+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 33 to 48 of 1108

  1. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Dream about God, angels, Satan, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    Hilarious!

    By your own words.


    Do you think I didn't read that?

    You have admitted to violating the religious beliefs of Christians and by doing so have sinned against them and the god they worship.

    Why can't you just admit to being a lunatic looking to create your own schism by recruiting other lunatics willing to believe your garbage?

    Enough!


    .
    You have a bad habit of changing the subject. The subject was whose god? You said I didn't have the same god as Christians. That is untrue. Christians, as well as Jews, worship the Old Testament Lord as God. If you had read the thread you would know that is also my God. In case you try but can't understand the thread. I stated Jesus was God, not the son of God. Jesus, being God, was also the OT Lord.

  2. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: Dream about God, angels, Satan, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    You have a bad habit of changing the subject. The subject was whose god? You said I didn't have the same god as Christians. That is untrue. Christians, as well as Jews, worship the Old Testament Lord as God. If you had read the thread you would know that is also my God. In case you try but can't understand the thread. I stated Jesus was God, not the son of God. Jesus, being God, was also the OT Lord.
    How do you know the old testament is true?

    Was it a dream?
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  3. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Dream about God, angels, Satan, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    How do you know the old testament is true?

    Was it a dream?
    Referring to my dreams, I had a dream about the OT in which a voice said, "it happened but not that way." I had a dream about an angel killing 185,000 soldiers of Sennacherib's army, Isaiah 37:36. I had a dream about angels informing God that a new species was beginning to dominate all other species. God decided to intervene in human affairs, I believe the OT is a record of that intervention. They are all mentioned on this thread.

  4. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    323

    Re: Dream about God, angels, Satan, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    You have a bad habit of changing the subject. The subject was whose god? You said I didn't have the same god as Christians. That is untrue. Christians, as well as Jews, worship the Old Testament Lord as God. If you had read the thread you would know that is also my God. In case you try but can't understand the thread. I stated Jesus was God, not the son of God. Jesus, being God, was also the OT Lord.
    in your own words you have stated that Christians turn their back on you when you talk about your beliefs. You have also stated, in your own words and by way of prefacing your statements, that Christians do not agree with your beliefs.

    How then, can you state these things and, in the same breath, claim that you believe in the same God they do?

    Your whole belief system flies in the face of Christianity and I can understand why Christians look at you sideways.


    .

  5. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Dream about God, angels, Satan, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    in your own words you have stated that Christians turn their back on you when you talk about your beliefs. You have also stated, in your own words and by way of prefacing your statements, that Christians do not agree with your beliefs.

    How then, can you state these things and, in the same breath, claim that you believe in the same God they do?

    Your whole belief system flies in the face of Christianity and I can understand why Christians look at you sideways.


    .
    Jews also reject Jesus as their savior, so I am not the one who holds beliefs contrary to Christians. The main reason why Christians don't agree with me is because I don't believe Jesus was the son of God. I do, however, belief Jesus was the Old Testament Lord. It would save a lot of time if you read what I posted on this thread. My impression is atheists on this forum just blast away, they hardly ever know what they are talking about.

  6. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: Dream about God, angels, Satan, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Jews also reject Jesus as their savior, so I am not the one who holds beliefs contrary to Christians. The main reason why Christians don't agree with me is because I don't believe Jesus was the son of God. I do, however, belief Jesus was the Old Testament Lord. It would save a lot of time if you read what I posted on this thread. My impression is atheists on this forum just blast away, they hardly ever know what they are talking about.
    John 14:6New American Standard Bible (NASB)

    6 Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  7. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Dream about God, angels, Satan, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    CarlinAnnArbor is a Christian and what he posted certainty didn't sound like he felt you were going along with scripture or that what you were saying was Christian.

    The dual Gods, twelve angels, no afterlife, Jesus being God and not the son and probably a lot more isn't going by scripture, I'm just going by what I remember.

