+ Reply to Thread

Thread: trainus.com

trainus.com

I responded to an ad online looking for recruiters to this school, and got called from someone today asking for an interview. The only slot that was available was during my work hours, and though I'm only temping, I told her I could not break my commitment. I just started at the site and I may want to stay on if they ask me and didn't want to burn that bridge. I was feeling bad because the ad said starting at $50,000/yr(!), so to alleviate my disappointment I decided to go hunting for dirt on the company. Too good to be true? It's looking like it. But could be wishfull thinking. On their website it says they've been around for 25 years. Seems unlikely. (I don't know if there's a way to tell how long a site has been up?) But when I googled "Computer Institute Online" it only brought up 5 pages and most of them were search results from those annoying ad engines. Not a singe reference to them in any real world context. When you click on the classes to register, you can put them in your shopping cart for upwards of $3,000 a CLASS. For an institute no one's ever heard of, seems a TAD high wouldn't you say. When all you really need to do is take a test to be certified? One was over 5,000. So I'm thinkin scam? What do the experts think?

Re: trainus.com

uh yeah that "613" results is more like 61 if you go through the pages, and it looks like a whole lot of nothing to me. I don't appreciate your quick judgement.

Well, if you do not appreciate my spending a few minutes of my expert time to give you this valuable lesson in 2 links and 2 words only.... u failed again.

Knock knock. **** YOU.

They do look like they are fake. There are some good online Universities, and they don't charge that kind of money for one class.

Another resource you could use is the Better Business Bureau. They might have some information. You can also check the secretary of state of the state they are located in to see if they even have their name registered that way. If they truly are legitimate, they will be registered as a real business somewhere.

Ysne

* Deep sigh*

Oke, excuse me for being a bit rude here, but you both are obviously such morons you need things completely spelled out for you because you are either too stupid or too lazy to read.

So, once again:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22trainus.com+
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...s.com%22+scam+

First: over a thousand search results
    Second, adding the word scam: only five results, none of them indicating that trainus.com is a scam

If it was a scam, be assured there would be definitely be something written about it on the web, but it's not.

Then, ultimately, on Google results page one you'll find this link leading us to a page on the site of Maryland Higher Education Commission!
    http://www.mhec.state.md.us/career/W...asp?ctyCC=MD16

Nuff said?

Just because it appears on a government web site doesn't mean its real.

The Better Business Bureau has been around for a very long time. And don't assume that something is not a scam if there isn't anything you can find on the web about it.

If a business is real it will be registered somewhere as a business. That advise to contact the state secretary of state was accurate advice. Not all information is on the web.

There is no need to be rude in your posts either. I hope your posts get removed because personal attacks and insults are not proper.

And by the way, if you actually look at that Maryland site, you probably won't find trainus there, I didn't after 15 minutes of looking, it certainly isn't one of their authorized trainers.
    Last edited by Ysne58; 11-02-2005 at 12:39 AM. Reason: adding information

We have an old proverb by philosopher D. Nek: "Tegen zoveel domheid kan geen mens op."
    Goodnight.

trainus.com is the web site for a training school called Computer Institute. It's primary owner is a corporation that has been in existence since 1987. Both are registered with the state of Maryland.

It appears to have very few students and its classes are very pricey. The reason I couldn't find it the first time I looked at the higher education site was because aol was having a meltdown of some kind and not loading properly. And Mozilla and IE weren't loading properly either, dial up is soooooooo much fun.

Beyond that I don't know whether its a scam or not.

testing 123