+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Stand and State Your Religion" BANG, BANG!

Now let's hear from the idiot Leftists who will explain that this is a religion of peace. And Christians are JUST AS BAD.

Idiots!

I lay all these murders on Obama (and the idiots here who cover for him). and his love affair with these animals

The shooter at Umpqua Community College on Thursday asked people to state their religion and then started firing, one student said.
    Kortney Moore, an 18-year-old, told the News Review she was sitting in her writing class when a bullet blasted through the window. She saw her teacher shot in the head then noticed that the shooter was in the classroom.
    Moore said the shooter told people to get on the ground. He then asked people to stand up and state their religion but started firing anywhere. She was on the ground next to people who'd been shot.
    At least 13 people have been killed, according to several sources.

Re: "Stand and State Your Religion" BANG, BANG!

"They should BAN GUNS on school grounds" says the pinhead Libtard (you know who you are -- Tommy, Tulip, the Canadian). :yelcutelaughA:

The school, established in 1964 roughly 180 miles south of Portland, has 3,300 full-time students and 16,000 part-time students, NBC News reported. It has also been designated a gun-free zone."Possession, use, or threatened use of firearms (including but not limited to BB guns, air guns, water pistols, and paint guns) ammunition, explosives, dangerous chemicals, or any other objects as weapons on college property, except as expressly authorized by law or college regulations, is prohibited," CBS Seattle reported.
    Former Umpqua Community College president Joe Olson, who retired in June, told KATU there is only one unarmed security officer on duty.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlinAnnArbor View Post
    Now let's hear from the idiot Leftists who will explain that this is a religion of peace. And Christians are JUST AS BAD.

Idiots!

I lay all these murders on Obama (and the idiots here who cover for him). and his love affair with these animals
    funny thing carl is he is WHITE and his internet messages give no clue about any religion!? besides maybe he just HATES RELIGION or something SILLY like that, fits the STORY better dont ya think!? here's a clue, some of you guys are ALRIGHT!? i think you JUMPED the gun AGAIN carl!? :bah:ing1::crazy1::elvis:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

BBC;
    Police have not officially named the attacker but US media are reporting that his name is Chris Harper Mercer.
    The ID of the shooter has not as yet been confirmed.

This link at heavy.com is providing what they claim is information about this individual from various sources, FaceBook, Twitter, some dating profiles, and such.

For example;

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

CNN is now reporting;
    Multiple law enforcement officials familiar with the investigation identified the gunman as 26-year-old Chris Harper Mercer. Investigators have interviewed members of his family and friends, they said.
    It appears that CBS News first reported his name about 1-2 hours ago;
    Hanlin declined to release the name of the shooter or any of the victims. But two law enforcement sources tell CBS News the shooter has been identified as 26-year-old Chris Harper Mercer.
    Hanlin is the Douglas County Sheriff.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

This individual is exactly the same mentally ill GOD HATERS (specifically CHRIST HATERS) who haunt this very forum. Spcifically the likes of Gaza, Tommy, Ohein and a few other mentally ill souls. We are entering dark times,

Here's a question for Tulip, the deep thinker:

Ever hear of a mass shooting on a gun range?

i think carl has lost his mind....oh wait....we knew that already!? you know if you've ever worked LIVED with the mentally ILL you get to know alot about MIND!? sure its about good and evil as they are called....the thing is once a primary circuit of perception in the mind once FIXED in personality it is not easily changed!? and using FORCEFUL means to attempt this does NOT ever work unless ACCOMPANIED by NEW and HELPFUL guidance!? FORCE is a TOOL and NOT a SOLUTION!? the solution is VOLUNTARY change of MIND!? force,reason and example are the tools that must be combined to effect such change!? and of course UNconditional LOVE must be the UNDERLYING cause of such ACTIONING!? : :angel: :smurf: :elvis:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

ok so the 2 main points of PREVENTION are make firearms HARDER to GET and limit personal FIREPOWER and the other is anyone and everyone should be armed to the teeth and live in fear!? there's problem for CONGRESS to SOLVE!? i mean you know since RELIGION is failing to keep people "IN LINE" with KIND words!? and HEY that reminds me about carls BANG BANG remark!? stop or we'll SHOOT!? sound familiar!? dont MOVE or we'll SHOOT!? raise your hands or we'll SHOOT!? drop to the ground or we'll SHOOT!? i know i heard that stuff somewhere before!? :errr::rotz::bah::freak3:

Reverend Kane: This individual is exactly the same mentally ill GOD HATERS (specifically CHRIST HATERS) who haunt this very forum. Spcifically the likes of Gaza, Tommy, Ohein and a few other mentally ill souls. We are entering dark times,

Christ my ass. If you actually followed your Jewish Zombie teachings you would be in the hood feeding the poor black people instead of your dreams of shooting them.

