+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Do people want freedom from God?

Do humans have a natural inclination to disobey God?

When God's spirit lifted the prophet Ezekiel up to for a holy task, Ezekiel said, "and I went in bitterness and in the anger of my spirit, with the strong hand of the Lord on me." Ezekiel 3:14.
    Last edited by Cnance; 06-29-2015 at 11:07 PM.

Re: Do people want freedom from God?

dont forget jonah!? that does indicate that we are led to do things against our OWN will but do it anyway!? :bah: : :spin2:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    dont forget jonah!? that does indicate that we are led to do things against our OWN will but do it anyway!? :bah: : :spin2:
    I think it is important for a relationship with God. It is clear from the Old Testament that the Lord wants His Commandments obeyed. Humans don't always agree with what God commandments, but there is little choice.
    In the end, God's will is superior to humans.

my point was you dont have to agree with god to do his will!? you seem to be selling a you HAVE TO agree with god and the BOOK is the definitive source of submission!? i am saying god himself commands submission when he calls on you so to speak!? you are sayin we should try to make ourselves follow his wishes as expressed in a book as dictated by others that have read it!? that's pretty complicated if ya ask me!? like the book says, the answer is AT HAND!? that denotes real FEET on the STREET type interactions!? :nervouss:::freak3::chicken:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

my point was you dont have to agree with god to do his will!? you seem to be selling a you HAVE TO agree with god and the BOOK is the definitive source of submission!? i am saying god himself commands submission when he calls on you so to speak!? you are sayin we should try to make ourselves follow his wishes as expressed in a book as dictated by others that have read it!? that's pretty complicated if ya ask me!? like the book says, the answer is AT HAND!? that denotes real FEET on the STREET type interactions!? :nervouss:::freak3::chicken:
    I agree. We know God's word in our heart and our conscience. Metaphorically speaking as soon as we took a bite of the apple.

Genesis 2:16-17

The LORD God commanded the man, saying, "From any tree of the garden you may eat freely; but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die."

I did not have in mind the Bible, although it has moral commandments to follow. I was referring to direct commandments. I know that is more hypothetical than real, but in OT times it did happen. One example is when Abraham was asked to sacrifice his son, Issac Genesis 22. Abraham was about to obey the commandment when God intervened with His angel and substituted a Ram for his son.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I did not have in mind the Bible, although it has moral commandments to follow. I was referring to direct commandments. I know that is more hypothetical than real, but in OT times it did happen. One example is when Abraham was asked to sacrifice his son, Issac Genesis 22. Abraham was about to obey the commandment when God intervened with His angel and substituted a Ram for his son.
    ok your saying the bible MENTIONS some things that actually happened and alot of other things that did NOT!? or your just interpreting from KEY events things that support your VIEWS/OPINIONS!? my feeling about morality is that it is either a FORCE of mind in your life or NOT?! it is called conscience and may deserve it's own thread sometime!? i will tell you the hardest thing for me to realize is that THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO!? we tend to make enemies based on our own level of CONSCIENCE/ABILTY vs another who lacks these traits of character!? :bah::crazy1::spin2:
    Last edited by lexx; 07-10-2015 at 08:58 PM.

I think it is important for a relationship with God. It is clear from the Old Testament that the Lord wants His Commandments obeyed. Humans don't always agree with what God commandments, but there is little choice.
    In the end, God's will is superior to humans
    So much for free will, huh?!
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    So much for free will, huh?!
    No, you still have free will. You have the "choice" to reject God. You know the consequences and you are still choosing to reject God.

I'd say you still have free will.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

ok your saying the bible MENTIONS some things that actually happened and alot of other things that did NOT!? or your just interpreting from KEY events things that support your VIEWS/OPINIONS!? my feeling about morality is that it is either a FORCE of mind in your life or NOT?! it is called conscience and may deserve it's own thread sometime!? i will tell you the hardest thing for me to realize is that THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO!? we tend to make enemies based on our own level of CONSCIENCE/ABILTY vs another who lacks these traits of character!? :bah::crazy1::spin2:
    How about a psychopathic personality? Evidently, they have little or no conscience, and do bad things without remorse. That, of course, complicates the issue. I think more people have a conscious, they know right from wrong. If they were given a direct commandment from God, do we assume they have freewill to accept or reject it? Assuming the best of all worlds, they would make the right choice, or reject God's commandment by finding justification. Where is freewill? It seems to be difficult to define. In a unambiguous world, you would assume, people know good from evil, right from wrong? What kind of world do we live in? I guess, it all depends. In the final analysis, I believe God has the last word as to how good or bad we are. Human reaction to a direct command from God might be the ultimate test.
    Last edited by Cnance; 07-15-2015 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    No, you still have free will. You have the "choice" to reject God. You know the consequences and you are still choosing to reject God.

I'd say you still have free will.
    If I'm holding a gun to your head, how 'free' is your will, what kind of 'choice' is that?

As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    If I'm holding a gun to your head, how 'free' is your will, what kind of 'choice' is that?
    So who's holding a gun to your head forcing you to accept God?

Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

oops i missed your point.........so give us an example of a direct commandment from god!? :nervouss::chicken::spin2::

oops i missed your point.........so give us an example of a direct commandment from god!? :nervouss::chicken::spin2::
    The incident with Abraham and his son is one. I believe most of the incidents happened with God's chosen people during OT times. I think everything has been downhill since then. God discovered humans won't obey His commandments. It is really that simple. In heaven, there can be no competing gods or ideologies. I have had one dream, mentioned on this thread which summarizes the entire problem between humans and God. Referring to OT times, God said, "they would not obey my commandments, not one single commandment."

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    So who's holding a gun to your head forcing you to accept God?

Gee, think for a minute, it might come to you...
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

ok i was just RUMINATING about nuthin and re-read the post title and it hit me people CONFUSE god with THE LAW!? they just want freedom from THE LAW!? and of course this confusion leads to DISATISFACTION so the solution is BLAME god and just ignore him!? :rotz::bah::chicken::crazy1: