+ Reply to Thread

Sprint Billing Scam

Sprint billing scam???

On this one Iím hoping for some feedback. My Dad got scammed by phone by someone representing himself as Sprint. This person knew his bill was overdue and knew by how much. He was instructed by the fraudster to write a check to Sprint for the amount due and send it to a PO Box in Clearwater FL. The check got cashed, Sprint showed no record of receiving the check and did not cash the check. After presenting the problem to Bank personal my Dad was informed that it was a scam. He was re-imbursed by the bank for the loss but no other details are known about this scam or how it works,
    Does anybody out there know more about this????

PSB

Re: Sprint Billing Scam

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by scambuster
    Interesting.
    Yeah I thought so too!! My dad has not been managing his bills very well and may have given information to the wrong person by phone to initiate this attact,but I can't figure out exactly how this happened. Also when they got the check and cashed it they also used the Banking info to slam his account for more money. He has since changed his checking acct., no problem since then.
    It may be a crime of oppurtunity not indicating a trend. That's why I posted to find out if anybody else has had a problem like this with sprint or other Utilitiy bills.
    PSB

I got screwed by Sprint and refuse to do business with them again.

My phone fell into a pool and had to be replaced. When I went to replace it, they wanted $150 for the new phone and $300 for 'early termination of my old contract', claiming that even though it was the same phone number, because the phone was new, it was a new contract. There was no way in hell I was going to pay $450 to replace my phone.

I took a hammer to my old cell phone and sent it to Sprint in protest. They still send me a bill for the penalty for early termination of the contract, which I still refuse to pay..

I also got scammed by Sprint. They tried to say I owed them 2,000. My daughter lost her phone and they kept charging me.

About the Sprint billing scam. Just because someone called your dad up acting like a sprint representative, does not mean it was a sprint representative. So that has absolutely nothing to do with Sprint. Someone could have simply got into your mail or hacked into your online account. Simple as that.
    To 'CougarClaws': I dont understand why they would have said that you had to pay the $300 for canceling the old agreement early. When you purchase a new phone, you only pay for the cost of that phone, although it may extend your agreement. && sometimes you get discounts just for buying a phone and extending your agreement. If you refuse to pay, you better believe you'll be sent to collections and Sprint wont even have to deal with you anymore. && that collection agency will be more than happy to get that money from you.. Otherwise they'll make sure your credit is ruined.
    To 'doglover': its not sprints problem your daughter lost her phone. If you've got an agreement. You pay your bill until that agreement is up. Should have bought a new phone. Thats all I got to say.

I love Sprint. My husband and I have been with them for years. We have always paid a lot less for service than my family members do with other companies. But they don't get coverage here in Wyoming, so I had to switch to Union Wireless. (It was that or Verizon, and Verizon was EXPENSIVE!)

Quote Originally Posted by EXsprintRep View Post
    About the Sprint billing scam. Just because someone called your dad up acting like a sprint representative, does not mean it was a sprint representative. So that has absolutely nothing to do with Sprint. Someone could have simply got into your mail or hacked into your online account. Simple as that.
    To 'CougarClaws': I dont understand why they would have said that you had to pay the $300 for canceling the old agreement early. When you purchase a new phone, you only pay for the cost of that phone, although it may extend your agreement. && sometimes you get discounts just for buying a phone and extending your agreement. If you refuse to pay, you better believe you'll be sent to collections and Sprint wont even have to deal with you anymore. && that collection agency will be more than happy to get that money from you.. Otherwise they'll make sure your credit is ruined.
    To 'doglover': its not sprints problem your daughter lost her phone. If you've got an agreement. You pay your bill until that agreement is up. Should have bought a new phone. Thats all I got to say.
    You protecting them but when I cancelled my account they erased pictures that i sent to my email. My baby's pictures something that cant be replaced.:zx11pissed: That is illegal. As long as I had the account they were there and then nothing. They are scams and thats just what they are.:judges:
    Last edited by haybaibay; 04-16-2011 at 05:34 PM. Reason: mispelled

I am so sorry to hear this, best of luck
    Last edited by Sviat; 08-08-2016 at 08:26 PM.

I think Sprint is being set up by conmen. You can't be mad at them.
    Help promote scam.com by using our promo videos on your blog or website! CLICK HERE FOR YOUTUBE VIDEOS