Before we 'over-think' this... there are numerous shootings, mass-shootings and threats of mass-shootings every day. We're a large country... 300+ million people. All of these incidents make the national wire-services, but only a handful merit national attention. Why? The most likely reason would be their 'salability'... How easily can the media sell this to the country as a factor to support the enacting of even more gun laws... because everyone knows that the way to fix a problem is to pass a law, right?
    Suppose Oregon does pass more stringent gun laws, fine. John Doe buys a shit-load of guns under the new laws and 5 years later goes bat-shit crazy & goes on a shooting spree. Was the problem fixed? More stringent laws were passed... that should have fixed the problem... right? So... what went wrong five years after the fact that enabled 'John Doe' to go on a shooting spree? Inappropriate laws? Not enough laws? Or the failure of an individual to get mental help when he needed it the most?

OK......……heres a question…...how do you KNOW when your menntaly ILL!? Is anybody who wants Muslims DEAD mentally ILL!? I feel like breaking the rules…....am I mentally ILL!? I want something I can't afford......am I mentally ILL!? Young girls can be attractive to me..........am I legally ILL!? I don't like health food....am I mentally ILL!? Etc......and furthermore is it mentally healthful to question your own MIND!? Take war for example, is it easier to kill an enemy if you hate them!? Is it easier to kill in self defense!? Is it easy to kill if you feel threatened!? If someone is trying to steal your stuff is ok to kill them!? If someone or something trying to coerce you into something you don't feel good about can you kill them!? If anything bothers you enough do you have the right to take a life!? If anyone you object to deserves death if you were them would you kill yourself!? Can we just define mental illness as NOT caring!? Or caring about something MORE than LIFE itself!? So we have the issue of JUSTIFICATION!? Who or what decides justification!? Can rules or laws be ultimately just!? :bah::rotz::spin2::judges:

[/quote]Before we 'over-think' this... there are numerous shootings, mass-shootings and threats of mass-shootings every day. We're a large country... 300+ million people. All of these incidents make the national wire-services, but only a handful merit national attention. Why? The most likely reason would be their 'salability'... How easily can the media sell this to the country as a factor to support the enacting of even more gun laws... because everyone knows that the way to fix a problem is to pass a law, right?
    Suppose Oregon does pass more stringent gun laws, fine. John Doe buys a shit-load of guns under the new laws and 5 years later goes bat-shit crazy & goes on a shooting spree. Was the problem fixed? More stringent laws were passed... that should have fixed the problem... right? So... what went wrong five years after the fact that enabled 'John Doe' to go on a shooting spree? Inappropriate laws? Not enough laws? Or the failure of an individual to get mental help when he needed it the most?[/quote]

PaulM this is a fair point. Except there is one error in your logic.

This has already been done by dozens of other countries and it actually worked. Either that or American's are just terrible violent and incompetent people. I prefer to think that it is smart policy and not people.

Also you are 100% right about salabllity. the hard reality is that you can't stop the mentally mass shooter from harming people.
    However, what you can do is lower the damage. Smaller clip sizes, longer reload times, more opportunity to be taken out.
    Make it harder to get powerful weapons. Let them cool there heals with wait times and forms instead of marching over to Walmart to purchase the biggest gun they can find. Let them try to take out a room of people with a six shooter before they are tackled to the ground.

However, more importantly, it will have an effect on the thousands of other people who die every year not in a mass shooting but from regular street violence.

Also it's all well and good to say the mentally ill should get help. However, they are not getting help, and the American medical system has no intention of ever offering them easily accessible affordable help. Unless of course you plan to adopt a socialized medical system any time soon? So blaming it on another problem that people have no intention of doing anything about and have even less control over doesn't do much either.

Also mass shootings are just spikes in the violence. They are salable, they are news. Unlike the thousands of other people who die every day who never got noticed but could have been helped if there boyfriend with multiple restraining orders didn't have the "right" to buy a gun.

That all being said.

If you want a real solution, one that will actually target the mass shooters, cut them out cold.

enact laws that require the media to stop reporting to this person by name, or any nick name.

Once they are caught, shot or dead. the news should report it as "A 25 year old Male" or "Some Self-righteous moron"

Take away there 15mineuts of fame. These are people who want to go out with a bang, They want the world to remember them.

