+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 36

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Scientific Evidence for the Bible.

    There is archaeological evidence for many cities mentioned in the Bible. If atheist are going to make a case for the Bible being a myth, they must debunk archaeological discoveries of ancient Bible cities.

    http://www.facingthechallenge.org/arch2.php

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Scientific Evidence for the Bible.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnxietyHo View Post
    This is so important that you had to start 2 threads on it? Take a nap and have some more dreams to provide your Bible with more clarity.
    Be useful, start a thread debunking the Bible. I guess atheist have nothing to share but hot air.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    323

    Re: Scientific Evidence for the Bible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    There is archaeological evidence for many cities mentioned in the Bible. If atheist are going to make a case for the Bible being a myth, they must debunk archaeological discoveries of ancient Bible cities.

    http://www.facingthechallenge.org/arch2.php
    Crap!

    The cities existed but they didn't exist because of the Bible. They weren't "Bible cities". They were built by pagans.

    You really are crazy.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,553

    Re: Scientific Evidence for the Bible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    Crap!

    The cities existed but they didn't exist because of the Bible. They weren't "Bible cities". They were built by pagans.

    You really are crazy.
    I'm pretty sure H.G.Wells 'War of The Worlds' mentions London. 4000 years from now when H. G. Wells is revered as a god and his writings are revered as sacred text people will believe we were invaded by Martians.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Scientific Evidence for the Bible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    Crap!

    The cities existed but they didn't exist because of the Bible. They weren't "Bible cities". They were built by pagans.

    You really are crazy.
    Hey, that's a good point. They may or may not have been pagan cities, but, nevertheless, they existed. So much of debunking arguments have to do with whether or not they existed!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: Scientific Evidence for the Bible.

    So, Harry Potter is real. London is mentioned throughout the stories?!
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: Scientific Evidence for the Bible.

    Your argument would have some weight if people were claiming that London didn't exist.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: Scientific Evidence for the Bible.

    Jhokey, wtf!!...I'm saying that Harry Potter isn't real. London being mentioned in the stories doesn't make him real, idiot! The mind of a christian apologist is a very odd thing...does that clarify things for you? sheesh...!?
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: Scientific Evidence for the Bible.

    !!...I'm saying that Harry Potter isn't real. London being mentioned in the stories doesn't make him real, idiot! The mind of a christian apologist is a very odd thing...does that clarify things for you? sheesh...!?
    And you're also the one who said EVERYTHING in the Bible is made up.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: Scientific Evidence for the Bible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    And you're also the one who said EVERYTHING in the Bible is made up.
    So, is Harry Potter fiction?
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: Scientific Evidence for the Bible.

    So all it takes is to prove that some cities in the Bible exist to prove your claim wrong.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: Scientific Evidence for the Bible.

    Fine, ill adjust my "everything" claim when you admit that about the only thing the bible has to do with reality is that it got some of the geography right.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: Scientific Evidence for the Bible.

    Me and the crickets, we'll b waiting...

    ;-)
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: Scientific Evidence for the Bible.

    So you deny that pharaohs and Julius Ceasar existed too?
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: Scientific Evidence for the Bible.

    Come on retard, no one said EVERYTHING is made up

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: Scientific Evidence for the Bible.

    I used a broad brush and said the entire bible is bullshit (which it is!). Jhokeys grasping for straws...
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Similar Threads

  1. If the Bible is bunk, there is no scientific evidence.
    By Cnance in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-14-2017, 08:10 PM
  2. Scientific Quotes of the Day
    By Einstein in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-14-2014, 09:05 PM
  3. Within the realm of scientific study, is there evidence
    By bibleman in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-28-2013, 03:30 PM
  4. Scientific review
    By dontlikefrauds in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-22-2011, 12:23 AM
  5. Scientific Karma?
    By enlightenment in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 02-24-2007, 08:11 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •