+ Reply to Thread

National Business Development Programme

www.nbdp.co.uk

This company called several months ago offering £14000 worth of free marketing, SEO etc. They claimed to be a social enterprise. They advised me that my company would get put to the top of search engines in participating directories including google, 192 and 118, if I was approved on their scheme.

I didn't agree to paying anything but suggested they send more information.

Last week they advised I was put on listings and the phoned me up asking me to pay £360 (approx.). After a bit more researching it appears all the search engines (participating directories) they put you on are owned by the same company and not linked to the proper search engines. None of them I have heard of before and don't believe these are genuine search engines.

I told them I hadn't agreed to pay anything and in response they sent me a recording of my first telephone conversation, in which they told me about 'an administration fee' if I were to be accepted on their programme. I gave no permission for them to record the call at any point.

The people who have set this up are clearly very creative individuals and I'm sure would do very well if they put their brains into an honest business model, but I would recommend everyone to stay well away from this one!

Re: National Business Development Programme

Further to the above I have received a threat of court action if I do not pay the invoice. This has been kept on file by my solicitor, but will not be paid.

Re: National Business Development Programme

Hi James. Exactly the same thing has happened to me. Would you be happy to put me in touch with your solicitor?