+ Reply to Thread

DPMCORP - Spam hunter Scam ????

Need Help searching this company http://www.dpmcorp.net/ I saw an ad in my local paper for a Spam Hunter for $15.00 hr. sounded good gave an email address of [email protected] recived an email back from [email protected] here is the following email and it has some interesting things .

About us
    Our company is OEM provider of anti-spam solutions. Due to great demand of our
    services and high spam activity we require expansion of staff responsible for
    the compilation of e-mail filter rules and block-lists. Our company website:
    http://www.dpmcorp.net

Job Description
    This is a remote work. You will need a computer with internet access. Your main
    job duty is to rate the incoming mail for spam probability. Our system
    automatically accumulates rating from all employees and creates a final level
    spam filtering rules and block-lists. The work process is almost similar to
    everyday email check process. See 'Job Overview' on our website for details:
    http://www.dpmcorp.net/login/empl/jobfaq.htm

Work Schedule
    Work time for newly employed applicants is limited to 1(one) hour a day for the
    first 2(two) weeks. After this period a successful employee may request work
    time extension.
    Job task may be carried out at any time during a 24 hour day by EST. See 'Duties
    & Responsibilities FAQ' on our website for details:
    http://www.dpmcorp.net/login/empl/drfaq.htm

Salary details
    15$/hour, 1 hour a day, 7 days a week.
    To a succesful candidate advance payment for the first 2(two) weeks is paid. See
    'Payment FAQ' on our website for details:
    http://www.dpmcorp.net/login/empl/paymentfaq.htm

If you feel fit with all above mentioned, please apply on our website:
    http://www.dpmcorp.net/login/empl/jobapp.htm

here is what the payment screens said

What is my salary?
    To avoid any speculations and misunderstandings, to the successful candidate an advance payment for 2(two) weeks of work is paid.
    Weekly salary for initial level worker:
    $15 per hour. 1 hour per day. 7 days a week.

Return to top

What is the payment period?
    Advance payment for initial level worker covers first two weeks of work. Next payments are issued weekly.

Return to top

Where does my salary come from?
    Our company provides services to other companies and individuals(CEO, Business Individuals, etc) by some reasons not having an opportunity to take an advantage of services for the companies.
    Your paycheck comes directly from our client and includes payment for our services provided to the client.

Return to top

When do I get my paycheck?
    Your advance payment for 2(two) weeks of work is issued upon succesful employment with our company without exception. Please allow up to 5 business days to arrive by regular mail. Next paychecks are issued weekly.

Return to top

What is your commission?
    Our commission is a payment from our client for the services provided and equals the difference between the amount of your advance payment and paycheck amount. It is joined 1 time for all period of services provided to the client. The exact amount of our commission vary for each client.

Return to top

What should I do with my paycheck?
    Please, cash it. DO NOT put it on your savings bank account. It is essential to have our commission on hands as you agree to forward it to one of our offices. :eek:

Return to top

What should I do with your commission?
    Agreeing to work for DPM you automatically agree to receive an advance and redirect our commission to one of our offices.
    Commission should be redirected during 2(two) business days from the moment of acknowledgment of availability of money under the paycheck.
    Our offices are located in the USA, Canada, United Kingdom and Ireland. Request redirect details from your manager.

Return to top

How may I redirect your commission?
    Western Union or MoneyGram services are preferred where availible. In other cases please contact your manager.

Return to top

Who pays for your commission forwarding?
    Payment of costs of transfer is paid from the amount of our commission.

Return to top

There is a mistake in my paycheck amount.
    In case of mistake return or deduction is covered by the next paycheck.

Return to top

Who should I contact if I have any questions about my payment?
    Contact your manager on any question. Calls to the main office are not welcomed.

Return to top

this smells like a HUGE SCAM TO ME what do you think ????

Re: DPMCORP - Spam hunter Scam ????

Well, just the fact that the person can't write very well makes it look like a scam. I did look up dpm on google and came up with some real interesting results, including a dpm.com site for an AU company that is in the software busniess. Interestingly, dpm.net wasn't on the first page, it was at the bottom of the second page of results. I would guess that it is a scam, and probably infringes on a trademark or two to boot.

