+ Reply to Thread

Minority (Non-White) Privilege

Writing in the Washington Post, Guerrero, who is currently a junior at the university, said after an MIT official recommended that he not apply to the school during a trip to visit college, he “left the office in a daze” because MIT had been his dream school. He started walking down Massachusetts Avenue” and, “without really planning it, I found myself in the middle of Harvard.” A Harvard admissions officer told him, “If you are admitted to Harvard College, we will meet your full financial need without regard to your legal status.”

He eventually got in, and “they gave me a full ride. This meant I wouldn’t have to worry about student loans or quarterly tuition payments; that I always had a place to stay away from home; that I could travel every semester, on Harvard’s dime, back to California; that my parents would never have to worry whether I’d finish school. Those are luxuries few people, documented or not, ever have.”

“I used to think that being undocumented was a disadvantage to me. I used to mourn the fact that I was different,” the current junior wrote. “But ultimately I realize that it was because of, not in spite of, my identity — as an undocumented Chicano

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...gal-immigrant/
    Lose a pound a day, every day. I personally lost 60 pounds in 60 days. My free 47 page PDF eBook explains how. CLICK HERE to read online, or download your free copy.

Re: Minority (Non-White) Privilege

well, the good news is shortly thereafter he DEPORTED HIMSELF!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you