+ Reply to Thread

Rename This Forum!

Let's call it SPAM.COM. LOL

Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Re: Rename This Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post

How long do you think the owner will leave it this way? He's always had moderators that would delete the spam and that luxury dwindled down to just me and now I've stopped.

Will he make changes or wait until Ad sense takes his ads and then do away with Scam.com. Wonder if he'll make this forum something other than the Scam topic.

His Interracial forum flopped and he hasn't shut it down yet.

I'm honestly surprised that adsense hasn't already disqualified SPAM.COM. And I believe with adsense, it's one strike and you're disqualified for good. No second chances.

Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Peggiesue, this forum is dying. I only drop by occasionally to see if there is any discussion going on but for the last few months, all I see is new spam. I don't know of there are any actual forum discussions going on anymore because every forum has been overrun by the spammers. Not sure if the forum owners makes real money by running this place but if it's part of his livelihood, then there's much to be worried about.

Joe

I kept the forum free of spam posts up until about three weeks ago when I decided the forum was doomed to fail if the owner wasn't going to be involved. He has control of the Admin Control panel and setting up this forum, only him.
    I deleted a little spam today and the moderating functions are screwed up. Too many problems to keep dedicating time to the forum if he isn't willing to fix any of the issues.

This forum has lost it's Ad Sense Ads before and got them back.

I have no idea how many ways the owner makes money off of this forum. Without members posting you wouldn't think anyone would be clicking on the ads. He wants the spam and the more the better, so my guess would be he makes money off of the spam some how.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post

Spam.com is taken. The original spam we all knew and loved.
    Lose a pound a day, every day. I personally lost 60 pounds in 60 days. My free 47 page PDF eBook explains how. CLICK HERE to read online, or download your free copy.

This forum has always had tons of spam posts and the moderators deleted the spam. On the old forum the spam posts didn't show up but they were there, modified and were deleted by the mods. Some showed up but most were hidden. With this new upgrade they all are showing up on the forum for members to see. Mods got tired of deleting spam and eventually decided no more but the owner has given no reason to think he would change the forum and not have spam posts.
    If the spam isn't deleted the forum will eventually fail. Other members a while back wanted to volunteer to moderate and said they would delete the spam but the owner didn't take them up on their offer.

It seems the number of spam posts increase with activity of posts on the forum. This means when I quit deleting spam at the beginning of the month the spam posts increased as the traffic on the forum increased from spam bot posts.

We'll see what happens now that we have another Mod willing to participate on the forum. I just take it day by day since I have no clue what the owner has in store. If I have the time, if the forum has enough activity and it seems worth my time I'll most likely keep deleting the spam just to keep Scam.com alive as long as we have Frank to help out. Like I said it's a day to day decision and how much time I decide I'm willing to give a forum that seems to be on it's way to failure.

It's always possible and has been for the last few years the owner will sell this forum and that's what I keep expecting to happen.

Who in their right ind would buy this forum when hardly anyone posts here and the place is overrun with spam?

Unless he wants to sell it for pennies.

This domain, if sold, could be used for whatever the buyer wants. I myself never have thought it would stay a chat forum called Scam.com.

Hey I had no idea real people were talking here. Wow

This domain, if sold, could be used for whatever the buyer wants. I myself never have thought it would stay a chat forum called Scam.com.
    Yes, I suppose the owner could get five bucks for it in it's current condition. LOL

*Bump*

Maybe crap.com might be more appropriate?

call it as :"SCAM.COM":

.[/QUOTE]

We have made HUUUUUUUUGE improvements the past few weeks. I hope its noticable and I am sorry it got out of control. Serious health issues, couldnt sit up for 2 months