox News 4 compared to a dozen hotties that are 10s.

I think there's a huge percentage that she's scamming for money and some lawyer is feeding her a winfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    They have to stop hiring so many perfectly gorgeous women. I dont agree with the harassment but more importantly she is like a Fox News 4 compared to a dozen hotties that are 10s.

I think there's a huge percentage that she's scamming for money and some lawyer is feeding her a winfall.
    First thing my husband said when I mentioned the lawsuit to him was she filed the wrong kind of lawsuit, said she should have filed for age discrimination. lol

If the majority of people see this the way you guys do here on Scam, he'll skate.

We'll see.

I have no idea what these folks make as far as salaries but Catherine Herridge makes $900,000 a year. Now that's enough money to influence a person to engage in sinful actions. Especially the CEO of the company when his employees are getting paid that kind of money.

According to a contract drawn in 2012 for four years, his (Roger Ailes) base salary was $7 million with overall annual compensation coming to $21 million plus company perks In the year 2015, Roger Ailes signed a new four-year contract with 21st Century Fox wherein he would report to Rupert and his sons Lachlan and James Murdoch.
    Roger Ailes - Net Worth, Salary, Wife, Age, Wiki, Book - Not Just Rich!
    notjustrich.com/roger-ailes-how-he-made-fox-the-king-of-the-media-jungle/
    Last edited by PeggieSue; 07-12-2016 at 10:05 AM.

I wouldn't want to go against Fox lawyers.......you need kinda need the Justice League against those sharks.

They will settle with an undisclosed confidentiality.....blah blah blah

Or this old cook will make an example of her and fight out of spite or whatever.

So sick of litigious people and the ones that represent them.

If he's guilty then I apologize. There's nothing wrong with flirting. If he touched her then that's another story
    Last edited by Administrator; 07-12-2016 at 10:07 AM.

I wouldn't want to go against Fox lawyers.......you need kinda need the Justice League against those sharks.

They will settle with an undisclosed confidentiality.....blah blah blah

Or this old cook will make an example of her and fight out of spite or whatever.

So sick of litigious people and the ones that represent them.

If he's guilty then I apologize. There's nothing wrong with flirting. If he touched her then that's another story
    With more women coming forward with their stories of sexual advances this story intensifies. I guess if this got bad enough for Ailes he could lose his job and have his image and career ruined.
    I find it all interesting because finally men with power are paying a price for sexually taking advantage of women. Who knows what will end up coming out about this CEO.

Sexual harassment in the work place
    The U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Commission (EEOC) defines workplace sexual harassment as unwelcome sexual advances or conduct of a sexual nature which unreasonably interferes with the performance of a person's job or creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment.

Sexual Harassment at Work - FindLaw

employment.findlaw.com/employment-discrimination/sexual-harassment-at-work.html

In today's world probably not a good idea to flirt while at work.
    Last edited by PeggieSue; 07-12-2016 at 10:23 AM.

No, I believe those making the accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlinAnnArbor View Post
    No, I believe those making the accusations.
    Good, thanks for clarifying, I thought you might be being sarcastic because when I read your link it was showing all of the Fox ladies who supported Ailes.

It's very difficult to believe Gretchen would take on Fox and be telling a fabricated story. Also now we have so many women from the past backing her up. I'm disappointed in the women supporting Ailes in a way which is making Gretchen look like a liar. These women know what she is saying could be true even if it didn't happen to them. They're intelligent women and are working in a field where they know these things have happened often. Like I said with such high salaries involved and a prestigious careers on the line looks like they're choosing to put their blinders on. Ailes has been accused of this before so it shouldn't have came as a surprise to any of them.

I trust Peggie's research, F Him. He needs to get Cosbied in jail by aids men. That will learn him

I trust Peggie's research, F Him. He needs to get Cosbied in jail by aids men. That will learn him
    This is from a New York Post article

While an executive at NBC, Ailes was accused of making sexually suggestive comments to various female underlings, according to a 2014 biography of Ailes, “The Loudest Voice in the Room.” A young woman named Randi Harrison said Ailes offered to her increase her salary by $100 a week if she would have sex with him, according to the book. A producer named Shelly Ross said Ailes posed “romantically suggestive questions and made flirtatious comments about her appearance.” Ross said she told him, “This is making me uncomfortable.”
    Ailes also made disparaging remarks in a radio interview in 1994 about the appearances of Mary Matalin and Jane Wallace, who were hosts at CNBC under Ailes, according to the book.

Ailes isn't a Bill Cosby, good grief Cosby was drugging and raping women. So far nobody has claimed Ailes forced himself on them. I do think the Cosby case gave women the courage to come forward even if what happened to them was years ago and they told no one. Times are changing for the good.

Ailes Attorneys have already offered to settle out of court and Carlson turned them down.[/FONT]
    Last edited by PeggieSue; 07-12-2016 at 02:05 PM.

Who really cares about Fox CEO Ailes sued for sexual harassment

I am addicted to this