+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did God Fail?

Did God Fail?

I had a dream last night. (Must have been prompted by all this talk of dreams about messages from God.)
    In my dream God told me he made a big mistake when he created man.

Man had taken God's word and twisted it into something evil.

In order to correct his mistake, he sent Jesus to make things right.

Jesus failed too.

God decided to punish man so he gave them war and simply walked (metaphorically) away.

The rest is history.

My interpretation of this dream is that if God no longer needs man then man no longer needs God.

Either that or I have gone completely insane.

http://youtu.be/QoQ5RWD7_eE

Last edited by Gazza.; 07-21-2015 at 06:32 AM.

Re: Did God Fail?

Your dreams are good as Cnance's, so it must be true!

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

- Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Kelderek View Post
    There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

- Douglas Adams
    “May I say that I have not thoroughly enjoyed serving with humans? I find their illogic and foolish emotions a constant irritant.” Spock.

Depends on your definition of failure. First, you need a definition of success. For that, you need to know the purpose of God's creation. If you assume God created the universe as prison for Satan, you have a purpose. I know, that is not a religious idea. Well, what if it is true. Then, you could say God succeeded in imprisoning Satan. Of course, one may ask the question, "Why do humans have to suffer for that decision?" I can't think of a good answer. The best I can come up with is we are collateral damage. I am sure that pleases no one. It is a dark, cold, and dangerous universe. Perhaps, we should just enjoy our cozy corner for the short time we're here.
    Last edited by Cnance; 07-21-2015 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I can't think of a good answer. The best I can come up with is we are collateral damage. I am sure that pleases no one. It is a dark, cold, and dangerous universe. Perhaps, we should just enjoy our cozy corner for the short time we're here.
    NOW thats a spicy meat-a-ball........of course we could just skip the dramatics and say.......girls just wanna have fun!? .....within reason of course......

NOTTTTT:freak3::yelcutelaughA::spin2::elvis:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

i guess this is as good a thread as any to answer the question.......did god fail!? and the SIMPLE answer is (by the way cnance, this is WAY more offending than your claims) .....god CANT FAIL because he KNOWS NOTHING!!??....I'M SERIOUS!!?? think about it, how else could he FORGIVE SIN!? and FORGET trespasses!? of course there's a PARADOX here!? he only KNOWS what YOU tell him!? and dont forget...YOU dont KNOW ANYTHING either.......just what you've been told!!?? i hope this CLEARS everything UP!? :freak3: :errr: : :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    i guess this is as good a thread as any to answer the question.......did god fail!? and the SIMPLE answer is (by the way cnance, this is WAY more offending than your claims) .....god CANT FAIL because he KNOWS NOTHING!!??....I'M SERIOUS!!?? think about it, how else could he FORGIVE SIN!? and FORGET trespasses!? of course there's a PARADOX here!? he only KNOWS what YOU tell him!? and dont forget...YOU dont KNOW ANYTHING either.......just what you've been told!!?? i hope this CLEARS everything UP!? :freak3: :errr: : :
    It is based on human feeling of entitlement to judge God. However, assuming God is prefect, He (it) didn't fail. What failed was Satan when he (it) rebelled in heaven. As I stated before, we are collateral damage from that event. I know, it is not nice to say "collateral damage," but that is what I think. I believe it hinges on freewill. Assuming humans chose to be separate from God, it is a consequence of actions. That gets into heavy duty areas of theology. There is no satisfactory answer. Whatever, I will not blame God, I blame circumstances beyond God's control. When God gave his creatures freewill, he allowed things to develop into unknown territory. Anticipating the reply, God's knows all that happens, yes, but that doesn't mean God will interfere with the consequences of freewill.

Name:  ff1ee7080e5efe078269d5755a9962d761aad5a3a65f3888e7a65eba688a9c07.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  205.7 KB

God has not failed because I don't believe he exists or existed. Too many terrible things happen every day for me to believe in an all mighty puppeteer. Too many crimes committed in his name (or other gods names). Religion is about power. Convince someone to believe in something and then promise to lead them to the promised land and rake in the power (and money).

Quote Originally Posted by joecool0425 View Post
    God has not failed because I don't believe he exists or existed. Too many terrible things happen every day for me to believe in an all mighty puppeteer. Too many crimes committed in his name (or other gods names). Religion is about power. Convince someone to believe in something and then promise to lead them to the promised land and rake in the power (and money).

This must be the reverso world Joe Cool. A smart one. I bet he has a goatee.

Name:  B8MqgqnIEAAiUTd.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  19.5 KB
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    Man had taken God's word and twisted it into something evil.
    Whether or not you believe in God I'm pretty sure we can all pretty much believe this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Actually, that SHOULD read................If there was a God there would be no reason to be an atheist.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Which gawd are you referring to? There's thousands of em!!
    Vishnu, horus, mars?

Here's a list of creation gawds...

Click Here!

Also, I'd be willing to bet you're just as much of an atheist as I am, jhokey, I just went one gawd further!
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza
    Actually, that SHOULD read................If there was a God there would be no reason to be an atheist.
    He can't help it. He's not much of a critical thinker.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard