+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Ancient Philistine City Discovered

    http://news.yahoo.com/goliath-gates-...160428514.html

    A massive gate unearthed in Israel may have marked the entrance to a biblical city that, at its heyday, was the biggest metropolis in the region.


    The town, called Gath, was occupied until the ninth century B.C. In biblical accounts, the Philistines — the mortal enemies of the Israelites — ruled the city. The Old Testament also describes Gath as the home of Goliath, the giant warrior whom the Israelite King David felled with a slingshot.

    The new findings reveal just how impressive the ancient Philistine city once was, said lead archaeologist of the current excavation, Aren Maeir, of Bar-Ilan University in Israel.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Ancient Philistine City Discovered

    is it official yet!? (we need more MONEY) lol......:rryumy::bah::yelcutelaughA::king22:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: Ancient Philistine City Discovered

    I guess you missed the key words "may" and "suggest"....

    Theory and conjecture, with zero proof of your claims.

    So they found a large gate...BFD.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: Ancient Philistine City Discovered

    Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Theory and conjecture, with zero proof of your claims.
    I didn't make any claims. I just posted a link to an article I found interesting.

    You want claims with zero proof, go back to the MLM forum and read your friend chris doyle's posts.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    323

    Re: Ancient Philistine City Discovered

    Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    I guess you missed the key words "may" and "suggest"....

    Theory and conjecture, with zero proof of your claims.

    So they found a large gate...BFD.
    "May" I "Suggest" you take a chill pill? :spin2:

    I found that very interesting. :king22:

    .

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: Ancient Philistine City Discovered

    Sure, suggest all you want...I didn't....esp considering the source.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: Ancient Philistine City Discovered

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    I didn't make any claims. I just posted a link to an article I found interesting.

    You want claims with zero proof, go back to the MLM forum and read your friend chris doyle's posts.
    I don't need to hang there to find outragious claims...the religious area has plenty of em...for instance...

    Quote Originally Posted by joefool44
    I don't know who created God. But some Bible mysteries such as virgin birth and Jonah surviving three days in a whale's belly have been scientifically proven. And we know the gift of tongues is true as well.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    323

    Re: Ancient Philistine City Discovered

    Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    I don't need to hang there to find outragious claims...the religious area has plenty of em...for instance...
    Quote Originally Posted by joefool44
    I don't know who created God. But some Bible mysteries such as virgin birth and Jonah surviving three days in a whale's belly have been scientifically proven. And we know the gift of tongues is true as well.
    LOL! I may have missed that!

    Actually, it has been scientifically proven that people who have been programmed to believe in God and miracles from an early age believe also that because miracles have not been scientifically disproved they must be real.

    .

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: Ancient Philistine City Discovered

    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    LOL! I may have missed that!

    Actually, it has been scientifically proven that people who have been programmed to believe in God and miracles from an early age believe also that because miracles have not been scientifically disproved they must be real.

    .
    Yep, the gaawd of the gaps.

    'If it can't be explained 100%, it must be gaawd...gaawd did it', yep that's clear 'critical' thinking alright....NOT.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Similar Threads

  1. What is the most clever scam you discovered too late?
    By Curious Carol in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-13-2014, 04:31 AM
  2. New scammer discovered!
    By loveangelleva in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 07:36 AM
  3. pterosaur landing strip discovered
    By Happy Medium in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-21-2009, 11:50 AM
  4. What Barack Obama's Father Discovered..
    By oneway in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 08:12 AM
  5. New legal loophole discovered
    By sojustask in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 04:03 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •