+ Reply to Thread

Market america and itransact

hopping someone can help. we are looking into acquiring a credit card terminal for a small business. we were approached by someone from Market america who suggested we should sign up with them because it will draw in all the market america people. from what he said, i will be dealing directly with itransact for all the credit card transactions. I haven't called the companies as of yet but I wanted to knwo first, if anyone had any experience with this?

I would apreciate any feed back. the only thing we are interested is getting the terminal for credit card transactions. I am not interested in selling products from market america. I joined amway before and didn't have a great experience reason why i don't want to sell anything from market america.

thank you
    maria

Re: Market america and itransact

Ask the local bank you are already using.
    No need to go anywhere else.

From what I understand - you do NOT have to become a distributor to take advantage of I-transact. If they can make you a better deal than go with it. The only thing I saw as a merchant is these Market America Distributors seam to be pretty loyal - i.e.: get paid to be loyal. So thus by partnering you will be posted on the Market America websites as a local merchant and if someone in Market America needs your services they will go to you instead of your competitor - because they get a commission to do so.

Bottom line - the rates and the free advertising has to be worth it to you.

Something to consider when making your choice.

I joined amway before and didn't have a great experience reason why i don't want to sell anything from market america.

thank you
    maria

That's like saying you were in the Hitler Youth before and didn't have a great experience and that's why you don't want to join the Boy Scouts.

iTransact is already a well known treminal for credit cards, being partners with Market America does not affect anything. It just gives you free advertisement on websites and gives you free advertisement on magazines. Market America distributors will be more likely to shop at your place rather than your competitors because when they buy at your place, they would earn commission themselves.

SCAM: a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation. (Webster online)

MARKET AMERICA IS NOT A SCAM.

Please read this...

For over a decade I have wrestled with my love-hate relationship with the mighty UNFRANCHISE. In the early 90's, during the MLM heyday, my exceptionally talented and professionally savvy father started dabbling in network marketing. To the average underpaid, underappreciated, hard-working American, scared silly about college tuition for their 3.5 children, the concept - residual income from a home-based business, built on fabric softener and vitamins that you use yourself & sell to your friends and neighbors, was the American dream realized and a no-brainer. To the overachieving, big-picture business-minded, make me rich and the sooner, the better types - an extraordinary concept and immediate conquest.

There were many before Market America. Husband and wife powerhouse teams like my father and his equally formidable and exceptional wife were always just a pin level away from easy street. I watched my Fathers hard work and dreams go up in smoke one too many times with outfits like International Metals & Trade, NuSKin, & Excel, to name a few, & by the time Market America came along and I had seen and heard enough. I was sick of the meetings in my living room, sick of the products, sick of the schpeal and most of all, sick of being pitched by my parents and having their latest "sure thing" crammed down my throat. Subconsciously, perhaps, I vowed never to participate, even if they got their big check, despite the logical business appeal that even I could not ignore. I saw a brilliant concept, hopelessly broken by structural flaws to small to be seen, let alone overcome. Market America has identified and corrected those flaws.

Well, 10 some odd years and well over a million dollars later, God bless them, the big check is in the mailbox, every damn Monday. More importantly, they (dad & step-mission - as I like to call her) are some freakin happy and VERY HEALTHY. wealthy people. My father gave out his home phone number to over 15,000 people at the last annual convention, with tears of pride and joy in his eyes and spends his days & nights coaching, leading and genuinely changing the lives of perfect strangers. The rewards of their experience with this company are undeniable and make a compelling argument for anyone arguing the intangible benefits of this opportunity.
    He and his wife are paid ridiculous honorariums for speaking engagements all over the country and are some of the most respected and decorated leaders in the company. They are happy, productive and are surrounded by positive energy and genuine good intention all damn day and I hate to say it but I am here, on scam.com investigating the last pack of criminals to offer me a job. OUCH!

On the flip-side of all of that is my nagging sense of loss caused by the very thing that provides so much to so many. I am the only one of 8 children that has NEVER played along or engaged in years of stops and starts with Market America. All of my siblings blow "BV", "2-3 year plan" sunshine up the parental back-side, attending the seminars, bringing people to local functions, bla, bla, bla.

From my vantage point, this is so all-consuming and even mesmerizing for so many that it damn near mirrors a cult. For the many opportunities and positive affects it has had on my family, it has cost me personally a great deal and despite the (painful) pass I take on the many rewards, I have personally decided to sit this one out. It is complicated but really shouldn't be for most.

In the end, I have made amends with any personal loss because I realize the absence of ill will and acknowledge the greater good.