    Do you feel your dreams and visions are going by scripture, I know you've said you don't feel parts of the Bible are correct and that God has told you so in your dreams and visions.

    Do you think you are a Christian?

    Here's what CarlinAnnArbor said to you in the thread, There is no son of God

    I will answer part of your idiocy because it cannot be allowed to grow like the cancer it is. You believe what you believe because you believe your Satanic "dreams," and reject the inspired Word of God.

    Q "When was Jesus the firstborn"?????


    A AFTER he was resurrected.

    He said, NO MAN can see the Kingdom of God EXCEPT HE BE BORN AGAIN.

    So far, Jesus is the ONLY "born again" Son of God.

    NO MAN has been born again UNTIL we lose this earthly body at the RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD. That first happens WHEN HE RETURNS.
    My disagreement with CarlinAnnArbor post is as follows. First, my dreams are not Satanic. If you read the thread you would note Satan was the subject of several dreams. Just because you don't agree don't say they came from Satan. It is not surprising that a Christian would say I have rejected the inspired word of God. If you research the NT gospels you will find a lot of errors. As an example, you will not find the gospel narratives in any of those prior gospels. What you find are Jesus sayings and references to the divinity of Jesus. In short, what you can say about the gospels is they the inspired word of good Christian fiction writers.

    I had several dreams about the NT listed on this thread. I wish people would read what I wrote so I don't have to keep repeating it. Two dreams were about Paul revealing his apostle letters to be false. I should have not repeat it all again. Based on my dreams, there is no son of God, just God. The whole resurrection story is based on a false idea. If there is no son of God, there can be no sacrifice to redeem humankind. The only possibility is if you claim God's sacrifice did it. However, my dreams have said there was no crucifixion, therefore, no resurrection leading to salvation. We are not born again if we believe in the son of God because there is no son of God. I don't believe in lying, that is what I would have to do to change what I know from my dreams and visions.

    If you must believe in the son of God to be a Christian, I am not a Christian. However, I will not give up my belief, based on my dreams, that Jesus was God. I have had this discussion with Christian clerics. When they begin accusing me of sacrilegious ideas I remind them that I believe Jesus was God. How can you condemn someone who believes Jesus is God?

    What is meant by scripture? Jews believe in scripture, but they don't believe Jesus was the son of God. I am sort of a Christian. I believe Jesus was God. Should I be condemned because I don't believe in the trinity? I believe what I have stated on this thread. I have also stated God is a duality. Christians have no evidence for the trinity, it was made up by church leaders. Based on my dreams and visions, I have evidence that God is a duality. I also have evidence that Jesus was God and not the son of God. That is my faith. We could line up all the world religions and find out how many would or would not condemn me. That is, of course, an exercise in futility.

    Those statements by CarlinAnnArbor are very inflammatory. I expect such abuse, this is the internet. Just because I don't believe Jesus was the son of God doesn't mean I don't believe in Jesus. I believe Jesus was God, not the son of God, and God is a duality. I suppose if you disagree with my thread you can hurl any kind of abuse or insult. However, I will only discuss civil ideas, not abusive comments.

    Based on my beliefs, there would be no Christianity. Jesus would be part of Judaism. After all, Jesus and his disciples were Jews. Why not let them have their own kind. That wouldn't work however because Jews don't believe Jesus was God. Poor Jesus, no one wants him if He is God!

    Just think about it, Christians love the idea of Jesus being the son of God because it gives them something to identify with. It is difficult to accept Jesus as God for that reason. So, to create a great religion, founding fathers made Jesus a man, just like them. Then, Paul said Jesus is our brother, that really brings Jesus down to the human level. That is one of the great appeals of Christianity, it is based on a man like god.

    I refuse to deny Jesus as God just because someone doesn't like my beliefs. I suppose I am part Christian. I'll take Jesus without the son of God, sacrifice to save humankind, and without the trinity. Gloria be to God, who came into the world as a man (Jesus).
    Last edited by Cnance; 07-16-2015 at 11:47 AM.

  8. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: Dream about God, angels, Satan, etc.

    Cnance, how are you able to validate that any of your dreams are more valid than the scriptures in the Bible?
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  9. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Dream about God, angels, Satan, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Cnance, how are you able to validate that any of your dreams are more valid than the scriptures in the Bible?
    Based on the criteria of material or scientific evidence, neither side can validate its beliefs. I consider my dreams and visions as evidence, but that doesn't mean others have to. As I stated before, I am not selling a new religion, just posting what I know. Based on the nature of my beliefs, I would be surprised if anyone accepted them. In a way, there are not very different than other belief systems, except for Satanism. I believe in the OT Lord, Jesus as God, and the Bible as a human record of God's intervention. I don't think that is very radical, just different.
    Last edited by Cnance; 07-15-2015 at 06:33 PM.

  10. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    323

    Re: Dream about God, angels, Satan, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Jews also reject Jesus as their savior, so I am not the one who holds beliefs contrary to Christians. The main reason why Christians don't agree with me is because I don't believe Jesus was the son of God. I do, however, belief Jesus was the Old Testament Lord. It would save a lot of time if you read what I posted on this thread. My impression is atheists on this forum just blast away, they hardly ever know what they are talking about.
    Your comprehension skills are sadly lacking.

    You continually ignore my points and revert to the old "you atheists are all the same" and "you didn't read my posts".

    Take some time to think about this....

    Christians believe in the singularity of God and believe that Jesus was the son of God.
    Jews believe in the singularity of God and reject the idea that Jesus is their saviour. By extension of that they are not considered Christians.
    You neither believe in the singularity of God nor that Jesus was the son of God. By extension of that you, also, cannot be considered a Christian.

    This is why Christians don't like you or what you stand for and see your dreams and beliefs as Satanic. (Opposing God)

    I can't say I blame them.


    .

  11. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: Dream about God, angels, Satan, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Based on the criteria of material or scientific evidence, neither side can validate its beliefs. I consider my dreams and visions as evidence, but that doesn't mean others have to. As I stated before, I am not selling a new religion, just posting what I know. Based on the nature of my beliefs, I would be surprised if anyone accepted them. In a way, there are not very different than other belief systems, except for Satanism. I believe in the OT Lord, Jesus as God, and the Bible as a human record of God's intervention. I don't think that is very radical, just different.
    I can say for certainty that the Bible scripture had to undergo a lot more scrutiny and research. Sure I think there are some inconsistencies in there but I believe some if not all is due to numerous translations and the fact that modern and more ancient languages have a lot of variances.

    But you are basing your beliefs on a dream. The issue is whether your dream was a vision of what was or will be, or just a dream. I would think that God would have confirmed such a vision by giving it to more than once person and/or inspiring someone to write and publish it.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  12. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Dream about God, angels, Satan, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    Your comprehension skills are sadly lacking.

    You continually ignore my points and revert to the old "you atheists are all the same" and "you didn't read my posts".

    Take some time to think about this....

    Christians believe in the singularity of God and believe that Jesus was the son of God.
    Jews believe in the singularity of God and reject the idea that Jesus is their saviour. By extension of that they are not considered Christians.
    You neither believe in the singularity of God nor that Jesus was the son of God. By extension of that you, also, cannot be considered a Christian.

    This is why Christians don't like you or what you stand for and see your dreams and beliefs as Satanic. (Opposing God)

    I can't say I blame them.


    .

    What is the purpose of your posts? If you don't believe in Christianity, what difference does it make if I am a Christian or not? Admit it, you just want to cause problems, no matter what. Being an atheist, it gives you satisfaction to embarrass a believer. What else can it be?

    In short, you are an atheist trouble maker. You belief in nothing, and you can't stand people who believe in God. Take a vacation, go to a atheist retreat and think about your anger for believers. If that won't work, take a chill pill!
    Last edited by Cnance; 07-15-2015 at 10:36 PM.

