+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rule 21 Envoked

umdkook Guest

Re: Rule 21 Envoked

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    It is rather ludicrous to pretend that nothing was 'going on ' in Iraq vis-a-vis WMD...how fvcking stupid. The libs will select that which they like and reject that which they don't--even when it comes from the same source. So tell me again how the entire world was wrong...I can reprint what raider just posted and more...quotes from hundreds of foreign and domestic professionals all believing the same thing...but that does not matter to liberals. The truth does not matter to liberals. The fact that they have forgotten about Iraq and what it was sends a loud and clear message that they must not be allowed near the control room. They cannot and will not do what is required...clinton had five chances to do SOMETHING...he did nothing. That is the kind of 'protection' the American people could expect under a liberal 'leadership'...that is to say NONE. Not a thing. Here is something else that did not interest you then and it won't interest you now.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looting at Weapons Plants Was Systematic, Iraqi Says
    By James Glanz and William J. Broad
    The New York Times

Sunday 13 March 2005

Baghdad - In the weeks after Baghdad fell in April 2003, looters systematically dismantled and removed tons of machinery from Saddam Hussein's most important weapons installations, including some with high-precision equipment capable of making parts for nuclear arms, a senior Iraqi official said this week in the government's first extensive comments on the looting.

The Iraqi official, Sami al-Araji, the deputy minister of industry, said it appeared that a highly organized operation had pinpointed specific plants in search of valuable equipment, some of which could be used for both military and civilian applications, and carted the machinery away.

Dr. Araji said his account was based largely on observations by government employees and officials who either worked at the sites or lived near them.

"They came in with the cranes and the lorries, and they depleted the whole sites," Dr. Araji said. "They knew what they were doing; they knew what they want. This was sophisticated looting."

Dr. Araji's statements came just a week after a United Nations agency disclosed that approximately 90 important sites in Iraq had been looted or razed in that period.

Satellite imagery analyzed by two United Nations groups - the International Atomic Energy Agency and the Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission, or Unmovic - confirms that some of the sites identified by Dr. Araji appear to be totally or partly stripped, senior officials at those agencies said. Those officials said they could not comment on all of Dr. Araji's assertions, because the groups had been barred from Iraq since the invasion.

For nearly a year, the two agencies have sent regular reports to the United Nations Security Council detailing evidence of the dismantlement of Iraqi military installations and, in a few cases, the movement of Iraqi gear to other countries. In addition, a report issued last October by the chief American arms inspector in Iraq, Charles A. Duelfer, told of evidence of looting at crucial sites.

http://www.truthout.org/cgi-bin/artm...ew.cgi/37/9598
    no one has forgotten about Iraq, its human nature to have a short memory, especially when teh only important news out of Iraq is our soldiers dying.

what more do you care that goes on there?? how the oil business is doing?? if Fallujah got their water sydstem back online??

no one "forgot", its just not important anymore, or really ever was until Bush rammed it down our throats to make us think it was important.

if its about WMD's and we shoulda been scared, where are they at?? if it was about defending UN resolutions, as it should have been, then it matters, but Bush didnt play it on that angle. blame him, liberals.

realy u shouldnt blame anyone, but thats not what people do on Scam.com, teh blame game is top priority.

tommywho70x Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Connecticut Victim
    LOL... the "fat lady" I, and the majority of this country, are hearing is warming up with a much sweeter tune that the one you are hoping for, my friend.. :eek: :p

HEY tommy.... you're the music buff here.... NAME THAT TUNE!! What song will the fat lady be singing for us??? ;) :D
    i do believe that the expression comes from Wagner's "Ring of the Nibelungen" and refers to the soprano who was dressed like a Valkyrie and was usually up over 200 lbs singing the closing aria to the cycle of operas that takes something like 17 hours to perform.

Some possibilities:

The Star-Spangled Banana
    My Country Schiz of Thee
    Inhale to the Chief
    Washington Post Starch
    Inka-Dinka-Do
    She Got Down on the Dock and He Went Off In His Uniform
    How Can You Say You Love Me When You Know You've Been A Liar All Your Life

My end-of-the-world fantasy is of the YHVH's 'Mother Ship' coming in close and hovering while "The Heavenly Host" comes flying out as a giant orchestra bringing with them all of our lost rock stars and Janis Joplin doing "Mercedes Benz".

