+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

survey scout? scam?

Anyone be a member of Survey Scout? Already paid by them?
    Are they legit?

Re: Survey Scout?

Legit, but nowadays a crap amount of surveys monthly (expect 2 or less every month). Back 1+ year ago they were higher quality, now it's all about referring new suckers to the program and taking the affiliate commission.

Yes, they pay but it'll take months since they've became weaker. I'd say don't bother with them.

-Lance

Re: Survey Scout?

I average 2 a month - usually one for $50 and one for $25. Not bad for a half hour's effort and they do pay without you chasing them down.

survey scout? scam?

I've seen a lot of good things about survey scout...but being the skeptik that I am, I think it is too a scam...I don't believe in any of these paid to read suveys sites, but has anyone actually done Survey Scout?

thanks

Re: survey scout? scam?

Survey scout will let you pay them to send you a list of survey sites. They include valid sites and not so valid sites. You can make some extra cash taking surveys but you won't make a living and it takes some time to build your reputation to the point that you get good paying cash surveys. You will hear lots of people tell you how they signed up for surveys and only were offered surveys that entered them in drawings. You have to take these surveys which are actually screeners. Once you make it through the screener if your demographics are what they want you will then be offered the study which will either get you a product test, money or both. Typically the sites that offer a free ipod or a $500 shopping spree, etc are not worth your time. I have been taking surveys for a couple of years and love it. Somedays I make $5, somedays I make nothing, other days I make $50. You must do it for fun and the little bit extra money or you won't be happy. Don't waste your money paying for a list. I have a free list at my website which you can find through my profile. (apparently this is okay from other posts I have been reading scambuster?) If its not okay please don't ban me. :)

If you have other questions about surveys or mystery shopping just let me know!

Connie

Has any tried survey scout before?

Has any tried survey scout before?

Re: Has any tried survey scout before?

I have tried survey scout. For about two months now and I have yet to see any money. I have registered with over 100 sites to receive surveys and I have completed a lot of them, but most of them have been for prize drawings and I have not received any money. They say it will take a while but I don't believe them. I do receive a lot of invites to perform surveys from them but I have given up on trying to find surveys that pay actual cash. Good luck if you try it.

dc1576 Guest

Never tried survey scout. I'm a big believer in not paying anyone for a list. I've given the $35 bucks and have regretted it. Three sites that I have been using for the past three years can be found here: http://jpcservicesinc.com/page5.html I have never given anyone of them a single cent and get checks every month.

As stated before, most of them are for entries in drawings. The ones that actually do pay you only pay you about $0.06 per survey and overload your inbox with spam. If you would like the names of some survey places that pay pm me and i will give them to you but they don't pay real well.

happygal Guest

Hi all. Great to find this site. Survey Scout is indeed a waste of time. I do a whole lot of surveying and have whittled my list of ones I bother with down to about 15 that actually pay me. But bottom line rule of thumb is NEVER pay to be given a survey list.

There is a free list on my website which can be found through my profile. I too paid for the list originally and felt pretty silly afterwards. So I started my own list. It does not include the email harversters and the spammers etc. We also have a message board with a lot of survey takers who are upfront and honest. Feel free to use the list that's why it is there!

I have fallen prey to survey scout. The fact that I paid for a list was probably stupid on my part, but I have never done this before. I was mislead and told I had 90 days to cancel my membership, and was just told when I went to cancel I only had 56. When I was actually on the site, I was never told of any time limit to cancel. I was unable to get on line after hurricane Wilma to cancel within the time limit and now they still wont do anything for me. I have never seen a dime from them and am now out the registration fee. The worst part is, I was so mislead into thinking I could make a ton of money that I encouraged a friend who was very short on cash and in desperate need of extra money to join and she was so upset about losing her money that she really couldn't afford to lose, that she no longer speaks to me. BEWARE OF THE SURVEY SCOUT SCAM!

Don't feel too bad, I fell for it too. My wife and I were looking for something she could do to earn some extra money on the side and it sounded like this could be quicker than starting up an MLM. So we paid the fee and set off. We regret the decision as well.

One thing I will point out that I noticed is how much personal info a person has to give in order to register with each survey company. We looked at a bunch, but only signed up with three. No more revealing our info I think. There is probably a reason for that. Someone ,somewhere collecting info on many people. Free club points cards are like that as well. Then, companies can tell what your buying habits are and have a good idea of what you will buy if they try selling you stuff. Maybe this survey scam is just that. A scam to get your private info without anyone thinking about it.

I tried survey scout and and joined a lot of companies and i hardly received any money. I was lucky that i got my $35 back. I now make over $200 a day autosurfing and investing online in different opportunities . If anyone would like any information please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Photochick
    I have fallen prey to survey scout. The fact that I paid for a list was probably stupid on my part, but I have never done this before. I was mislead and told I had 90 days to cancel my membership, and was just told when I went to cancel I only had 56.
    Don't feel bad about the money back guarantee. I tried to cancel well within the time frame and they directed me to the "policy" when I went back and re-read it I found out that the guarantee with the company I joined was only valid if you were turned down by a survey company when you apply. Now what legitimate survey company would turn anyone away when they have a wide range of demographic needs? I was FURIOUS. This was what led me to start my free list of survey sites. I went through the paid list, weeded out all the junk sites etc and voila! I now have a great list of survey companies and it is free for all. Do NOT pay for a list if you are thinking of taking surveys and do NOT believe that you will make a liveable income. You can access the free list through my website which can be found through my profile. I am always happy to answer any questions about taking surveys and or mystery shopping.

Connie

Re: survey scout? scam?

SurveyScout.com Charges you a fee of 39.95 to view a list of surveys that are public access. The URL is

Start with reading the rules when you visit a new forum

Why pay when it is free.
    Last edited by katiescorner; 06-29-2007 at 06:03 AM.