  13. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Dream about God, angels, Satan, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    I can say for certainty that the Bible scripture had to undergo a lot more scrutiny and research. Sure I think there are some inconsistencies in there but I believe some if not all is due to numerous translations and the fact that modern and more ancient languages have a lot of variances.

    But you are basing your beliefs on a dream. The issue is whether your dream was a vision of what was or will be, or just a dream. I would think that God would have confirmed such a vision by giving it to more than once person and/or inspiring someone to write and publish it.
    I am puzzled by your reply. Why does publishing ideas make God's ideas final? If you read NT history, you'll find it took several hundred years for church leaders to agree to what Jesus said, and furthermore, what he meant. That is a lot of human interpretation. By the time church leaders reached the final version, NT scriptures were just right for what church leaders desired to promote their new religion. The long period of development by church leaders guaranteed the NT to be e product of human interpretation, not the word of God. Church leaders were concerned about promoting a new religions. It had little to do with promoting the truth about Jesus. To conclude otherwise is to infer men are holy, and without error in interpreting Jesus (God).

    If church leaders had decided that Jesus was God and not his son, they would have little material to promote a new religion. It is more appealing to advocate for Jesus being the son of God because it brings him down to the human level. Humans don't want God, they want a human like the son of God. It is not surprising that Christianity became so popular, it is a religion based on a human god. What would have happened if church leaders declared Jesus to be God? Well, I guess Islam or other religions would have filled the void. Even though Christianity is based on false assumptions, for the world, it is a good outcome. Christianity based on a human like god has redeeming attributes for humankind.
    Last edited by Cnance; 07-15-2015 at 11:22 PM.

  14. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Dream about God, angels, Satan, etc.

    I am tired of defending my ideas about my dreams and visions. Evidently, no one wants to hear ideas that contradict Christian Disneyland.

    I am sorry, but I have no good news. Based on my dreams and visions, there is little hope of salvation.

    What you need is an upbeat Christian thread about salvation for all sinners.

    The problem is atheist will certainly reclaim the forum.

    Isn't there a better alternative?
    Last edited by Cnance; 07-15-2015 at 11:37 PM.

  15. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: Dream about God, angels, Satan, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I am tired of defending my ideas about my dreams and visions. Evidently, no one wants to hear ideas that contradict Christian Disneyland.

    I am sorry, but I have no good news. Based on my dreams and visions, there is little hope of salvation.

    What you need is an upbeat Christian thread about salvation for all sinners.

    The problem is atheist will certainly reclaim the forum.

    Isn't there a better alternative?
    The Bible says Jesus is the way, the truth and the life (John 14:6) Your dreams tell you that there is little hope of salvation. If your dreams were true, what purpose would God/Jesus serve?

    Jesus, according to the Bible and Christian belief, represents hope. Hope of eternal life and salvation for our sins. What hope exists outside of that?
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  16. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    323

    Re: Dream about God, angels, Satan, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I am tired of defending my ideas about my dreams and visions. Evidently, no one wants to hear ideas that contradict Christian Disneyland.

    I am sorry, but I have no good news. Based on my dreams and visions, there is little hope of salvation.

    What you need is an upbeat Christian thread about salvation for all sinners.

    The problem is atheist will certainly reclaim the forum.

    Isn't there a better alternative?
    Christian Disneyland?

    How does that compare to your non-Christian La-la land?

    The only hope for salvation is for the human race to abandon religion altogether so we can live together without the infliction of superstitious belief.

    Can you imagine that?

    I can.


    .

Similar Threads

  1. Guardian Angels ....scams? or not?
    By Bounty Hunter in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-30-2014, 12:25 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-17-2013, 04:19 AM
  3. Angels, Demons, Nephilim and Aliens
    By Paladine in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2011, 04:07 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 05:10 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 06:36 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •