+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 68

Thread: Is Hell Real?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,867

    Is Hell Real?

    Is hell a real place, perhaps in the hot bowls of the earth, or a hot planet in space? Maybe hell is myth made up to make humans behave.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: Is Hell Real?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Is hell a real place, perhaps in the hot bowls of the earth, or a hot planet in space? Maybe hell is myth made up to make humans behave.
    God is a concept, by which we measure our pain. - John Lennon

    I concur....

    Same with hell...just a concept, like a dream...
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    323

    Re: Is Hell Real?

    If hell is a myth to make people behave, then heaven must be a myth to make people feel better about dying!


    .

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: Is Hell Real?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    If hell is a myth to make people behave, then heaven must be a myth to make people feel better about dying!


    .
    Yep, absolutely spot on, IMO.

    Our mortality is the whole nine yards. Our fear of death is the reason for the entire yarn.

    John 3:16 says it all...(that's the only verse I have memorized from my childhood. Guess it was pounded in)
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    98

    Re: Is Hell Real?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Is hell a real place, perhaps in the hot bowls of the earth, or a hot planet in space? Maybe hell is myth made up to make humans behave.
    Being that you pretend to be all knowing and an expert on the Bible, Christianity, and God, I would assume you need not ask. But since you did, Hell is a place that your all loving and forgiving God threatens everyone with if they don't "behave." Of course it doesn't exist. Both the terms Heaven and Hell are within yourself at the present time. It's not an actual place, it's a state of mind. For example, when I read your posts, my mind goes straight to Hell when I realize what an intolerant deluded nutjob you are. Then it ends up with laughter when it actually sinks in and I'm in Heaven. Naturally you assume I'm an atheist because that's what you've been trained to do. I, on the other hand, assume that you're a fornicator, sodomite, and person with delusions of grandeur. You have your dreams of Heaven which you believe to be fact, so why not Hell?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,867

    Re: Is Hell Real?

    Quote Originally Posted by Detour View Post
    Being that you pretend to be all knowing and an expert on the Bible, Christianity, and God, I would assume you need not ask. But since you did, Hell is a place that your all loving and forgiving God threatens everyone with if they don't "behave." Of course it doesn't exist. Both the terms Heaven and Hell are within yourself at the present time. It's not an actual place, it's a state of mind. For example, when I read your posts, my mind goes straight to Hell when I realize what an intolerant deluded nutjob you are. Then it ends up with laughter when it actually sinks in and I'm in Heaven. Naturally you assume I'm an atheist because that's what you've been trained to do. I, on the other hand, assume that you're a fornicator, sodomite, and person with delusions of grandeur. You have your dreams of Heaven which you believe to be fact, so why not Hell?
    Where is it written in the Bible that God threatens everyone with hell? Like other atheist on this forum, YOU don't know what you are talking about. That is a theme of some religions, but it is not in the Bible. You need to become more educated to lecture me. If you had read my thread about my dreams you would find not one single reference to HELL. Before you accuse me, Know what you're talking about!

    God doesn't care enough for humans to have created hell. Apparently, you have not read my thread about dreams, you, like the other atheists, just blast away hoping you'll hit something.

    When humans die they become like other species, rotting flesh.

    What I have said, and apparently no one understands, is God demands obedience. Since those days, God has mostly assumed a policy of nonintervention. Why do I bother, I keep repeating myself. Apparently, none of you can read.
    Last edited by Cnance; 07-04-2015 at 04:20 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    98

    Re: Is Hell Real?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Where is it written in the Bible that God threatens everyone with hell? Like other atheist on this forum, YOU don't know what you are talking about. That is a theme of some religions, but it is not in the Bible. You need to become more educated to lecture me. If you had read my thread about my dreams you would find not one single reference to HELL. Before you accuse me, Know what you're talking about!

    God doesn't care enough for humans to have created hell. Apparently, you have not read my thread about dreams, you, like the other atheists, just blast away hoping you'll hit something.

    When humans die they become like other species, rotting flesh.

    What I have said, and apparently no one understands, is God demands obedience. Since those days, God has mostly assumed a policy of nonintervention. Why do I bother, I keep repeating myself. Apparently, none of you can read. How sad.
    Once again, oh scholarly one, you assume I'm an Atheist. May I suggest you reference the Bible on quotes about Hell? Or would you prefer I give you a whole bunch of links? Being that you're such a good and wholesome Christian with no tolerance for anyone else's opinions, we're all a bunch of Atheists tossed into a barrel for you to poke at. You also need to go back and read my post again. Not once did I say you referenced Hell in your dreams or anything else. I was answering your question which you posed. Are you really forgetful, just don't comprehend, or a total nutjob? I'm going with all three. And one more thing, if God didn't care about humans, then why did He create us in his own image? You seem to skirt the issues and then turn everything around.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,867

    Re: Is Hell Real?

    Quote Originally Posted by Detour View Post
    Once again, oh scholarly one, you assume I'm an Atheist. May I suggest you reference the Bible on quotes about Hell? Or would you prefer I give you a whole bunch of links? Being that you're such a good and wholesome Christian with no tolerance for anyone else's opinions, we're all a bunch of Atheists tossed into a barrel for you to poke at. You also need to go back and read my post again. Not once did I say you referenced Hell in your dreams or anything else. I was answering your question which you posed. Are you really forgetful, just don't comprehend, or a total nutjob? I'm going with all three. And one more thing, if God didn't care about humans, then why did He create us in his own image? You seem to skirt the issues and then turn everything around.
    You made the statement, back it up. Where in the Bible does God state, "Hell is a place that your all loving and forgiving God threatens everyone with if they don't "behave." There are fanatical religions who subscribe to that belief, but it is not in the Bible. Now, you're squirming out of what you posted. Isn't that lying?

    Here you go again distorting. You posted, "
    Being that you're such a good and wholesome Christian with no tolerance for anyone else's opinions, we're all a bunch of Atheists tossed into a barrel for you to poke at."

    Again, I never said I am a Christian. This is becoming an amusement park, you set up the lies and I knock them down like ducks in a pond. What other lies do you have for me?

    It would be best if you took a basic reading course. Let me help you out. First, read postings that you are criticizing before you blast away. That way it will be less embarrassing.

    Here is a good suggestion. Don't stereotype me. Look up the word, it applies to a lot of what you do.

    Last edited by Cnance; 07-04-2015 at 06:22 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    323

    Re: Is Hell Real?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Where is it written in the Bible that God threatens everyone with hell?
    As the Bible is the word of God, each of the SMALL sample below threatens eternity in hell for either sinners or non-believers.

    Revelation 21:8
    Matthew 25:46
    Psalm 9:17
    Thessalonians 1:9
    Matthew 13:50
    Acts 2:27
    Mark 9:43
    Jude 1:7
    Proverbs 23:14
    Matthew 13:42
    Matthew 25:41
    Revelation 19:20
    Proverbs 15:11
    Matthew 16:19
    Peter 2:4
    Matthew 10:28
    Ezekiel 18:20

    When humans die they become like other species, rotting flesh.
    And when the last human dies, so will God because humans have created him in their own image.


    .

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    98

    Re: Is Hell Real?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    You made the statement, back it up. Where in the Bible does God state, "Hell is a place that your all loving and forgiving God threatens everyone with if they don't "behave." There are fanatical religions who subscribe to that belief, but it is not in the Bible. Now, you're squirming out of what you posted. Isn't that lying?

    Here you go again distorting. You posted, "
    Being that you're such a good and wholesome Christian with no tolerance for anyone else's opinions, we're all a bunch of Atheists tossed into a barrel for you to poke at."

    Again, I never said I am a Christian. This is becoming an amusement park, you set up the lies and I knock them down like ducks in a pond. What other lies do you have for me?

    It would be best if you took a basic reading course. Let me help you out. First, read postings that you are criticizing before you blast away. That way it will be less embarrassing.

