+ Reply to Thread

Titanchains.com closed???

Titanchains.com is or was a work at home business that had home workers making viking knit bracelets and necklaces. The workers went through the usual work at home crafting routine, bought a kit, had to get approved on how the jewlery was made and then mailed back the finished product for payment.

Seems this company changed owners in 2015 and the new owner is Alan Yu but mysteriously this company has just disappeared off of the internet with the website saying it is under construction. No notification to the workers as far as I know.

Anyone have any information about this business?

Alan Yu are you out there?

Re: Titanchains.com closed???

Did you ever use them? Seems like a great opportunity for retired people or college students or even the disabled wheel chair people. Many Yu now has kids doing it China ....more American jobs lost

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Did you ever use them? Seems like a great opportunity for retired people or college students or even the disabled wheel chair people. Many Yu now has kids doing it China ....more American jobs lost
    Yep I tried them and ended up with a back problem from sitting to long in one position and making jewelry using wire is very hard on the hands, joints etc. When you work for one of the work at home crafting companies you're spending hours a day making a piece over and over again.
    I see these companies as a scam. A few people are successful but the majority waste their time and money. If you are really gifted at crafting, jewelry making you can make it work for a couple of hundred dollars a month, give or take. Like with part of the argument with MLM companies, only a few make money and the business owner gets rich selling kits, materials, tools etc.

I wouldn't advise this kind of work to the retired or handicapped, it's way to labor intensive. You have to consider carpel tunnel syndrome, and other health issues from doing this kind of work.

It does seem Titanchains is out of business and made no attempt to notify their workers of their closing.

I did learn how to make jewelry using the viking knit technique but I ended up out some money in doing so. Also I had some significant injuries from pulling wire and stabbing myself with the tools. It was dangerous and painful too.
    I did get paid one time for ten pieces of jewelry but had to quit because of a sciatic nerve problem. Since I quit making the jewelry the back issues went away.

The bracelet that they paid you to make did tarnish and was uncomfortable to wear. It was attractive to the eye but had it's issues. They sold the piece for $25.00 a bracelet.

Thing is if you asked several people their opinion of the company and the product you could get many differing responses. Just like with the MLM argument you have differing opinions on whether this kind of work is a scam.

A child would not be able to make their product. The wire they used was hard and the physical effort it took to make the piece was intense.
    These companies make the item you are making difficult to make so most fail when trying to get approved on getting paid to make the item.
    Last edited by PeggieSue; 07-05-2016 at 12:51 PM.

Here's the viking knit weave.

For making the weave for Titanchains you used a harder wire than in this video and the piece you made the weave on was much smaller. A very small piece of metal to make your weave on, it was very very difficult. I read many a tutorial for making the viking knit and everyone suggested a softer wire than we used for Titan and a much larger piece to make the weave on.

Like I said the company made it very difficult to accomplish making the jewelry piece in order to get paid.
    Last edited by PeggieSue; 07-05-2016 at 01:20 PM.

I need more info on Titanchains.com closed???

When we are talking about " Titanchains.com closed??? " I don't really have an opinion.

I am addicted to this

I am sick of this topic.