+ Reply to Thread

debit.servus is offline No more hopelessly enslaved,than those who falsely believe they are free. User Rank

Motley Fool Stock Advisor?

I have been seeing their presentations for a few years now and am skeptical of their "ground floor" stock opportunities.

About a year ago I watched their 3D printing presentation, how 3D printing will be "bigger than the internet" and if you buy the right stocks today you'll never have to worry about money again. One of the companies they showed in the presentation was Stratisys (SSYS), they talked it up like 3D printing would go mainstream anyday now, and it's like buying shares of Apple in 1995. I bought a share of Stratisys on July 1st, 2015, and hasn't gone anywhere.

One thing I keep thinking is "If Motley Fool is such a great service, why can't they offer a free trial like other great services?".

Has anybody subscribed to Motley Fool Stock Advisor? Does the information they deliver live up to what they promote on their presentations? Is this the real deal or a scam?
    FCUSA Scam EXposure (YouTube Playlist)
    Take heed: Do not approach rural Nursuries in So. California. They want your stuff, they'll claim you are trespassing. They want an excuse to kill you so they can have your stuff. Your body is just a byproduct. Don't even walk off the paved highway in San Bernadino County.

Re: Motley Fool Stock Advisor?

It's a pump and dump op. they have a good thing going. im sure some advice is OK, a broken clock is right twice a day.

Craig is correct it is pump a stock and they dump it

Quote Originally Posted by debit.servus View Post
    I have been seeing their presentations for a few years now and am skeptical of their "ground floor" stock opportunities.

About a year ago I watched their 3D printing presentation, how 3D printing will be "bigger than the internet" and if you buy the right stocks today you'll never have to worry about money again. One of the companies they showed in the presentation was Stratisys (SSYS), they talked it up like 3D printing would go mainstream anyday now, and it's like buying shares of Apple in 1995. I bought a share of Stratisys on July 1st, 2015, and hasn't gone anywhere.

One thing I keep thinking is "If Motley Fool is such a great service, why can't they offer a free trial like other great services?".

Has anybody subscribed to Motley Fool Stock Advisor? Does the information they deliver live up to what they promote on their presentations? Is this the real deal or a scam?
    You asked a very good question.

The Motley Fool was founded by some very smart guys who hit it big, real big early on. They then used that reputation and success to start the fool and promote it accordingly. In short they were smart and motivated, some of the advise they give is good and some not so much.

When it comes to investing follow a few simple rules:

1) Don't look for returns of greater then 10%
    2) Don't play with money that will upset you to loose.
    3) Do your own homework and take responsibility, even if you give your money to a complete fraud and you loose, you are partially responsible because you chose to believe.

Use websites like the Fool as a guide and do your own homework, read the financial reports and learn how to access a balance sheet, etc. but most of all learn how to identify strong management. Amazing ideas go broke everyday.