    Here is a good suggestion. Don't stereotype me. Look up the word, it applies to a lot of what you do.
    You can't read. I did not say the Bible states that exactly. However, Gazza provided you with quite a few links which you cannot dispute although your twisted mind will attempt it. And you call me a liar? You may not agree with what I've said, but I'm far from being a liar. You never said you were a Christian? Then what are you? I would assume that since you were reared a Christian and currently attend a "Baptist type" church that you yourself don't know. After continual reading your thoughts, I'm of the opinion that you've created your own religion that fits your needs and your morals. I am unable to define it. You state that you believe the Bible yet you get to pick and choose which parts you believe and claim to live by. That would just make you an angry hypocrite.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I was brought up a Christian, I have been a Catholic and a Protestant. My wife and I attend a Baptist type church.
    "Baptist type" would be "Christian type" if I'm not confused since the Baptist church is Christian. You see Cnance, you're all over the place without a direction except for possibly landing in Crazytown. I had a dream that I was flying through the Grand Canyon but I wasn't loony enough to believe it really happened or was a premonition once I awoke.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,867

    Re: Is Hell Real?

    Quote Originally Posted by Detour View Post
    You can't read. I did not say the Bible states that exactly. However, Gazza provided you with quite a few links which you cannot dispute although your twisted mind will attempt it. And you call me a liar? You may not agree with what I've said, but I'm far from being a liar. You never said you were a Christian? Then what are you? I would assume that since you were reared a Christian and currently attend a "Baptist type" church that you yourself don't know. After continual reading your thoughts, I'm of the opinion that you've created your own religion that fits your needs and your morals. I am unable to define it. You state that you believe the Bible yet you get to pick and choose which parts you believe and claim to live by. That would just make you an angry hypocrite.




    "Baptist type" would be "Christian type" if I'm not confused since the Baptist church is Christian. You see Cnance, you're all over the place without a direction except for possibly landing in Crazytown. I had a dream that I was flying through the Grand Canyon but I wasn't loony enough to believe it really happened or was a premonition once I awoke.
    I have no religion to declare. Believing in God, angels, and heaven, does not require me to have a religion.

    I do not have a twisted mind. It amuses how brave people are behind their computers.

    I was not going to reply to mostly hostile replies, but your reply has some merit. If you had read my dream thread, which I hope dies, you would know that my dreams have told me things about God and the Bible. First, God attempted to establish his holy kingdom on earth by choosing certain people, beginning with Abraham. Yes, I attend a Baptist church, but I do that for two reasons, the people are sincere in their desire to live better lives, and my wife is a dedicated Christian. I don't discuss my dreams and visions with them. It would be just like here on this forum, a lot of confusion and unfriendly reactions. With atheists, it is mostly hostile reactions.

    Based on my dreams and visions, I have no religion to sell. If I had to chose, I may be a Jew, that is because Judaism is closer to the religion God wanted to establish on earth. I am not an angry hypocrite. I have no religion to promote, so how can I be a hypocrite? Also, I am not angry, I am sad that things have not worked out for humans. If you want to label me, I am a believer in God with no religion. Based on my dreams and visions, I have found different meaning in the Bible than others. I don't think my beliefs fit anywhere. I have a strange feeling that there is no salvation. I have had no single dream or vision that hints of salvation.

    I certainly don't like to be called crazy, which is a good reason for me not to post here, or anywhere. We live in a scientific era where deviant behavior or unfamiliar ideas are often labelled as mental illness. Sorry, I don't buy it. Based on current ideas about normal behavior, all the prophets would be undergoing therapy or in mental hospitals.

    I posted my dreams at the request of the moderator. I realize now that was a mistake. It is easy to find a things to attack in my thread. I was surprised that people don't understand the meaning of symbols. I have found God uses symbols to communicate with humans. Ignoring symbolic meanings, atheists have a lot of material to make fun of.
    Last edited by Cnance; 07-06-2015 at 06:39 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,867

    Re: Is Hell Real?

    Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    Cnance, when I asked you to share your dreams, it wasn't a moderators request, it was me as a forum member discussing the topic with you, another forum member. Whenever I give a warning to a forum member, that is about moderation of the forum, I am sure to tell the member it is a Mod Warning.

    I feel bad you regret posting your dreams but I know many who have read the thread appreciate you sharing something very personal.

    You have posted on this forum for quite a while now and you do realize at times anyone can receive a reply that may be rude or hurtful. Hopefully you can just let it go and continue participating in the discussions in the religious forum.
    Thanks for the clarification.

    As for your comments about my posting the thread. Accept for you, I have not received a positive reply, some have been misleading, or even insulting. I should know better, atheists dominate the religious forum. So far, I have no friendly questions from them on this forum.

    I will try to forget it. When the dream thread dies there will be less controversy.
    Last edited by Cnance; 07-06-2015 at 07:40 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    98

    Re: Is Hell Real?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I should know better, atheists dominate the religious forum. So far, I have no friendly questions from them on this forum.
    Another blanket statement where you assume I'm an Atheist. You called me an Atheist more than once and the fact is, you just don't know. I'm an Atheist to you only because I questioned your posts. That is the typical response from anyone involved in fundamental religion. I could go as far as to call you a liar like you so disrespectfully did to me. I'm better than that. You need to study your Bible some more, a lot more.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    98

    Re: Is Hell Real?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I will try to forget it. When the dream thread dies there will be less controversy.
    I doubt if you'll have much to worry about there. With the amount of entire threads that magically disappear from here, yours is likely to be supernaturally sucked into the abyss.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,867

    Re: Is Hell Real?

    Quote Originally Posted by Detour View Post
    Another blanket statement where you assume I'm an Atheist. You called me an Atheist more than once and the fact is, you just don't know. I'm an Atheist to you only because I questioned your posts. That is the typical response from anyone involved in fundamental religion. I could go as far as to call you a liar like you so disrespectfully did to me. I'm better than that. You need to study your Bible some more, a lot more.
    You refuse to tell me anything about yourself, and yet you expect others to answer personal questions. Why is that? Your statements are really weird, as if you don't understand what you read. You say I belong to fundamentalist religion. More than once, I stated I have no religious affiliation. Now, you tell me to read the Bible when you indicate no understanding of it. You just make it up, or you have a mental problem. Which is it?

    Why should I debate with someone who refuses to tell me what they believe?
    Last edited by Cnance; 07-06-2015 at 11:04 PM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    98

    Re: Is Hell Real?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    You refuse to tell me anything about yourself, and yet you expect others to answer personal questions. Why is that? Your statements are really weird, as if you don't understand what you read. You say I belong to fundamentalist religion. More than once, I stated I have no religious affiliation. Now, you tell me to read the Bible when you indicate no understanding of it. You just make it up, or you have a mental problem. Which is it?

    Why should I debate with someone who refuses to tell me what they believe?
    I did tell you. I guess you're the one with the reading comprehension, just as I pointed out to you in several posts. For example, did I say you yourself were involved in fundamental religion? No, I did not. You need to read it again. I said, "That is the typical response from anyone involved in fundamental religion." You can insert your name into that if you like, but again, you make way too many assumptions. Let's face it, you're delusional. Maybe a better description would be "a mess." I did really have to chuckle when you said my statements are "really weird." That is quite a put down coming from someone (you) that believes his dreams are about the truth of your interpretation of God, the Bible, Heaven, etc. I hope I made my last statement very clear.

Similar Threads

  1. Is Hell Hot?
    By terry05_99 in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 08-17-2018, 12:37 PM
  2. Mankind is screwed ... Global Warming is real as hell
    By Liberal and Proud in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-22-2017, 05:21 AM
  3. Hell in a Well
    By Qi123 in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 10:55 AM
  4. What the hell are we doing here?
    By bogie in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-04-2007, 05:57 PM
  5. YES..There is a real hell!!!
    By Okiedokie in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-01-2006, 08:07 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •