+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am extremely wealthy

Just LOVED the advertising link above on this very page. This guy's business is NOT that nasty, stinking MLM. No! Please don't confuse it with MLM! It is something different called "network marketing".

Sigh.

docb Guest

Re: I am extremely wealthy

Run ... Run ... Run

It is Liberty League International !!!!

The food chain for Scams has LLI at the top with numerous associates from all over America requesting and getting refund checks .... they have numerous "recommended" lead companies they pawn off on their associates

This is a great program if going into the hole for 20-30k is your main objective in life ... UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES even consider this program!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by docb
    Run ... Run ... Run

It is Liberty League International !!!!

The food chain for Scams has LLI at the top with numerous associates from all over America requesting and getting refund checks .... they have numerous "recommended" lead companies they pawn off on their associates

This is a great program if going into the hole for 20-30k is your main objective in life ... UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES even consider this program!!!!
    You know, for fun we should start a thread that addresses each and every one of the paid advertisers on the top of these pages. Wouldn't it be neat to have a honest look at those while they are sitting right up above the forum hawking their wares?? To quote John Belushi in Animal House..."Let's...DO IT!!!!!!!!"

docb Guest

How bout the link below that states "$7000 over and over again" ???

Ghees .... that is the "Christian Based" Advantage Conferences and its
    founder is Tim Darnell ... who happens to be one of the Co-Founders of
    Liberty League International

This "Christian Based" opportunity has the same structured business model as Liberty League International and is nothing but hot smoke with claims of associates making 7k over and over again

Go click on that link and see if the word S-C-A-M does not come to mind???

docb Guest

and how shocking ... the other link for "Career Changes" is the Top Scam in the country today: Liberty League International !!!

The founders came from Global Prosperity .. which is similar to Liberty League International and Advantage Conferences in that is was a cleverly disguised pyramid that eventually got shut down

Rumors have it LLI's CEO named Joe Neid (which I found out is not even his last name) has left the company and numerous associates have filed against LLI thru the AG in Arizona and many have gotten refund checks out of this 100% scam

The founders came from Global Prosperity .. which is similar to Liberty League International and Advantage Conferences in that is was a cleverly disguised pyramid that eventually got shut down

Global prosperity wasn't shut down, it dossolved, the founders parted ways, it wasn't very friendly. I was on the call so heard it first hand. Dave Struckman owns the part now called PQI, or Pinnacle Quest International. Inc. http://www.quatloos.com/pinnacle_quest.htm

They are still around scamming people: http://www.pqi.cc

I guess Quatloos ran out of room they used to have one of my emails posted on the site, blasting IGP and PQI that I had blasted out to my email lists when I left IGP. I was pretty angry, lol.

Lady Mod

docb Guest

EXHIBIT: Global Prosperity Group/
    Investors International (IGP)

NEW!

Introduction

At the bottom of multi-level marketing -- a scummy business at best -- lurks Global Prosperity. The slimy-est of the slimy, Global Prosperity marks the absolute rock-bottom low of the MLM programs. There simply is no MLM program which is more of a scam, or has such a disreputable background, as Global Prosperity and its many equally-sordid spin-offs.

The people associated with GPG are the bottom of the bottom, too. Many of the people have criminal pasts, others are lifelong network marketers. In other words, you have to be a total scumbug to be affiliated with GPG -- that is, creating relationships with hardened criminals and a programs which has a reputation for scamming young and old, rich and poor alike. If somebody actually admits they are in Global Prosperity, you know you are dealing with a lowlife, so run!

Global Prosperity's reputation is so bad that other network marketers will often add a disclaimer to the bottom of their own spams and advertisements which says "Not Global Prosperity" -- now that is pretty bad! And Global Prosperity really had to work at being the Black Sheep of the multi-level marketing industry, which is like being the really dislikeable guy in a lineup of child molesters.

Global Prosperity Group ("GPG") was formed by a scam artist named Keith Anderson formerly of Tulsa, Oklahoma (before he fled the United States). Essentially, Anderson put together a bogus "three-tiered" trust system, relying heavily on discredited tax protestor theories and whatever common law terms he could pick up out of Black's Law Dictionary (a generic reference source for 1st year law students and paralegals, but not much else). Anderson then took this trust system and began to market it, multi-level style, by creating different tiers of membership in GPG, and with people awarded only when they -- or someone in their "downline" brought in some new sucker who purchased the GPG materials.

The GPG trust system being absolutely bogus, Anderson relied on the MLMers who flocked to GPG reading "scripts" (prepared speeches to be read over the phone to new prospects) as well as audiotapes and a bunch of glossy materials which would have been laughed at by any tax attorney or legal academician. But, by powerful marketing and PROMISES that people who sold GPG would go on to great riches, GPG blossomed and literally thousands of completely-worthless trusts were created, mostly in the early 1990s.

By the mid-1990s however, only a Anderson and a few of the people at the top of the GPG hierarchy made any money, and many people at the lower levels were left being prosecuted for tax evasion and trying to figure out how to get their money out of bank debenture programs and other bogus investments promoted by GPG.

Then, GPG splintered into a bunch of equally bogus programs, most notably Global Prosperity 2000 (GPG2000), Global Prosperity 2001 (GPG2001), Investors Alliance, Financial Legacy Alliance, and others. All of these program follow essentially the same recipe: Selling bogus trust or other questionable legal structures and investments, selling "memberships" to be able to sell to your friends and family and whatever suckers you come across, by reading carefully drafted scripts and sending out audiotapes, and of course aiding and abetting tax evasion and securities fraud, depending on the time of day.

Soon after the collapse of GPG, even Keith Anderson admitted that "Big Mistakes" had been made in that program. Nonetheless, within a couple of years some of the old leaders of GPG had banded back together, and despite the fact that the original GPG was a complete bust that left many people scammed and other being prosecuted for tax evasion, GPG is back on track (?) holding overpriced seminars, spamming the internet with "offshore opportunity" and reading scripts to suckers over the phone.

Go figure. The first time GPG went around, it was probably easy to be suckered into the newness of it all. But to get suckered into GPG this second time around, well you'd have to be a real fool.

So what does GPG sell? Well, mostly they sell seminars which tell you how you can sell their seminars to others. Which is funny, because the GPG seminars do little more than promote so-called Pure Trusts (a quick ticket to lose your wealth in IRS fines and penalties, and perhaps even spend some Club Fed time) and various shady investments in condos, etc.

From our April 2000 Newsletter

Speaking of abusive trusts, lately there has been a resurgence of the old "Global Prosperity Group", a group which offered Pure Trusts (a sham trust sold by scam artists) and unreported Offshore Trusts (deemed to be tax evasion by the IRS) on a multi-level marketing basis.

GPG, as it was known, is a version of an MLM scam known as the "aussie-2-up", basically because it offers two levels to which a network marketer could climb if they scammed enough people OR that suckers who mistakenly thought the GPG seminars and materials were valuable, could buy into.

GPG was famous for suggestions that its network marketers spam e-mails like crazy, advertise in newspapers, etc., and then when a prospective dupe would call, a long "script" would be read over the telephone which extolled the virtues of GPG as a tax-free "business opportunity" that would lead many to riches.

And lead it did, but not to riches. GPG proved to be a notoriously difficult program for people to sell, because most people didn't want to commit tax evasion. Still, by sheer persistence the program sold into the tens-of-thousands, only perhaps a dozen or less were destined to walk away net ahead, the others losing big in thousands of dollars in bogus seminars and materials, not to mention lost time.

Even worse, as GPG progressed, many people took advantage of the people in it by getting them into bank debenture roll programs, historical bonds, and all sorts of other fraudulent investments, where the investors didn't even get a dime back. Many of these schemes were later busted up the SEC, and the rest simply didn't pay.

GPG finally collapsed around 1997, with 99% of the people in it being utterly disgusted with the lies and lost investments. But like any bad social disease, GPG kept coming back, in the form of some equally fraudulent programs known respectively as "Global Prosperity 2000," "Global Prosperity 2001", "Investors Alliance", and several other similar programs - all lead of course by former GPG leaders, who were as shameless about telling blatant lies in the marketing of these programs as they were with GPG.

The history of GPG and its spin-off programs is a lesson in sham programs, and how the idea of "tax free offshore trusts" and multi-level marketing can blend together to make a nightmare for those involved. We cover the GPG scam at http://www.quatloos.com/groups/gpg.htm

Lately, we have seen a resurgence of one of the spin-off groups, Global Prosperity 2001, which has apparently been given overpriced seminars in the Caribbean again. This is amazing, giving GPG's proven track record of being both fraudulent and notoriously difficult to sell (bad amongst other MLM programs!). So, we will wait again for the inevitable cease-and-desist order and prosecutions.

If you are approached to buy into any GPG spin-off group, just tell them that you're not interested - and that they can "shove" their scripts.

docb Guest

"GLOBAL PROSPERITY" PRINCIPAL CONVICTED OF TAX FRAUD
    WASHINGTON, D.C.-Eileen J. O'Connor, Assistant Attorney General for the Tax Division, U.S. Department of Justice, John McKay, U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Washington, and Nancy Jardini, Chief, Internal Revenue (IRS) Service Criminal Investigation Division, announced today that at the federal courthouse in Seattle, Washington, Dwayne Robare pled guilty to superseding information charging him with income tax evasion for the 2000 tax year.

On May 12, 2004, Mr. Robare was indicted-along with alleged Institute of Global Prosperity founders Daniel Anderson, David Struckman, Lorenzo ("Zo") Lamantia (also known as "Lorenzo Milano"), and Kuldip Singh-on a charge of conspiracy to defraud the United States by impeding the IRS. Mr. Robare faces a maximum potential sentence of five years in jail, followed by up to three years of supervised release, $250,000 in fines, and liability for the costs of prosecution.

"People who move money into domestic or foreign trusts to evade taxes risk criminal prosecution and jail," said Assistant Attorney General O'Connor." And in the end, they will still owe the taxes, with interest and penalties added."

"The government will not tolerate abusive tax schemes that promote the use of offshore accounts to illegally escape taxes," said Chief Jardini. "Those Americans who file accurate, honest and timely returns can be assured that the government will hold accountable those who don't."

The information alleges that Mr. Robare, age 43, of Leominster, Massachusetts, became affiliated with the Institute of Global Prosperity (IGP) in 1997 and for several years thereafter operated and maintained its teleconferencing system located in Marlboro, Massachusetts. IGP members subscribed to the teleconferencing services by remitting fees to a nominee entity named Independent Diversity Entrepreneurs and Associates (IDEA). Mr. Robare was a partner of IDEA and shared in the profits generated from fees paid to IDEA from 1997 through 2002.

In a statement of facts provided to the court, Mr. Robare admitted to receiving income from his work with IGP from approximately 1997 through 2002. Mr. Robare admitted that he used various means to conceal his income from the IRS. This included a false trust with a domestic bank account which he obtained from Innovative Financial Consultants in Arizona and an offshore trust and foreign bank account which he obtained from Prosper International League Limited in the Bahamas. Mr. Robare admitted that the resulting tax loss totaled between $120,000 and $200,000. Mr. Robare agreed to cooperate fully with the IRS in the ascertainment, computation, and payment of his correct federal and state income tax liabilities.

Assistant Attorney General O'Connor thanked Tax Division Trial Attorneys Larry Wszalek and Mark Odulio, who prosecuted the case. She also thanked the special agents of the IRS whose assistance was essential to the successful investigation and prosecution of the case.

In July 2004, IGP founder Daniel Andersen pled guilty to a tax charge stemming from a conspiracy to defraud the United States and awaits sentencing. The remaining defendants are awaiting trial. The charges contained in the indictment are only allegations. In the American justice system, a person is presumed innocent unless and until he or she is proven guilty in a court of law.

Additional information about the Justice Department's Tax Division and its enforcement efforts may be found at www.usdoj.gov/tax.

I'm soooo happy I use a browser that doesn't display ads!!

OIC, they were different from the tax scam I was suckered into. IGP is the Institute for Global Prosperity.

Very similar programs though.

Lady Mod

Isn't it telling that almost all of these MLM...without exception have been litigated against??? But, yet their followers all just write it off as people who didn't follow the plan or didn't try hard enought.

Quote Originally Posted by Synik
    Isn't it telling that almost all of these MLM...without exception have been litigated against??? But, yet their followers all just write it off as people who didn't follow the plan or didn't try hard enought.
    They never could claim that about me. I had receipts of $1,000 a month for leads, telephone receipts for voice mail and 800 systems for another $100 a month, was on every call, did training AND went to the offshore seminars as well as purchased the tax packages. My deal was that I'm a product person and people aren't interested in product, they want to make a lot of money in business. LOL and all the calls were geared to opportunity. I made several sales but nothing earth shattering.

OH, I guess I really didn't follow the plan. LOL.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

Folks,

A very dear fellow poster on our fair sister Quatloos.com has said many times that the vast majority of MLMers, CDMers and NWMers would make out better with a job at McDonalds! The more numbers I crunch the much more realistic that looks. Anybody in Ignite hometerritory I would love to meet you there! LOL

Soapboxmom

Rumors have it LLI's CEO named Joe Neid (which I found out is not even his last name) has left the company and numerous associates have filed against LLI thru the AG in Arizona and many have gotten refund checks out of this 100% scam
    LOL -- where do you guys come up with this stuff? ROFL

Joe Neid isn't the CEO of Liberty League. But he DID go on vacation for about three weeks. Is that what you mean about him "leaving the company"? LOL

And, you can check every Attorney General office in the U.S. There are no outstanding complaints in any AG office regarding LLI.

Amazing...

Tony Rush

docb Guest

Tony Rush:

For the startup of $1500 you get 2 CDs and a binder and the product in Barnes & Noble would sell for maybe $75 ...the only "life changing" is your bank acct as the fun starts with LLI:

* You pay for the 800 number and website
    * You will be told LLI has 2 highly "recommended" lead sources ...owned by LLers such as Payne & Glanville
    * The prospecting calls are all taped and the same hyped crap that gives no substance at all regarding the LLI concept or business model
    * It is a 2 up prgm ...you will be hammered once you sign up by your sponsor to buy tickets for upcoming events at the cost of "only" 8 and 13k per event

LIBERTY LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL, LLC
    14300 N. Northsight Blvd. #210
    Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Principal: Brent Payne, Contact
    Phone Number: 480-636-7400
    Fax Number: 480-595-5658
    Web Site Address: www.libertyleague.com
    www.success1234U.com
    www.unlockyourfreedom.com
    Membership Status: no
    Type of Business: Business Opportunity Cos.
    Advertising-Direct Mail
    Pyramid Companies

The information in this report has either been provided by the company, or has been compiled by the Bureau from other sources.

This company is not a member of this Better Business Bureau.

CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to a pattern of complaints. Complaints are concerning selling practices. Specifically, complaints allege misrepresentation of the products or services offered by the company. Complaints also concern requests for refunds.

When evaluating complaint information, please consider the company's size and volume of business. The number of complaints filed against the company may not be as important as the type of complaints and how the company handled them.

Closed Complaints
    Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 36 Months: 28
    Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 12 months: 21

I recently performed some due diligence and research on Liberty League and found that one of the companies top executives, Joe Neid, had left the company due to potential and pending litigation. Additionally, the source stated that Bill Sigmund had left the organization, as well.

Go check with the AG in Arizona .. NUMEROUS LLI associates have filed and NUMEROUS refund checks have been cut as I known a few personally that have received refund checks in the range of 5-8K

Here is the truth regarding Liberty League International. #1 The company is breaking business opportunity laws in 23 states. That means that they can't charge over $500 for one item ($200 for South Dakota) for a business opportunity, unless the company registers with the state and puts up a bond. .

Here is the problem. You are competing against every other Liberty League owner and the real money isn't in "Beyond Freedom", its in selling the Liberty League Confrences that go for $8,000-13,000 a pop. In essence, you are selling overpriced seminars, that are illegal in 23 states.

docb Guest

LIBERTY LEAGUE AND COSTAL VACATIONS!

Complaints – after several stack up it is time to go to press. I hate handling a lot of complaints so the easy answer is to go to your Attorney General in the State you live in (see the report below) and the Attorney General in the State they operate in. It is easy you can use the same complaint letter. Unless the state goes nuts like Oklahoma below and goes after the throat of the company you should get your money back from the company (who does not want trouble). Pop $6000-$7000 for a seminar? The law really gets attentive.

2. A conversation with a friend in Oklahoma. It seems the Securities Division (who handles pyramids and biz opps) in Oklahoma chased down 30 people who has joined a company that charged over a $1000 pop to play. The reason they interrogated the 30? To find out if anybody had bought the package without the expectation of making money. Of course none of them had. Wow…. Handcuffs time…

3. To let you know why these things do not last. Some 23 states have biz opp laws that say you can’t charge over $500 (South Dakota $200) for a biz opp (yes Aussie 2 Ups are big time biz opps). Not a problem if the company registers with those 23 states and puts up a bond. However since a full disclosure and description of the business must be given… Aaaah not too many would make it!

4. By the way if you wonder who buys all those $5 pre-qualified leads it is folks from companies like this with a big front end pop around a $1000 dollars! If they bag one sucker a day that works out to $20,000 a month. For Global Prosperity, ProStep even had phone operators pre-calling and qualifying those leads 24 hours a day. Good leads bag a $1000 before lunch and take the rest of the day off!!

5. Personally I hate the 2UP because it steals the first two good prospects from the newbies warm market. Since at best a newbie signs up 2.3-2.6 people, the trainer just tore the guts out of the newbie making money. It is made for hard sell hard phone scammy folks who like a $1000 a day to live on and are not adverse to screwing a newbie. Great teamwork huh?

5. By the way Coastal Vacations and Liberty League both say they are not MLM's. Wrong in about 13 states where the MLM law says if you induce another person into a business opportunity it falls under MLM law. I guess Coastal Vacations and Liberty League only tell a 1/4 lie about !!

6. Let us hope that we soon say goodbye to Coastal Vacations and Liberty League. We need more good people (newbies) in MLM. We don't need them getting shafted in Aussie 2 UPs!