Take that away. don't give it to them. Let them become a nameless, faceless loser who shot up a bunch of innocent people, instead of the celebrity of the hour.

here's a DEEP thought if you live in a free country you should be able to have a gun and kill anybody you choose!? the flipside being in a truly free country that thought should never cross your mind or if it did you would dismiss it!? :elvis::2gunsfiring_v1::chicken::smurf:

Aren't more people dying from using narcotic pain meds here in America then from gun violence, oh and toss in car wrecks too. Your chances of being killed by an over dose of prescription medicine or a car wreck is much greater then getting shot by a mass shooter. Get armed security in our schools, metal detectors and bulletproof glass, locked doors and one entrance in and out during school hours.

isn't that blaming the Victim?
    We require professional evaluations, screening, and frequent requirements for refiles for drugs.
    You are required to pass a test, purchase insurance, and get renew your licence, and that licence can be taken away for Cars.

but for guns the US does none of that.

It's not that maybe the guys licences to own a gun should be taken away well before it was a problem. Like we do for people with poor driving. It's not that there insurance company is going to charge them larger and larger premiums till it becomes to expensive to use after there misuse or risk factors. It's not the gun owner that has to change his life, or show responsibility.

It's that everyone else, must change there lives, that they have to live behind bullet proof glass, locked in a building and some how it's now there fault for not living like a prisoner or not carrying a weapon on there daily trip to star bucks.

Maybe there should be a high powered weapon tax? How about insurance? to pay for the all the measures that everyone else has to take and how there rights are being violated by being locked in building.

In canada you can by Codeine OTC

Quote Originally Posted by Spector
    PaulM this is a fair point. Except there is one error in your logic.

This has already been done by dozens of other countries and it actually worked. Either that or American's are just terrible violent and incompetent people. I prefer to think that it is smart policy and not people.

Also you are 100% right about salabllity. the hard reality is that you can't stop the mentally mass shooter from harming people.
    However, what you can do is lower the damage. Smaller clip sizes, longer reload times, more opportunity to be taken out.
    Make it harder to get powerful weapons. Let them cool there heals with wait times and forms instead of marching over to Walmart to purchase the biggest gun they can find. Let them try to take out a room of people with a six shooter before they are tackled to the ground.

However, more importantly, it will have an effect on the thousands of other people who die every year not in a mass shooting but from regular street violence.

Also it's all well and good to say the mentally ill should get help. However, they are not getting help, and the American medical system has no intention of ever offering them easily accessible affordable help. Unless of course you plan to adopt a socialized medical system any time soon? So blaming it on another problem that people have no intention of doing anything about and have even less control over doesn't do much either.

Also mass shootings are just spikes in the violence. They are salable, they are news. Unlike the thousands of other people who die every day who never got noticed but could have been helped if there boyfriend with multiple restraining orders didn't have the "right" to buy a gun.

That all being said.

If you want a real solution, one that will actually target the mass shooters, cut them out cold.

enact laws that require the media to stop reporting to this person by name, or any nick name.

Once they are caught, shot or dead. the news should report it as "A 25 year old Male" or "Some Self-righteous moron"

Take away there 15mineuts of fame. These are people who want to go out with a bang, They want the world to remember them.

Take that away. don't give it to them. Let them become a nameless, faceless loser who shot up a bunch of innocent people, instead of the celebrity of the hour.

I agree. My post was intended to 'stir the pot' and get people talking... which it has. :) Absolutely... laws alone will not fix the problem. Australia has an excellent program, but I'm afraid it wouldn't gain any traction here due to 2nd Amendment issues that would, no doubt, be brought up. However, there must be a compromise in there somewhere where we can get a handle on this. As I've tried explaining to some folks... it's not the career criminal we have to worry about. It's the 'law-abiding' citizen who takes a tumble off the deep end and decides to shoot up a McDonalds for having cold fries. Waiting periods, background checks and actually banning for private ownership certain firearms will have to be taken into account and addressed. This has to be a 'best effort' to keep the nutbags from legally buying firearms. An AR15 is not a hunting rifle and for 'home/personal defense' it is all but useless. It is salable... people want to buy it. That's it. An individual wrapping themself in the flag while shouting 'This in 'Merica & I have a right to own this!' is bullshit.

Sorry for rambling...

and yes... NO PUBLICITY! Let them die an anonymous death. No fan-fare. The media will cry that the public 'has the right to know', but that's just a smoke-screen. It's about ratings and we know it, but do nothing about it because they're, for the most part, privately owned and use the ratings to draw revenue... smh.