+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

umdkook Guest

World is not really round....

ITS FLAT!!!

i figured this out yesterday when i went hiking and realized that when i look out for miles in front of me, i dont see any curves!!!

this is amazing news and im sure well be hearing more of it from CNN, FOX news and other media outlets....

Re: World is not really round....

I can't believe I didn't see this before!
    It's obvious what we were taught as kids was lies.

Ah yes, of course! When photos of Earth are taken from space and they look round it's actually just an extreme form of gravitational lensing caused by the huge black hole inside Earth, which they will discover soon.

As for the whole "if you travel in a straight line you will end up back where you started from" thing, that's easily explained by mentioning that around the edges of the planet is constant wormholes (thought they couldn't exist, didn't you Einstein?! Who's laughing now?!) that just put you to the exact opposite edge just as you're about to walk off the planet.
    That's such a more simple theory, too, I mean wow it just makes so much sense.

Subjunk - you know it makes sense, otherwise why haven't you all fallen off down there??

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forums/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Monopolized
    Subjunk - you know it makes sense, otherwise why haven't you all fallen off down there??

Holy **** there are actually people who think Earth is flat...
    They must be joking, or very stupid.
    That is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard, I'm still amazed...
    Yip, still got my jaw on the floor, I can't believe it... I was completely joking with my explanations, I hope no one uses any of what I said seriously because it's all crap. The smallest thing that could cause gravitational lensing is a dense galaxy with a large black hole, but it's usually more than one galaxy that does it (it takes a lot to cause light to bend that much!) it could never be caused by one planet, especially not a small one like ours, and not when the telescope is so close to Earth...
    And the wormhole thing doesn't even need explaining, it's just silly...
    Oh man this is so bizarre, why would people be so stupid?
    I'm going to read some of the posts...

umdkook Guest

well cmon now, everyone knows the space program is a governmetn lie, and we never ent anyone to outer space or the moon, so the pictures cant be real!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monopolized

Okay if you're joking please tell me!

Wait, what? Fallen off down here?
    I'm only "down here" because of the way we draw our maps.
    If someone had decided to draw maps the other way around would that mean people in Canada would fall off Earth? Hahahaha sorry but I really am laughing this is sooo funny!
    I'm all for respecting other people's beliefs but hahahahahaha. I haven't ever laughed so hard on my own.

There's this little (or big, depending on which aspect of it you're explaining) thing called gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by umdkook
    well cmon now, everyone knows the space program is a governmetn lie, and we never ent anyone to outer space or the moon, so the pictures cant be real!!!
    Don't tell me you're serious about this as well, I thought you were joking!
    Do you have any idea how many millions of photos and videos there are of planets being round? Including Earth?

... My mind is boggled, how can anyone actually even consider this to be true?!
    It's as if someone sat down and thought "hmm I wonder if I can get people to believe the exact opposite of what's very obviously correct. Umm... What's something everyone knows is true... I know, Earth being round. I'll say it's flat and see how many idiots will believe me"

Okay that site is a hoax, phew.

Of course they're kidding.... :confused: I hope they're kidding.
    No one today would really think that the earth is flat! Then again, there's a sucker born every minute & it looks like some of them are here at scam!! LOL

Well if the flat earth theory doesn't do it for you, try the inverted earth theory (It's known under various other names as well).

The earth is still spherical, but we live on the inside of the sphere. The closer we come to the centre of the sphere, the more condensed space becomes. So essentially the entire universe is contained within this sphere.

If you haven't come across this theory before, its not as crazy as it sounds. A physics lecturer (I can't remember who, but it sounds like something Feynman would do) used to ask his students to go home, and find a way to disprove this. Sure enough, there is absolutely no way to prove or disprove the theory.

er
    Quote Originally Posted by kazza
    The earth is still spherical, but we live on the inside of the sphere. The closer we come to the centre of the sphere, the more condensed space becomes. So essentially the entire universe is contained within this sphere.

If you haven't come across this theory before, its not as crazy as it sounds. A physics lecturer (I can't remember who, but it sounds like something Feynman would do) used to ask his students to go home, and find a way to disprove this. Sure enough, there is absolutely no way to prove or disprove the theory.
    This is interesting... Explain "condensed space".
    For this theory to work it would have to be an expanding sphere, which is expanding in only one bi-direction... In which case it would be exactly the same as the current theory except that the word "Universe" is replaced with "Earth"...

Wait I might not be understanding this properly. No I'm sure I'm not.

In this theory are we on a little planet inside "Earth"? Or are we walking around the edges?
    Where, physically, are humans located inside "Earth" in this theory?
    I'm sure I'm not understanding this properly because if I am there are lots of ways to disprove it.

Quote Originally Posted by SubJunk
    Don't tell me you're serious about this as well, I thought you were joking!
    Do you have any idea how many millions of photos and videos there are of planets being round? Including Earth?

... My mind is boggled, how can anyone actually even consider this to be true?!
    It's as if someone sat down and thought "hmm I wonder if I can get people to believe the exact opposite of what's very obviously correct. Umm... What's something everyone knows is true... I know, Earth being round. I'll say it's flat and see how many idiots will believe me"
    well, when i look at the moon & other planets through my telescope, they look round unless my scope is malfunctioning! :D

tommywho70x Guest

Lookie here folks, the Earth isn't quite round; it's kind of squashed at the poles because of centripetal forces of it's rotation, but it is also hollow, you know and there is an ancient civilization of highly advanced space travellers living inside.

Mars is the same way; Jesus lives there.

For more information, please read "Jesus On Mars" by Philip Jose Farmer...

:p

Hehe well of course you're right about it not being round, that's why the first estimates of Earth's size were quite a bit off (those German scientists spend nearly a decade taking that wrong measurement too, ouch!) but I can't tell if you're joking about the other bit or not?

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho70x
    Mars is the same way; Jesus lives there.

That's right.....and Elvis lives on the moon

Quote Originally Posted by SubJunk
    erThis is interesting... Explain "condensed space".
    For this theory to work it would have to be an expanding sphere, which is expanding in only one bi-direction... In which case it would be exactly the same as the current theory except that the word "Universe" is replaced with "Earth"...

Wait I might not be understanding this properly. No I'm sure I'm not.

In this theory are we on a little planet inside "Earth"? Or are we walking around the edges?
    Where, physically, are humans located inside "Earth" in this theory?
    I'm sure I'm not understanding this properly because if I am there are lots of ways to disprove it.
    We are walking around on the internal surface of the sphere, so our feet are touching the inside of the sphere and our heads are pointing towards the middle.

As for space being more condensed, this is hard to do without a diagram but I'll try. Draw the earth as a circle, and mark the center of that circle with a dot and call it C. Now you would say that the rest of the universe is outside the circle, and I would say (for argument's sake) that the rest of the universe is inside.

Now its simply a case of mathematical inversion. Draw something outside the circle, say a plane, or the moon or the sun and call that object P. Now draw a straight line between C and P. Now draw a new circle with that line as the diameter. You should now have two circles, one with a center at C, and one that touches C and P. These two circles should intersect at two points - draw a straight line between these two intersections. Where the straight line you have just drawn, and the straight line between C and P intersect is where your plane/moon/sun would be located if the earth is inverted. The further away something is in your universe, the closer it is to center of the sphere, and the smaller it is.

We can apply the same principle to the fundamental forces and find that they follow curved paths in an inverted earth, but as far as we are concerned they appear straight. The only way to disprove this theory is to drill through the center of the earth, because in all other respects it is mathematically identical to our everyday experiences.