+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Social Security ... not the lies from the Hannity crowd

Quote Originally Posted by brucefan View Post
    They represent Our Illustrious politicians from both parties
    The trust fund is filled with debt, do you understand ? You cant invest in your own debt? You cant write yourself a check and pretend you have an asset?

There would be no one getting paid anything unless new workers are continuing to pay into the system. You just admitted it was pay as you go system. There are no funds actually invested in anything that can generate future returns There is no funded retirement acct with your name on it , anywhere. . If social security was some insurance program, the money should be invested for me right? With SS, Any money paid in today , is spent, today ! That's the definition of a Ponzi scheme !

One more time, My question is do you know who is the largest holder of these treasuries, the safest asset in the world ?
    The trust fund is filled with real life assets, US treasury bonds.

Where in the hell did you and your little toadie Jax ever get the convoluted idea that a pay as you go system is the definition of a Ponzi scheme? I bet you it was somewhere in the right wing noise machine. Hannity? O'Reilly? Newsmax? Breitbart? It had to be one of those wingnut sources. No, Virginia, Social Security is not a Ponzi scheme.

As for your question, I already answered it. Yes, I know who is the largest holder of these treasuries.

Quote Originally Posted by bairdi View Post
    The trust fund is filled with real life assets, US treasury bonds.

Where in the hell did you and your little toadie Jax ever get the convoluted idea that a pay as you go system is the definition of a Ponzi scheme? I bet you it was somewhere in the right wing noise machine. Hannity? O'Reilly? Newsmax? Breitbart? It had to be one of those wingnut sources. No, Virginia, Social Security is not a Ponzi scheme.

As for your question, I already answered it. Yes, I know who is the largest holder of these treasuries.
    You avoid simple facts so there so its difficult to continue to discuss the Ponzi issue

Would you share with us your answer?
    PM Me if you are interested in making money in the business of Fantasy Sports . No Inv Req

Experience has taught me that it is worth neither my time nor effort to go through this exercise with you. So I guess you will be waiting until hell freezes over on this. I will however give you a hint though I doubt it will make one iota of difference. A credit card is borrowed money. The Social Security Trust Fund is not borrowed money but a prepaid account funded by tax dollars which, by law, are invested.
    Looks to me like you're trying to explain the concept of economics to Cheech and Chong!

Bong on, dudes!
    :rasta: :rasta: :ylsuper:
    Last edited by Gazza.; 07-21-2015 at 08:03 AM.

You avoid simple facts so there so its difficult to continue to discuss the Ponzi issue

Would you share with us your answer?
    I avoid simple facts? The fact is that Social Security is not a Ponzi scheme. To imply otherwise is basically a complete misunderstanding as to what constitutes a Ponzi scheme.

Sure. The biggest holder of treasury bonds is the SS Trust Fund. So what's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    Looks to me like you're trying to explain the concept of economics to Cheech and Chong!

Bong on, dudes!
    :rasta: :rasta: :ylsuper:
    Great observation. :yelcutelaughA:

I avoid simple facts? The fact is that Social Security is not a Ponzi scheme. To imply otherwise is basically a complete misunderstanding as to what constitutes a Ponzi scheme.

Sure. The biggest holder of treasury bonds is the SS Trust Fund. So what's your point?
    And a close second at about 2.5 trillion is the Federal Reserve

So the safest security in the world , is owned by our own government, and an private banking cartel who just creates money out of thin air to fill the void, and allow us to keep the government ponzi scheme going

let's pray neither of them would need to sell, because my question would be, to whom?

See how that works, it's not just one, but two ?
    PM Me if you are interested in making money in the business of Fantasy Sports . No Inv Req

And a close second at about 2.5 trillion is the Federal Reserve

So the safest security in the world , is owned by our own government, and an private banking cartel who just creates money out of thin air to fill the void, and allow us to keep the government ponzi scheme going

let's pray neither of them would need to sell, because my question would be, to whom?

See how that works, it's not just one, but two ?
    So that's how it works huh? :yelcutelaughA: Maybe you should fire off a letter to the Fed and warn them that they haven't the slightest idea as to how the US economy functions. :spin2: Rock on dude! :elvis:

my casual knowledge of SS indicates it NEEDS REFORMS to stay solvent!? and more SCRUTINY for FRAUD!? :judges: :bah: :chicken: :elvis:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

So that's how it works huh? :yelcutelaughA: Maybe you should fire off a letter to the Fed and warn them that they haven't the slightest idea as to how the US economy functions. :spin2: Rock on dude! :elvis:
    Because we all know all good debates end in ... ..".Rock on dude "

Wow :rotz: