+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Global Investment Group

Has anyone heard of this company. They offer loans. Wondering if they are legit.

Re: Global Investment Group

Don’t do it. They will tell you that you have been approved for X amount of money and all you have to do is send in the first 5 months payments. So I was desperate for a loan. They told me I was approved for $10,000. Which is what I was needing. So I went on ahead and sent them $1172. He told me that I would get the money in 24hrs. I had the paperwork and everything. So after I sent the money I called to ask them how I would receive the funds. He said by certified check FEDEX the next business day. So the next day comes and nothing. So I call. And I could never get ahold of the guy. So I spoke with someone different. And he tells me that I need to send another 4 months up front which was like $900+. I was like no I can’t do that. And he said well the lender wont give me the loan unless I pay more money. So I asked for a refund. He was like well its gonna take 30 days. So I went to see a lawyer and they said that I was never approved for the loan. After I paid the 1172 that’s when they started shopping for me a loan. And that there is nothing that I can do to get my money back faster. Yesterday was the 30 day mark. I called last week and they said that I should have my money today. We will see.
    Now I know to never do it again. You should never have to pay for a loan. If I had money to keep sending them, then I wouldn’t need a loan in the first place. And I was thinking to myself. I really don’t remember filling out an application with them.
    I was shopping around for a loan at the time and I was just caught up in the moment. But I have learned my lesson. Before I sign anything or send any money I will go see my lawyer first. And I will NEVER do business with a company that doesn’t have a local office to where I can go and talk to someone face to face. I hope this helps you and many others to come.

so did you get your money...they did the same to me but stupid me i need the money so i sent them everything i had and they told me that the lender pulled out of the agreement...but the thing was that i had to call them they never called me

if you would like we can work together to sue them... the guy i talked to was gordon and miller...

my mail hasnt ran today. when did you do this?
    has it been more than 30 days. they dont open for another
    5 minutes. so i am going to call once they open to see
    if they say that they had mailed it out or not.
    if they havent then i will be contacting my law office
    here. i am in the military so the lawyers is free.
    yea i spoke with riley gordon and kevin fischer.

I tell you I, this is a horrible thing to do to honest people who are trying to make a difference in their lives. I spoke to Riley and Kevin, I was going for a loan in the range of $250,000.00 I sent them 5 months of payments upfront. I was supposed to have it direct deposited into my account and to no avail it did not happen. This deposit was supposed to be done on Friday but Riley advised me that they were upgrading their system which is why the transfer was delayed. I sent in upwards of over $7000.00. I depleted my savings maxed out my credit card and took out a small loan with my credit union to fund the transaction. I tried to contact them on a local number there in Portland Oregon which is 503-356-2377 which seems to run to a residence not Global. I swear to God I am tempted to fly out there and meet them face to face. All I was trying to do is fund a Franchise here that would change my entire life for me and my family. Now I look to lose my family because of this my wife was against it from the start and now I am out over $7000.00 and no loan. I have all the paperwork that I was sent and it was signed by Brian Roberstson the CEO of the company. If anyone is going to sue them let me know because I will fully support you in a class action suit against them. I personally am going to contact the Attorney General in Oregon to get the ball rolling. I refuse to become a victim and just write off my hard earned money for this.

I'm dealing with the same issue. I am suppose to be receiving my refund check of nearly $1,000 tomorrow. They gave me the same run around, I spoke with Kevin Miller and Rylie Gordon. Another complaint I have about them, not only do I always have to call them, half the time I try, they are having some sort of phone problems and the call does not go through. I have not spoken with a lawyer yet, and I really hope it doesn't have to come to that.

FYI,
    To all who have given them your account #s for them to direct deposit, watch your account very closely, they may try to withdraw from the account, I also have a personal # that will not allow to leave a voice mail, the # is 416-305-6423. Has anyone tried to speak with someone else besides Kevin or Riley. When I sent my $ to them via MoneyGram, I had to address it to a woman.

I have been calling them all day. At first the voice operator would pick up and I would hit 1 to speak with customer service. Of course they were not available. Now when I call I just keep getting “Thank You, Goodbye”
    I am soooo upset. I am 23 years old and I am really struggling now. $1172 really hurt my pocket.
    I am ready to sue. What do we have to do to get started?

I am going through the same thing. I applied for a 5000.00 loan and was told I needed to pay the first four months which was 895.00, they then told me I needed to pay another 4 which I don't have. I spent my rent money to send that 895.00, because I thought I was going to have the money the next day, but because I didn't my rent check did not go through. I was told I would get my refund today, but I am at work all day so I don't know if it is going to come. I have been calling all day but I get that message just saying "Thank you, good bye" I need my money back because I now have to pay my rent which is late, and my car note, and I don't have the money. I wish I would have saw this before and I would have known not to do it, but I was really in need of the loan, and had been turned down everwhere else becasue of my credit. I am about to cry right now because I really need that money back. I have been trying to get back to their website, but I can't find it on the web. If anyone is going sue, I am with you, because if I don't get my money back I am sueing them. I will be taking off work tomorrow just to talk to a lawyer.

Ok all.......... I have been doing alot of investigating with this company because my story is just the same as yours. I am out to get all of OUR money back and then some but I can't do this alone I need your help to. We can do this so I don't want anyone to think it's over or they might as well just give up. Working together with several other agencies that I am getting into contact with we can find out where they are and who they really are. ALL CROOKS MAKE MISTAKES WE JUST HAVE TO FIND THE MISTAKES. Let me know what all of you think and how we can start comparing info....

^^^ Can I get your e-mail address? What agencies are you working, let me know who I can contact to be any help. I am not going to stop until I get my money back. Has anyone had any luck getting through on their phones?

I'm in. My email address is [email protected]
    I will be speaking with my lawyer sometime in the next couple of days
    to see what we can do.

The first thing that you can do is get in contact with the federal trade commission @ www.ftc.gov then click on file a report or call 1-877-FTC-HELP. The next thing you can do is to get on to phonebusters.com that is a joint task force between the U.S. and canada dealing with lender fee scams. Or you can call 1-888-945-8501 and explain to them what this company has done. We have to make sure we report this or all we are doing is letting these people get away with stealing our money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For those of you that used MoneyGram I have a few questions for you: For example where did you send the money to and did you keep the reciepts from MoneyGram? There is a number that you can call for MoneyGram that is 1-800-666-3947 and ask to talk to Scott in the scam department. I have talked to him and he can be a big help to us as long as everyone still has their reciept. What we have to do is to get a Search Warrant or a Supoena from the courts to get all the information that is in the file for the reciever. I was told that the majority of MoneyGram places will actually take a persons photo ID and make a copy of it. And for the places that do not hopefully they will have some kind of cameras in the store that we would be able to get a picture of the person getting the money. Mine was picked up in Toronto and I am working on getting the file from MoneyGram to keep moving foward. The people that I have talked to where Rylie Gordon and Bryan Coleman. And I to had to send the MoneyGram to a Female in Ontario Canada. Please no one give up we really need to stay together to give these people what they deserve. And get us what we really deserve for all the crap we had to put up with, both financially and emotionally. Obviously no of us could really afford to lose the amounts of money that we did or we would not of been looking for a loan.

I was also scammed by "global investments" I applied for a $6000.00 loan and was told I was approved so then they asked for $805 money gram to be sent... I really needed the loan so I sent it. Then they asked for more money so I sent that. Then they tell me that the lender pulled out! They told me that I would have my refund on 11-21-05 but I still have not recieved it! Im pretty sure they arent giving it back. I spoke to Riley Gordon about everything... I was scammed out of over $1600.00 and I need that money back. If anyone is taking any action please let me know so I can get in on it too and help anyone else that this has happened to!

I sent moneygram and i have my reciept and i have all the information. It was sent to Linda English in New Market Ontario Canada. I will try calling that number on the reciept when I get home from work to try and get this money back! I know that they ID when you pick those kind of things up and when i sent my moneygram at Wal-mart they told me that Linda English was in their system!

I also sent my moneygram to Ontario. To a Troy Luckett. My husband said that he saw something on the news about people sueing MoneyGram because they were helping businesses scam people out of their money. I dont know how true it is though. They should have a system to show it a business or name is Legit and should have some kind of information on them. I was supposed to get my "certified check" yesterday. Nothing. Still havent gotten in touch with them. I guess it looks like we are not going to get our money back. SO the only thing we can do is SUE! and hopefully other people will come to this website before dealing with them. I have my receipt from the money gram and I have the paperwork that was sent to me.
    Whatever we can get from these people is what I am after. And I also know, God will deal with them.
    Last edited by woodsbrison; 11-22-2005 at 05:17 PM.