I humbly nominate myself a senior authority on the subject of Market America and the Unfranchise and offer the following advice, or words of wisdom to anyone faced with this potentially life changing opportunity:

-This is a business opportunity and should be looked upon and evaluated as such.
    - The products, every one of them, are by far the best and most compelling you will find.
    - It is not necessary to start out in this business with guns blazing and therefore a slow start with some earning potential CAN BE achieved with a $99.95 investment. However, as with ANY BUSINESS, depending on the size, start-up costs apply. An investment of $1000 to launch a business does not constitute a scam... just ask anyone with one... even a scam will cost more! ;)
    Most importantly people, this is a business that is best agreed upon and most successful if everyone in the immediate family, i.e.; spouse, children, dog, etc. is on board and understands that success means commitment, requires hard work and dedication and should not be misconstrued as a short-cut to easy street. IT IS NOT FOR EVERYONE WHICH DOES NOT MEAN IT IS A SCAM... GOOD LORD!!!!! Furthermore, if you are one of those that swears it is because there are some out of pocket costs, please keep me posted on your search for the FREE MONEYMAKER... that - I am all over. This can and will unite and strengthen a family unit or, systematically tear it apart.
    Good Night and Good Luck!
    Last edited by BLACKisBEAUTIFUL; 03-09-2006 at 09:51 AM. Reason: gramatical error

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKisBEAUTIFUL
    SCAM: a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation. (Webster online)

MARKET AMERICA IS NOT A SCAM.

Please read this...

For over a decade I have wrestled with my love-hate relationship with the mighty UNFRANCHISE. In the early 90's, during the MLM heyday, my exceptionally talented and professionally savvy father started dabbling in network marketing. To the average underpaid, underappreciated, hard-working American, scared silly about college tuition for their 3.5 children, the concept - residual income from a home-based business, built on fabric softener and vitamins that you use yourself & sell to your friends and neighbors, was the American dream realized and a no-brainer. To the overachieving, big-picture business-minded, make me rich and the sooner, the better types - an extraordinary concept and immediate conquest.

There were many before Market America. Husband and wife powerhouse teams like my father and his equally formidable and exceptional wife were always just a pin level away from easy street. I watched my Fathers hard work and dreams go up in smoke one too many times with outfits like International Metals & Trade, NuSKin, & Excel, to name a few, & by the time Market America came along and I had seen and heard enough. I was sick of the meetings in my living room, sick of the products, sick of the schpeal and most of all, sick of being pitched by my parents and having their latest "sure thing" crammed down my throat. Subconsciously, perhaps, I vowed never to participate, even if they got their big check, despite the logical business appeal that even I could not ignore. I saw a brilliant concept, hopelessly broken by structural flaws to small to be seen, let alone overcome. Market America has identified and corrected those flaws.

Well, 10 some odd years and well over a million dollars later, God bless them, the big check is in the mailbox, every damn Monday. More importantly, they (dad & step-mission - as I like to call her) are some freakin happy and VERY HEALTHY. wealthy people. My father gave out his home phone number to over 15,000 people at the last annual convention, with tears of pride and joy in his eyes and spends his days & nights coaching, leading and genuinely changing the lives of perfect strangers. The rewards of their experience with this company are undeniable and make a compelling argument for anyone arguing the intangible benefits of this opportunity.
    He and his wife are paid ridiculous honorariums for speaking engagements all over the country and are some of the most respected and decorated leaders in the company. They are happy, productive and are surrounded by positive energy and genuine good intention all damn day and I hate to say it but I am here, on scam.com investigating the last pack of criminals to offer me a job. OUCH!

On the flip-side of all of that is my nagging sense of loss caused by the very thing that provides so much to so many. I am the only one of 8 children that has NEVER played along or engaged in years of stops and starts with Market America. All of my siblings blow "BV", "2-3 year plan" sunshine up the parental back-side, attending the seminars, bringing people to local functions, bla, bla, bla.

From my vantage point, this is so all-consuming and even mesmerizing for so many that it damn near mirrors a cult. For the many opportunities and positive affects it has had on my family, it has cost me personally a great deal and despite the (painful) pass I take on the many rewards, I have personally decided to sit this one out. It is complicated but really shouldn't be for most.

In the end, I have made amends with any personal loss because I realize the absence of ill will and acknowledge the greater good.

I humbly nominate myself a senior authority on the subject of Market America and the Unfranchise and offer the following advice, or words of wisdom to anyone faced with this potentially life changing opportunity:

-This is a business opportunity and should be looked upon and evaluated as such.
    - The products, every one of them, are by far the best and most compelling you will find.
    - It is not necessary to start out in this business with guns blazing and therefore a slow start with some earning potential CAN BE achieved with a $99.95 investment. However, as with ANY BUSINESS, depending on the size, start-up costs apply. An investment of $1000 to launch a business does not constitute a scam... just ask anyone with one... even a scam will cost more! ;)
    Most importantly people, this is a business that is best agreed upon and most successful if everyone in the immediate family, i.e.; spouse, children, dog, etc. is on board and understands that success means commitment, requires hard work and dedication and should not be misconstrued as a short-cut to easy street. IT IS NOT FOR EVERYONE WHICH DOES NOT MEAN IT IS A SCAM... GOOD LORD!!!!! Furthermore, if you are one of those that swears it is because there are some out of pocket costs, please keep me posted on your search for the FREE MONEYMAKER... that - I am all over. This can and will unite and strengthen a family unit or, systematically tear it apart.
    Good Night and Good Luck!
    Hey BLACKisBEAUTIFUL,
    Thanks for the well written personal perspective! Although I don't agree with all of your conclusions about Market America, I do respect the personal observations that you have experienced first hand....Great Post!