+ Reply to Thread

Advice needed - money mule scam

I have been scammed for $1500 in a Job Scam in mid 2015 in Canada. It is a money forwarding scam. I applied for a job and I got a email money transfer for $1500 and I forwarded it to a country in Europe. My bank account got frozen and I repaid my own money to the bank within 2 days. I stopped communicating with them since then. Its been almost 10 months since this incident happened and I am still living with fear after reading all money mule stories in Internet and possible criminal charges. Nothing happened to me until know. But I just want to know if I am safe or not. I don't want to land in prison for my actions.
    Advice appreciated.

Re: Advice needed - money mule scam

Hello, could you please provide more details of your scam? how was the money transferred to you? (interac, bank transfer....etc) and how did you forward (bank transfer, WU...?)
    why did the bank freeze it? and how long after transferring did they freeze it? and why did you have to pay to bank? i believe something similar has happened to me... i got an interac transfer and I used WU to transfer the money outside (both in and out amount was the same... $2000). its been 2 days. please reply as i too don't want to end up bad.
    best regards,

Quote Originally Posted by nabondhara View Post
    I have been scammed for $1500 in a Job Scam in mid 2015 in Canada. It is a money forwarding scam. I applied for a job and I got a email money transfer for $1500 and I forwarded it to a country in Europe. My bank account got frozen and I repaid my own money to the bank within 2 days. I stopped communicating with them since then. Its been almost 10 months since this incident happened and I am still living with fear after reading all money mule stories in Internet and possible criminal charges. Nothing happened to me until know. But I just want to know if I am safe or not. I don't want to land in prison for my actions.
    Advice appreciated.