+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

The EVILS of the Koran....

Okay folks, per a discussion that began yesterday.... I felt it pertinant to start a new thread discussing how the Koran is EVIL....it states that it is permitted to MURDER!!! The Koran also states that it is okay to BEAT your wife! (Peaceful, huh?)

I will post quotes outlining the 2 statements above shortly, as I have a copy of the Koran here with me....but I am busy at this moment. Rest assured, I will definitely get them up sooner than later!

I just wanted to get the thread up and running for preliminary discussion.

ENJOY! :)

Re: The EVILS of the Koran....

Deuteronomy chapter 13 tells us that anyone who tempts you to worship any god other than the Christian god should be put to death - it is acceptable for you to kill them. Verses 12-16 are particularly enlightening, in that if a city has been corrupted by non-believers, it is acceptable to "put the inhabitants of that city to the sword", and burn the entire city as an offering to the Christian god.

So according the Bible, its ok to kill non-christians.

Do please make sure your quotes are in context Franky. I seriously doubt the Koran is any more evil than the Bible is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysne58
    Do please make sure your quotes are in context Franky. I seriously doubt the Koran is any more evil than the Bible is.

yikes....you shouldnt doubt things so blindly, Ysne58.

dont worry, quotes will be in context, unlike Synik....who is just blindly googling versus and trying to take the worst possible, evil-sounding parts and post them here...

The Koran states that it is the only true words written. It also states that once you have read the Koran, if you do not follow it....you will go to hell.

If you have never read the Koran, then you could be saved. But, once you've read the words & you chose not to follow them.. :eek: there is no hope for you.

Quote Originally Posted by PAYEK
    The Koran states that it is the only true words written. It also states that once you have read the Koran, if you do not follow it....you will go to hell.

If you have never read the Koran, then you could be saved. But, once you've read the words & you chose not to follow them.. :eek: there is no hope for you.
    omigosh! i must be screwed then! :D

maybe if i start beating my wife and killing people i'll be alright?!?!?! ;)

heh heh heh

Quote Originally Posted by Synik
    Deuteronomy chapter 13 tells us that anyone who tempts you to worship any god other than the Christian god should be put to death - it is acceptable for you to kill them. Verses 12-16 are particularly enlightening, in that if a city has been corrupted by non-believers, it is acceptable to "put the inhabitants of that city to the sword", and burn the entire city as an offering to the Christian god.

So according the Bible, its ok to kill non-christians.
    Synik, Deuteronomy 13 was written well before anyone thought up the idea of Jesus. There were no Christians then. It's a description of the prohibition against idolatry and against false prophets.

But, bear in mind that you couldn't just kill someone for that (yeah, there are other stories where people did just kill people, but they usually paid a pretty heavy price). You had to have at least two adult male witnesses who witnessed the crime, had to inform the person they were committing a crime and what the consequences were, at least twice before the crime was actually committed, and any court that found for the death penalty more than once in seventy years was considered murderous.

Note how verse 15 says that seven thorough investigations have to be made to determine if the allegations against alleged idolators are actually true.

Deuteronomy 13:1 would out-and-out prohibit Christianity for the Israelites, though, as Christianity subtracts a whole bunch of stuff from the Torah and adds in a whole lot of other stuff. Definitely a no-no in biblical t erms.
    Last edited by ComplexKid; 11-04-2005 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGfranky75
    yikes....you shouldnt doubt things so blindly, Ysne58.

dont worry, quotes will be in context, unlike Synik....who is just blindly googling versus and trying to take the worst possible, evil-sounding parts and post them here...
    Are all Christians like yourself, mean spirit-high and mighty, holier than thou…like you?

I can Quote Mine the bible as you have the Koran. It's a disingenuous form of debate. Not, to mention there is no more proof that anything in the Bible is more or lest true than the Koran.

It's an argument only a fool starts.

Tell me were the Crusades, Christianity at its best?
    Last edited by Synik; 11-04-2005 at 09:39 PM.

Really, look them up.
    don't need to. :cool:

Are all Christians like yourself, mean spirit-high and mighty, holier than thou…like you?

I can Quote Mine the bible as you have the Koran. It's a disingenuous form of debate. Not, to mention there is no more proof that anything in the Bible is more or lest true than the Koran.

It's an argument only a fool starts.

Tell me were the Crusades, Christianity at its best?
    the only one mean-spirited in these threads is you. it says a lot about your upbringing.

what do you do for a living....might i ask? if you'd prefer, feel free to PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexKid
    Synik, Deuteronomy 13 was written well before anyone thought up the idea of Jesus. There were no Christians then. It's a description of the prohibition against idolatry and against false prophets.

But, bear in mind that you couldn't just kill someone for that (yeah, there are other stories where people did just kill people, but they usually paid a pretty heavy price). You had to have at least two adult male witnesses who witnessed the crime, had to inform the person they were committing a crime and what the consequences were, at least twice before the crime was actually committed, and any court that found for the death penalty more than once in seventy years was considered murderous.

Note how verse 15 says that seven thorough investigations have to be made to determine if the allegations against alleged idolators are actually true.

Deuteronomy 13:1 would out-and-out prohibit Christianity for the Israelites, though, as Christianity subtracts a whole bunch of stuff from the Torah and adds in a whole lot of other stuff. Definitely a no-no in biblical t erms.
    Yes that's part of Deuteronomy but, you left out:
    "...and when the LORD your God has delivered them over to you and you have defeated them, then you must destroy them totally. [a] Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy."

"If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a miraculous sign or wonder, 2 and if the sign or wonder of which he has spoken takes place, and he says, "Let us follow other gods" (gods you have not known) "and let us worship them," 3 you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The LORD your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 It is the LORD your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him. 5 That prophet or dreamer must be put to death, because he preached rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery; he has tried to turn you from the way the LORD your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you. "

I'm sorry, are these not part of the Bible???

Quote Originally Posted by BIGfranky75
    the only one mean-spirited in these threads is you. it says a lot about your upbringing.

what do you do for a living....might i ask? if you'd prefer, feel free to PM me.
    Not at all, I'm a designer, an artist and a software QA analyst. I also have a small profitable side business.

We were raised strict Catholics but, we were taught to think for ourselves and not take everything on face value.

I thought this thread was about the Koran. So most of the posts have been about the old testament of the bible.

Not at all, I'm a designer, an artist and a software QA analyst. I also have a small profitable side business.

We were raised strict Catholics but, we were taught to think for ourselves and not take everything on face value.

ah-ha! a catholic....that explains a lot. the undertones of absolute misery are now making a bit more sense...

well, your parents failed miserably...because i am yet to see an original thought in any of your posts.....you do have that "copy & paste" function mastered, however!

I thought this thread was about the Koran. So most of the posts have been about the old testament of the bible.
    I know, it's funny isn't it?! LOL....It's just so hard to stay on topic.
    One topic brings on another one.

i know, i know, your right....seriously, i'm sorry. :(

i just havent had the time today, i have the friggen thing right here on my desk too! i promise i'll get to it soon... :o