+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Essential Oils

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,324

    Essential Oils

    Ok, here comes a crap storm. So my wife goes to a yoga/health retreat this weekend. There are seminars on healthy eating, organic foods, hot chicks in yoga pants, and one very interesting presenter who happens to be in an MLM that sells essential oils. She basically says without saying that she was cured of cancer partially by the oils. She quoted some research that I of course do not have links to. a google search on "essential oils kill cancer cells" yields way too many results to weed out the hype.

    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...ancer+cells%22


    This sounds very nebulous and I'm curious what you guys have to say.

  2. #2

    Re: Essential Oils

    Fire kills cancer cells too. Anyone who says X cures cancer doesn't know what the hell they're talking about. "Cancer" is not a single diseases, it's hundreds (perhaps thousands) of different diseases that manifest in a similar way. Anything that "kills" all cancer could only possibly do that by killing healthy cells as well.

    Is it possible that some of the hundreds of thousands of potential "essential oils" have some positive effect against some cancers?

    Sure.

    New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....


    Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,904

    Re: Essential Oils

    The only oil I've seen have positive results on cancer is cannabis oil and I don't know of any MLMs that do that yet.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,357

    Re: Essential Oils

    Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    Ok, here comes a crap storm. So my wife goes to a yoga/health retreat this weekend. There are seminars on healthy eating, organic foods, hot chicks in yoga pants, and one very interesting presenter who happens to be in an MLM that sells essential oils. She basically says without saying that she was cured of cancer partially by the oils. She quoted some research that I of course do not have links to. a google search on "essential oils kill cancer cells" yields way too many results to weed out the hype.

    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...ancer+cells%22


    This sounds very nebulous and I'm curious what you guys have to say.
    Does it matter? The important thing is to support you build a team. You should take to this easily now that you're involved in Herbalife.
    Cat Police - SF

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Papa was a rolling stone
    Posts
    58

    Re: Essential Oils

    Interesting thread.
    My ex-girlfriend went to study alternative medicine in China and came back with diplomas in acupuncture, reflexology, and essential oils (ingested as opposed to aromatherapy).
    She set herself up in business offering natural therapies combined with vacations at her home. She has a very large home with 4 separate villas and a swimming pool amongst other measures of entertainment for nature lovers. Being in the south of France there's no shortage of demand.

    Well I'm rather old-school so I didn't believe in all her cures but nodded in agreement to keep her happy. Then one day my wife fell ill with a rather odd kind of sickness which, according to our doctor, stemmed from her immune system. Doco prescribed various pills. My wife leans towards natural healing so she called my ex for advice. 3 days later the postman had a package with 2 essential oils in it and an instruction to place 2 drops of each on a sugar lump and eat one just before breakfast for 10 days. After only 7 days the problem had gone. She never used the pills she had been prescribed.

    Towards the end of last year, the media was panicking everybody with the Ebola outbreak so we asked my ex if she had anything to protect us? Again, oils in the post and we followed instructions. Of course, we never caught Ebola; nobody here did. But what amazed us was that we sailed through the winter period with everyone around us catching influenza and/or stomach bugs, including our own son, without us getting anything. Normally we both get the flu in winter.

    Sooooo, I'm a believer now. :)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,778

    Re: Essential Oils

    Quote Originally Posted by Powerball-Club View Post
    Interesting thread.
    My ex-girlfriend went to study alternative medicine in China and came back with diplomas in acupuncture, reflexology, and essential oils (ingested as opposed to aromatherapy).
    She set herself up in business offering natural therapies combined with vacations at her home. She has a very large home with 4 separate villas and a swimming pool amongst other measures of entertainment for nature lovers. Being in the south of France there's no shortage of demand.

    Well I'm rather old-school so I didn't believe in all her cures but nodded in agreement to keep her happy. Then one day my wife fell ill with a rather odd kind of sickness which, according to our doctor, stemmed from her immune system. Doco prescribed various pills. My wife leans towards natural healing so she called my ex for advice. 3 days later the postman had a package with 2 essential oils in it and an instruction to place 2 drops of each on a sugar lump and eat one just before breakfast for 10 days. After only 7 days the problem had gone. She never used the pills she had been prescribed.

    Towards the end of last year, the media was panicking everybody with the Ebola outbreak so we asked my ex if she had anything to protect us? Again, oils in the post and we followed instructions. Of course, we never caught Ebola; nobody here did. But what amazed us was that we sailed through the winter period with everyone around us catching influenza and/or stomach bugs, including our own son, without us getting anything. Normally we both get the flu in winter.

    Sooooo, I'm a believer now. :)
    What were the essential oils your wife used and what was she diagnosed with as her illness?

    I have to think a lot of illness's are caused from emotional problems and going to a beautiful place, your ex is offering very nice surroundings, being given an essential oil, which you are told will heal you, could bring about positive effects. It's all emotional problems and not physical.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Papa was a rolling stone
    Posts
    58

    Re: Essential Oils

    My wife stayed here at home. Remember, my ex sent her the oils in the mail. I have no idea what was in them because they were premixed in 2 different bottles. Can't remember what the diagnosis was either. :(
    If it's important to you I can ask her when she returns. She is working in a theatre at the moment.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    98

    Re: Essential Oils

    Quote Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
    What were the essential oils your wife used and what was she diagnosed with as her illness?

    I have to think a lot of illness's are caused from emotional problems and going to a beautiful place, your ex is offering very nice surroundings, being given an essential oil, which you are told will heal you, could bring about positive effects. It's all emotional problems and not physical.
    Tulip - Why do your posts resemble the exact same wordings as Peggy Sue's (the mod that "resigned" again today)? Are you attempting to pull a fast one on us? Me thinks so.
    Last edited by Detour; 07-25-2015 at 01:36 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,778

    Re: Essential Oils

    Quote Originally Posted by Powerball-Club View Post
    My wife stayed here at home. Remember, my ex sent her the oils in the mail. I have no idea what was in them because they were premixed in 2 different bottles. Can't remember what the diagnosis was either. :(
    If it's important to you I can ask her when she returns. She is working in a theatre at the moment.
    Don't bother your wife while she's busy but if it's convenient and you can find out, please let us know.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,778

    Re: Essential Oils

    Quote Originally Posted by Detour View Post
    Tulip - Why do your posts resemble the exact same wordings as Peggy Sue's (the mod that "resigned" again today)? Are you attempting to pull a fast one on us? Me thinks so.
    No not trying to pull a fast one, members who post here regularly know I changed my name to PeggieSue, it's been discussed on the forum many times.

    I decided to go back to my original screen name just so I won't appear as a moderator.

    When I changed my screen name I got permission to do it and I was having trouble logging into the forum with my new screen name so we just left me with two screen names in case my new screen name couldn't be corrected to let me log in. Never planned to use the screen name Tulip again but now it has came in handy. If you have a problem with this I can quit using it, never have I had two screen names to pull anything over on anyone.

Similar Threads

  1. Ok, So It's Definitely Not 'essential'
    By Travelman18 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-23-2009, 04:11 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •