+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: DEG Invest.....careerbuilder/Monster

I Have These Coming To Me But The Ting Is They Said That They Already Have A Check Coming To Me In The Mail What Should I Do?

I just got my check today, $915 from Revolution Hair Studio, LTD, a Wells Fargo Bank check, anyway this check was suppose 2 B here 2wks. ago. I have been compiling all of my e-mails from a Rob [email protected], whom also always changes his e-mail address, my next step is to go to the police; but what's amazing is I also recieved another e-mail from Rob this morning informing me to please accept their appologies as they had had some technical difficulties and to please inform them as soon as I recieve the check. They still want it cashed right away and they also requested me to photo copy everything. Get this, After signing on with them, I found this site and told Rob and all of the other yahoo accounts I was suppose to contact, to basically get lost, and they still send me this stuff. My contact info. to send the check to was the same person in Russia, but a different building number; makes you wonder if someone has already tracked this scam to some of the addresses and intercepted their profit.

I too received a check for $910 drawn on Bank of America. I did not receive the email from DEG Invest indicating they had sent me a check and with instructions on how to cash it until after I brought the check to the bank to see if the check was valid and could be deposited. I brought the check to Bank of America and asked the teller if the check was ok and could be deposited. She indicated she would need to call for authorization. She could get no response to authorize the check, and asked that I return later when she verified the check. I agreed and, later in the day, the teller called me and indicated that the check was ok to deposit. But when I returned to the bank, the manager called the police, and when the police arrived, they arrested me for attempted theft and forgery. I explained the circumstances surrounding the check, however here in Las Vegas they take bad checks very seriously and believed that I had created it. Everyone....do not try to cash or deposit the check. Or you could be in as much trouble as I am now in. This is going to cost me a lot of money in attorney fees. I expected the bank to tell me the check was bad and tear it up. But was I wrong. If anyone has a copy of the check they received, or would be willing to at least send me an email confirming that they had also received the same check, I would greatly appreciate it. It could seriously save my ass!! Thank you in advance for anyone who responds to this message and will confirm in some manner or another that they too received the same check. Sincerely, Steve

I am a sucker that fell for this scam. I received the original email from DEG Invest, followed through with everything. Received my first check in the amount of $910 from a company out of Texas, I cashed the check and did as they asked. I have recently been contacted by the local check cashing place letting me know that it was a forged check and that I need to pay them the $910 plus a $15 fee. Fortunately they are going to work with me, as long as I pay them by the end of the month and they won't press charges. I have decided to contact the police regarding this. The company is still contacting me and adviced me that another check is on the way, I am hoping with all the emails I have kept and all the emails they are continuing to send me that the police can somehow figure this out. I'll be calling the attorney general today to see what I need to do from here. I will try to keep this updated so anyone that has been affected by this can benefit from anything I find out.

I got mine! $2103.00 supposedly from a church in Chicago drawn on a Chicago bank. I called the FBI then E-mailed them all the messages I got from these clowns. Obviously I wont cash it, I havn't heard back from the FBI yet, I'm just holding it untill they tell me what to do. I should have known it was a scam right off. They can't spell worth a crap and their sentance structure was all screwed up. Obviously from "somewhere else". My instructions were also to Western Union the money to Moscow.
    Another thing was in addition to no return address on the envelope, there was no postage!
    Last edited by Marty H; 12-17-2005 at 04:19 AM. Reason: missed a couple of details

I too received a check for $910 drawn on Bank of America. I did not receive the email from DEG Invest indicating they had sent me a check and with instructions on how to cash it until after I brought the check to the bank to see if the check was valid and could be deposited. I brought the check to Bank of America and asked the teller if the check was ok and could be deposited. She indicated she would need to call for authorization. She could get no response to authorize the check, and asked that I return later when she verified the check. I agreed and, later in the day, the teller called me and indicated that the check was ok to deposit. But when I returned to the bank, the manager called the police, and when the police arrived, they arrested me for attempted theft and forgery. I explained the circumstances surrounding the check, however here in Las Vegas they take bad checks very seriously and believed that I had created it. Everyone....do not try to cash or deposit the check. Or you could be in as much trouble as I am now in. This is going to cost me a lot of money in attorney fees. I expected the bank to tell me the check was bad and tear it up. But was I wrong. If anyone has a copy of the check they received, or would be willing to at least send me an email confirming that they had also received the same check, I would greatly appreciate it. It could seriously save my ass!! I would be willing to pay the first three people $100 each to anyone who can provide me with copies of the check they received, some contact information so that I may be able to receive a signed statement from you, or other evidence supporting that you did in fact receive a similar check to the one that I did. Thank you in advance for anyone who responds to this message and will confirm in some manner or another that they too received the same check. Sincerely, Steve

If anyone has been criminally charged with attempting to cash or deposit one of these scam checks at a bank, particularly Bank of America, please let us know the outcome because that is what happened to me and I need help to defend myself. Perhaps how you handled your situation might help me and others who did the same silly thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nica1978
    Yes, I also had the e-mail that did work and now does not. They are: [email protected] and [email protected].
    I thought that the money was to be sent to Germany and I got an e-mail after I got the check and now it's to be sent to this person at this address. I copied and pasted this from the DEG Invest e-mail:
    first name: EKATERINA
    last name: USOVA
    City: St.Petersburg
    Address: Lenina street, house 11 apt.2
    Was the check from Bank Of America (mine was)and for $910.00? Did you have to give you fingerprint when you cashed the check. If so call the bank and ask questions based on different out comes. What ever you do don't send any money. I do not feel this is a legitimate business we are dealing with.
    Exact same thing happend to me. Same person in Russia, same address, everything.... except for the amount was $915.00. The check was from a company in California. I was contacted from my bank today and the check was not cleared. Now I am in the hole for $915.00. I made copies of everything before I cashed and sent the money. Hopefully that will help when I go to the Cops. God, I feel like a moron.

testing 123