Ok .... after my posting I sent an email back to the original person and the one on the email sent to me. .... basically I asked them if they were on crack to think I would actually cash a check and send them the money with in 2 days of cashing it. and went on to point out other concerns from the website.

I told/asked them to prove me wrong that this was legit and not a scam... this was yesterday no response back so far. I got a email back from my original request for information with in 2 hours of it being sent.

The more I think about it the more im convinced that this IS A SCAM !!!

Those out there who do research on the background of the web host and what not Id be interested in what you find..... Their webiste is much more impressive that Future Advsertings website ..... I did a address search on them NO SUCH # have not called the phone number listed on the site ( and guess where its at New York !!!) why are all/most of the scam companies in New York ?

I think you were right in the first analysis - cut out all the BS from the email and it drills down to straight check fraud. No real business would pay commissions in that way - they'll send you a good quality fake check which you then cash, and then send the balance on to an untraceable destination. Then, later when the police catch up with you, you'll have zero evidence to show where the money went.

These are the domain contact details. They're probably fake:

Domain Name Owner:
    fonsworth, stephen
    479 Head st
    san francisco, CA 94132
    US

Administrative Contact:
    fonsworth, stephen [SF-229]
    479 Head st
    san francisco, CA 94132, US
    Phone: 4159644517
    Email: [email protected]

Technical Contact:
    Omnis Network
    Network, Omnis [ON-1]
    3655 Torrance Blvd Suite 230
    Torrance, CA 90503, US
    Phone: (310)316-2744
    Fax: (310)316-4991

Billing Contact:
    fonsworth, stephen [SF-229]
    479 Head st
    san francisco, CA 94132, US
    Phone: 4159644517

Record Information:
    Domain Record Created: August 25, 2005 00:00
    Domain Record Updated: August 24, 2005 19:16
    Domain Record Expires: August 25, 2006 00:00

DNS Information:
    Name Server: ns1.omnis.com
    Name Server: ns2.omnis.com
    Server is hosted on 216.239.136.184, it looks like it's co-hosted with a lot of legitimate and unrelated sites.

Fire off a copy of the email to abuse -at- omnis.com and support -at- omnis.com, perhaps including a link back to this thread.

Dynamo .... How do you drill down and find all this stuff ??

I use various tools. WHOIS Source is a great place, but requires a subscription for the really cool tools. However, it should tell you the registration date and physical location of the server. Sam Spade for Windows is another very cool tool but more complicated to use.

WHOIS services are great (and there are lots of them, just Google 'em) because you can see exactly when the domain was registered - so if the site says they've been around since 1999 and the domain was registered last week, then you know they're lying. Also, each domain name should have a real, verifiable name and address that you should be able to look up.

Not foolproof though - and often the most useful anti-scam tool is that soggy lump of grey matter most of us keep between our ears ;)

Be very carefull with the DPMCorp Scam. I also was sent a check for $1400 with out return address and the stamp was from the netherlands. I looked the whois informtion and the contact information is a pager. Also I looked at dpm corp in newyork and their so such company in the corportion listings with that address. I'm not sure what they can do to you if cash the check but it's not worth it finding out. I was thinking of contacting the NewYork Distrcit attorney but I'm not even sure if this legitamate company. Anyways,
    be very carefull and don't cash their. Check. Also the check looks like it has been printer on a inkjet printer with the signature that was printed.

Hopes this helps,

Lifewave Mike

Lifewave Mike -- if you got a $1400 check then you must of signed up with them to do a job ? .... did you actually do any work for the company ? or was this the " first " check and you are supposed to cash and wire them the difference .... The whole thing sounds to scary for me

Quote Originally Posted by ladystaraz
    Lifewave Mike -- if you got a $1400 check then you must of signed up with them to do a job ? .... did you actually do any work for the company ? or was this the " first " check and you are supposed to cash and wire them the difference .... The whole thing sounds to scary for me
    That's because it's a felony on all seven continents.

testing 123