+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Antea Hotel......Targeting posted resumes.

bm820, if you do some research on this website you will see many many many types of scams. There are check cashing scams, bank transfer scams, credit card gift scams, ID theft scams, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

The check cashing scams work like this; the checks you receive from the scammers are “forged”, but they use real stolen account numbers and appear to be good, but were not authorized to be written by the account owner. Then you deposit or cash the check for the scammer, no problem, for now, the “bank” will say they are okay and will clear them. Then after some time maybe 5 to 25? days after you have sent the scammer their 90%, the place you made your transaction at, informs you the checks were no good. The account owners that the check information (account numbers etc.) were stolen from, see the activity on their accounts and tell their bank about the theft, then their bank tells the place you made your transaction at and in turn they tell you, you are f**ked, and if you are really unlucky call the police.

I have been posting on these before May of 05, I know others were posting LONG before that!!! Report them and others who pull this S**T to anyone that will listen.

Notify the email service they are using ([email protected] etc.), the web service they are using, the bank and the account holder of the fake checks. If you deposited the checks already, I would not remove the money as there is a 99.999999999999999% chance it will not be there in 25 days or less and I would get prepared to pay the banks fees ( less than $100) Live and learn they say, good luck!

The names of these scams change daily...

Just check out the return addy URL IP block, anteahotel.org. It's gotta be a DeFrawy.

11/07/05 18:38:57 IP block anteahotel.org
    Trying 64.202.167.192 at ARIN
    Trying 64.202.167 at ARIN

OrgName: Go Daddy Software, Inc.
    OrgID: GDS-31
    Address: 14455 N Hayden Road
    Address: Suite 226
    City: Scottsdale
    StateProv: AZ
    PostalCode: 85260

NetRange: 64.202.160.0 - 64.202.191.255
    CIDR: 64.202.160.0/19
    NetName: GO-DADDY-SOFTWARE-INC
    NetHandle: NET-64-202-160-0-1
    Parent: NET-64-0-0-0-0
    NetType: Direct Allocation
    NameServer: CNS1.SECURESERVER.NET
    NameServer: CNS2.SECURESERVER.NET
    Comment:
    RegDate: 2002-10-22
    Updated: 2004-05-24

RAbuseHandle: ABUSE51-ARIN
    RAbuseName: Abuse Department
    RAbusePhone: +1-480-505-8809
    RAbuseEmail: [email protected]

RNOCHandle: NOC124-ARIN
    RNOCName: Network Operations Center
    RNOCPhone: +1-480-505-8809
    RNOCEmail: [email protected]

RTechHandle: NOC124-ARIN
    RTechName: Network Operations Center
    RTechPhone: +1-480-505-8809
    RTechEmail: [email protected]

OrgAbuseHandle: ABUSE51-ARIN
    OrgAbuseName: Abuse Department
    OrgAbusePhone: +1-480-505-8809
    OrgAbuseEmail: [email protected]

OrgNOCHandle: NOC124-ARIN
    OrgNOCName: Network Operations Center
    OrgNOCPhone: +1-480-505-8809
    OrgNOCEmail: [email protected]

OrgTechHandle: NOC124-ARIN
    OrgTechName: Network Operations Center
    OrgTechPhone: +1-480-505-8809
    OrgTechEmail: [email protected]

# ARIN WHOIS database, last updated 2005-11-06 19:10
    # Enter ? for additional hints on searching ARIN's WHOIS database.

I Got Two Yesterday Different Names Though Same Email Same Website !!!

Antea Hotel

I got this e-mail from 2 different ppl w/the same company name just the other day ... everyone beware! It's another scam to get to your money!
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Dear sir/madam:

My name is Dimitar Kirkov/Jacqueline Stevens. I am representing the interests of "Antea Hotel". We are working in tourism in Turkey. We found your resume on internet site. We are offering you to be our representative in USA. We do not have opportunity to get the regular mail in USA. In order to increase the prestige of our company we do need the representative in USA. Your work will be not time consuming.

You have to:
    - get the post with correspondence (contracts and other bulletins)
    - sent the post to our address in Turkey

This activity do not require additional investment. The number of envelopes is 20 per week. In the end of the month you will get the honorary of 500 US dollars.

We will cover all your related to the activity expenses. We need your name (first and second) and your permanent address in USA back to our e-mail.
    We are looking forward for our further cooperation.

Sincerely yours,
    Dimitar Kirkov/Jacqueline Stevens
    [email protected]
    www.anteahotel.net

I received the e-mail from two different people on the same day as well. My letters were identical to yours; however, the "senders'" names were different. I, too looked it up and there is an Antea Hotel...I want to say it's in Turkey but the folks who sent the letters did not "legally" represent this company. The extra $500 for receiving and forwarding 20 letters per months sound pretty good but you know what they say, "if it sounds too good to be true.................." --Misha