If I were to pick something for the fat lady it would be "Suicide Is Painless" (Johnny Mandel) AKA "The M*A*S*H Theme". Most people aren't even aware that there are lyrics to the tune, so if umdkook doesn't mind, i'll copy them below for you all to enjoy and, i hope, meditate a little bit on.

Music by Johnny Mandel Lyrics by Mike Altman

As well as the original movie soundtrack other versions of the song have been released. These include:

SOUND TRACKS - Joe Locke
    Milestone - MCD 9271

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guitar Tab for "Suicide is Painless"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lyrics to the song 'Suicide is Painless'

Through early morning fog I see

visions of the things to be

the pains that are withheld for me

I realize and I can see...

[REFRAIN]:

that suicide is painless

It brings on many changes

and I can take or leave it if I please.

I try to find a way to make

all our little joys relate

without that ever-present hate

but now I know that it's too late, and...

[REFRAIN]

The game of life is hard to play

I'm gonna lose it anyway

The losing card I'll someday lay

so this is all I have to say.

[REFRAIN]

The only way to win is cheat

And lay it down before I'm beat

and to another give my seat

for that's the only painless feat.

[REFRAIN]

The sword of time will pierce our skins

It doesn't hurt when it begins

But as it works its way on in

The pain grows stronger...watch it grin, but...

[REFRAIN]

A brave man once requested me

to answer questions that are key

is it to be or not to be

and I replied 'oh why ask me?'

[REFRAIN]

'Cause suicide is painless

it brings on many changes

...and you can do the same thing if you please.

"MASH" TM and (or copyright) Fox and its related entities.
    All rights reserved. Any reproduction, duplication or distribution
    of these materials in any form is expressly prohibited
    This web site, its operators and any content on this site
    relating to "MASH" are not authorized by Fox

Quote Originally Posted by umdkook
    no one has forgotten about Iraq, its human nature to have a short memory, especially when teh only important news out of Iraq is our soldiers dying.

what more do you care that goes on there?? how the oil business is doing?? if Fallujah got their water sydstem back online??

no one "forgot", its just not important anymore, or really ever was until Bush rammed it down our throats to make us think it was important.

if its about WMD's and we shoulda been scared, where are they at?? if it was about defending UN resolutions, as it should have been, then it matters, but Bush didnt play it on that angle. blame him, liberals.

realy u shouldnt blame anyone, but thats not what people do on Scam.com, teh blame game is top priority.

NO. It is important to continue to keep bringing up Iraq...liberals have decided that we 'can't handle' certain truths...we can't handle the sight of Americans jumping to their deaths from the Towers, we can't handle video of beheadings and other atrocities of our enemies, but we CAN handle some girl
    with some terrorist on a leash...a thousand times. We can handle anything that is anti-American-soldier, but we can't handle anything that is anti-the- fvcking-ENEMY.

There is a reason that people don't realize there are lyrics to that song...it is because it is new-age gibberish. I have played the song many times live and I love it...it is a beautiful timeless melody with nice lyrics that fit...period.
    Last edited by pwrone; 11-02-2005 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho70x
    If I were to pick something for the fat lady it would be "Suicide Is Painless" (Johnny Mandel) AKA "The M*A*S*H Theme". Most people aren't even aware that there are lyrics to the tune, so if umdkook doesn't mind, i'll copy them below for you all to enjoy and, i hope, meditate a little bit on.

Music by Johnny Mandel Lyrics by Mike Altman

As well as the original movie soundtrack other versions of the song have been released. These include:

SOUND TRACKS - Joe Locke
    Milestone - MCD 9271

Guitar Tab for "Suicide is Painless"

Lyrics to the song 'Suicide is Painless'

Through early morning fog I see

visions of the things to be

the pains that are withheld for me

I realize and I can see...

[REFRAIN]:

that suicide is painless

It brings on many changes

I try to find a way to make

all our little joys relate

without that ever-present hate

but now I know that it's too late, and...

[REFRAIN]

The game of life is hard to play

I'm gonna lose it anyway

The losing card I'll someday lay

so this is all I have to say.

[REFRAIN]

The only way to win is cheat

And lay it down before I'm beat

and to another give my seat

for that's the only painless feat.

[REFRAIN]

The sword of time will pierce our skins

It doesn't hurt when it begins

But as it works its way on in

The pain grows stronger...watch it grin, but...

[REFRAIN]

A brave man once requested me

to answer questions that are key

is it to be or not to be

and I replied 'oh why ask me?'

[REFRAIN]

'Cause suicide is painless

it brings on many changes

...and you can do the same thing if you please.
    Wow... EXCELLENT CHOICE there tommy... ;)

I was really only messin' around with pwrone - but you have produced a very thought provoking lyric here... thank you! :)

By the way... I, for one, had NO IDEA there were lyrics to M*A*S*H theme - I didn't even know this was the name of the song!

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

[QUOTE=tommywho70x]
    My end-of-the-world fantasy is of the YHVH's 'Mother Ship' coming in close and hovering while "The Heavenly Host" comes flying out as a giant orchestra bringing with them all of our lost rock stars and Janis Joplin doing "Mercedes Benz".

Great shades of Ezekiel and the Shekinah! :eek:

You have said a mouthful here umdkook... I find it difficult to really care about the people in Iraq very much beyond the killing of the innocent - That's wrong; whether it's Saddam doing it, or they become casualties of this war - dead is dead. But I don't think our American soldiers lives are worth what is happening over there. We should be more concerned about our own American citizens than we are about the Iraqis... or anyone else, for that matter. Is that selfish?... YEP. But, oh well... that's the way I feel about it. And in my mind, every soldier that we lose in this war, is more blood on Bush's hands. You think we SHOULDN'T blame him?? - sorry... that's NOT even REMOTELY possible around here!

So what you are saying is we shouldn't really care about anything. And we shouldn't blame anyone. Okay...

Im sure that's not what you think, but that sure seems to be what you are saying here. I disagree that what was going on in Iraq was unimportant, even before it was spun to invade the country.

Saddam is better off gone. I don't dispute that idea, but that isn't why we invaded according to Colin Powell and the Bush administration. The fact that NO TRACE of weapons of any significant amounts have been found is very disconcerting since that's the threat we invaded to neutralize. We can conject that 'we know he had them' all we want, but it turns out they are not there to be found.

Now if we had stuck with the UN perhaps with our forceful leadership (Bushies) we could have pursued a more forceful strategy that would accomplished the same goal as the administration is now clinging to as its justification for our occupation. Saddam is gone, democracy is in its infancy in Iraq, but since we didn't play nice in the sandbox, we are essentially stuck there to peacekeep alone. Much to the peril of our own people. That just sucks if you ask me, and it could have been avoided.

Now back to the subject of this thread... maybe this was a 'stunt' by Democrats, as Roberts keeps crowing over an over everytime he opens his mouth. But it worked to get the focus back on the issue. And hopefully that's where people will continue to look and question, and not just blindly swallow what the administration keeps telling us. I don't believe our administration is credible based on the mistakes it has already made. I wish there was a non-partisan investigation going on, but that wasn't allowed. Makes you wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by Connecticut Victim
    Wow... EXCELLENT CHOICE there tommy... ;)

I was really only messin' around with pwrone - but you have produced a very thought provoking lyric here... thank you! :)

By the way... I, for one, had NO IDEA there were lyrics to M*A*S*H theme - I didn't even know this was the name of the song!
    Ooooooo... you need to see the original movie!!! The TV show was crap... the movie is brutally witty, irreverent, bawdy.
    trivia... the ONLY character to reprise his role, from the movie, on TV was 'Radar'.

cheers,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by HG_1301
    So what you are saying is we shouldn't really care about anything. And we shouldn't blame anyone. Okay...

Im sure that's not what you think, but that sure seems to be what you are saying here. I disagree that what was going on in Iraq was unimportant, even before it was spun to invade the country.

Saddam is better off gone. I don't dispute that idea, but that isn't why we invaded according to Colin Powell and the Bush administration. The fact that NO TRACE of weapons of any significant amounts have been found is very disconcerting since that's the threat we invaded to neutralize. We can conject that 'we know he had them' all we want, but it turns out they are not there to be found.

Now if we had stuck with the UN perhaps with our forceful leadership (Bushies) we could have pursued a more forceful strategy that would accomplished the same goal as the administration is now clinging to as its justification for our occupation. Saddam is gone, democracy is in its infancy in Iraq, but since we didn't play nice in the sandbox, we are essentially stuck there to peacekeep alone. Much to the peril of our own people. That just sucks if you ask me, and it could have been avoided.

Now back to the subject of this thread... maybe this was a 'stunt' by Democrats, as Roberts keeps crowing over an over everytime he opens his mouth. But it worked to get the focus back on the issue. And hopefully that's where people will continue to look and question, and not just blindly swallow what the administration keeps telling us. I don't believe our administration is credible based on the mistakes it has already made. I wish there was a non-partisan investigation going on, but that wasn't allowed. Makes you wonder why.
    Roberts is pissed because he was ambushed and accused of being slack by these people with whom he was supposed to be working. The reason it was a 'stunt' is because there was no actual objective. Nothing changed...the timetable, already agreed upon, did not change. It was just an opportunity for these vermin to demonstrate why they cannot be worked with, cannot be trusted and that their only goal is to undermine any kind of progress.

Ted Kennedy September 27th, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."

Jay Rockefeller October 10th, 2002

"There was unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years. We also should remember that we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."

Al Gore, September 23rd, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter, and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    Roberts is pissed because he was ambushed and accused of being slack by these people with whom he was supposed to be working. The reason it was a 'stunt' is because there was no actual objective. Nothing changed...the timetable, already agreed upon, did not change. It was just an opportunity for these vermin to demonstrate why they cannot be worked with, cannot be trusted and that their only goal is to undermine any kind of progress.

Ted Kennedy September 27th, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."

Jay Rockefeller October 10th, 2002

"There was unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years. We also should remember that we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."

Al Gore, September 23rd, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter, and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
    Im assuming these are all quotes made by Democratic figures in politics, AFTER the pitch by Colin Powell? The dates would seem to infer that they were made after the measure was signed by Congress to allow Bush to invade Iraq. I don't get the point of posting these quotes... I agree that Congress must have believed the speach, as did many Americans, since they signed the bill. Now they think it was a MISTAKE, I'm sure. I'd like to know how this mistake was made and why.

Here is your truth on phase 2 of the report and the special session that was called:

Chairman Roberts Issues Statement on Phase II of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence's Review of Pre-war Intelligence on Iraq

WASHINGTON, DC – U.S. Senator Pat Roberts, Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence today released the following statement: “The Democrats have said that today’s antics were all about whether the public statements of U.S. officials before the war concerning Iraq were substantiated by the intelligence. This is not the case,” Roberts said, “Today’s stunt is because the special counsel in the Plame investigation has not delivered their desired result. We now see the lengths Democrats will resort to in order to obtain relevancy.

“I can assure the American people that the Senate Intelligence Committee has been working on Phase II since February 12, 2004. Our work on public statements has long since been completed by the Committee’s staff and I attempted to present it to our members in a Committee business meeting back on May 17, 2005. All that needs to be done now is for members to look at the statements, look at the intelligence and decide whether the statements were substantiated by the intelligence available at the time.

“At the May 17 meeting, I made a number of attempts to begin evaluating nearly 500 statements made by Administration officials and Members of Congress, over 300 of which were provided by the Democrats. My friends across the aisle wouldn’t even let me get past the first statement. When they learned that I didn’t intend to identify the speakers in an effort to remove partisan bias, they wanted to talk about everything but public statements.

“You can reach your own conclusions on why the Committee’s Democrats didn’t want to proceed. I hope they weren’t trying to manipulate or misuse the information to reach a predetermined conclusion. As of today, the Vice Chairman’s position is that the members will not do this work. I believe this is not something that should be delegated to staff.

“My hope is that the Democrats will finally sit down to do this very important work. Unfortunately, rather than working in a bipartisan manner to vote out a report on this issue, they obstructed our work back on May 17, 2005, and now, in an act of profound irony, they are engaging in a petty public stunt to attack me for not completing our work on Phase II. Truly amazing, especially since just yesterday we informed Democratic staff that I wanted to conclude our work. If my Democrat friends spent more time working on Phase II and less time grandstanding, we may actually get this done.”

The whole thing was just another case of democratic grandstanding. They are virtually dead in the water and this was their last horrah.

tommywho70x Guest

Grim, so nice to see you and your version of "THE TRUTH about:blank:___________"

The Pro-War team needs your help on this thread: http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=6920

The Anti-War team would love for you to treat us to some fresh false canon fodder.

I will stick to the fact based truth... As usual.

Have a nice day :)