+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Do atheist have a moral code?

whats an ATHIEST and why would they have a moral code!? cant fathom becuz of logic and science why a god is necessary yet do think/FEEL human kind needs rules and guides to maintain a civil existence!?
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    whats an ATHIEST and why would they have a moral code!? cant fathom becuz of logic and science why a god is necessary yet do think/FEEL human kind needs rules and guides to maintain a civil existence!?
    And how is the god concept related to the above (except through conditioning and insecurity)? "God is necessary"? What a restricted view. God is just word. An irrelevant title to the book to get the readers attention. A name for nothing. Too much time wasted debating the existence of nothing. This nothing only continues to exist because of those debates.

words are ATTACHED to feelings/meaning!? these are the REAL controlling factors for a person!? sure it can be called CONDITIONING and generally that may be true!? does NOT rule out word to REAL things!? the body already proposes restrictions without even going into psychological 1's!? but i suppose your point is anything can become an excuse for failure once universally credited as a source apart from our own conditioned selves!?
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

words are ATTACHED to feelings/meaning!? these are the REAL controlling factors for a person!? sure it can be called CONDITIONING and generally that may be true!? does NOT rule out word to REAL things!? the body already proposes restrictions without even going into psychological 1's!? but i suppose your point is anything can become an excuse for failure once universally credited as a source apart from our own conditioned selves!?
    I will accept there are unknowns but I refuse to name them as anything. To me they remain open to wonder and speculation and I will never bow down to some simplified answer of an undefined and undefinable word. Those unknowns give me something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    I will accept there are unknowns but I refuse to name them as anything. To me they remain open to wonder and speculation and I will never bow down to some simplified answer of an undefined and undefinable word. Those unknowns give me something to think about.
    but surely IF you encounter an UNKNOWN you will form a word either logically or ASTONISHINGLY!? ay least in retrospect!?

but surely IF you encounter an UNKNOWN you will form a word either logically or ASTONISHINGLY!? ay least in retrospect!?
    Why "surely". Indication of conditioning perhaps. While forming a word is one thing (you could just call it point X) giving that word definition requires knowledge to identify. Building on an assumed identity is then another step without basis. Don't you agree or will you attempt a sideways slip?
    Last edited by chesty; 07-03-2017 at 02:24 AM.

like science we try to predict for likely qualities from known encounters or educated guesses you might say!? the theoretical is derived from plausible probable predictions!? of course if taken to as fact by the public then it can have misplaced influence effecting behavior!?

like science we try to predict for likely qualities from known encounters or educated guesses you might say!? the theoretical is derived from plausible probable predictions!? of course if taken to as fact by the public then it can have misplaced influence effecting behavior!?
    Theres a lot said by science that I refuse to accept unless they can prove it. I tend to piss them off to a lesser degree.

Ok Lexx. More on the subject of Job has arisen elsewhere (not on this forum) so I'm gonna give it a thorough read. Appears interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    Ok Lexx. More on the subject of Job has arisen elsewhere (not on this forum) so I'm gonna give it a thorough read. Appears interesting.
    i swear i replied to your proposed JOBe enquiry!? so how did it turn out!? i just watched most of 'the book of ELI' didnt see how it ended though!?

i swear i replied to your proposed JOBe enquiry!? so how did it turn out!? i just watched most of 'the book of ELI' didnt see how it ended though!?
    Ok Lexx. I've read Job. Some interesting points arise for discussion but that was interesting. Will debate later. Bit tied up at the moment. DONT LET THAT OTHER PSYCH CASE IN THE DOOR OF THIS ONE.

DESTROY CHESTY THE SNAKE!