+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415

Re: Are gospel narratives lies?

you are just referring to the son of god stuff NOT all of the new testament writings!?
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

what i'd like to know is why the WEBSITE is MESSED UP!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    you are just referring to the son of god stuff NOT all of the new testament writings!?
    One cannot understand the New Testament as written unless you assume authors believe in the son of God, and therefore what they wrote is based on this assumption. If Jesus was God and not the son of God, most of the New Testament would be questionable. I find Revelation to be the only NT book with validity, it is about God's relationship with his creation, and that relationship is determined by the nature of God found in the Old Testament. I think the best way for understanding God is to conceive Him before he created the first creature. Knowing God is a duality, I have a bias. We know of course there is no empirical evidence for a theological argument. So, think about God without creatures!

God has himself (duality) as a companion. The two Gods decide to create companions (angels), it is for them to be part of His (duality) interaction, which, with creatures. becomes a meaningful and enjoyable. So, when God created angels He expected them to part of his world. When Satan separated from the "worship circle" he attempted to create "his own" worship circle. From there, problems of rebellion happened. So, there is God and surrounding by angels, and the remainder of God's creatures trying to exist without being in the presence of God. As for why we are here, it is from the fall of paradise after God imprisoned Satan in the universe, He created heaven on earth (paradise), then, Satan fouled everything up. Know you don't believe it, but had to post it.

One reason why everyone prefers Jesus to be the son of God as opposed to being God is because humans prefer "pagan gods."

i cant see ANY NEW posts in this thread since the website got messed up!!

One cannot understand the New Testament as written unless you assume authors believe in the son of God, and therefore what they wrote is based on this assumption. If Jesus was God and not the son of God, most of the New Testament would be questionable. I find Revelation to be the only NT book with validity, it is about God's relationship with his creation, and that relationship is determined by the nature of God found in the Old Testament. I think the best way for understanding God is to conceive Him before he created the first creature. Knowing God is a duality, I have a bias. We know of course there is no empirical evidence for a theological argument. So, think about God without creatures!

God has himself (duality) as a companion. The two Gods decide to create companions (angels), it is for them to be part of His (duality) interaction, which, with creatures. becomes a meaningful and enjoyable. So, when God created angels He expected them to part of his world. When Satan separated from the "worship circle" he attempted to create "his own" worship circle. From there, problems of rebellion happened. So, there is God and surrounding by angels, and the remainder of God's creatures trying to exist without being in the presence of God. As for why we are here, it is from the fall of paradise after God imprisoned Satan in the universe, He created heaven on earth (paradise), then, Satan fouled everything up. Know you don't believe it, but had to post it.

One reason why everyone prefers Jesus to be the son of God as opposed to being God is because humans prefer "pagan gods."

Reposted to test. Forum is doing weird stuff.

still cant read this thread beyond your asking to stay on topic!?

still cant read this thread beyond your asking to stay on topic!?
    It is all messed up. I post and it doesn't show on recent postings. And I keep getting a funny edit note. Must be a computer problem or something!

all your TOPICS are aimed at 1 thing.....trying to prove god was a man called jesus!? show us how god could be in heaven AND run around as a man at the same time and be able to die!? sorry very illogical on it's face!!

all your TOPICS are aimed at 1 thing.....trying to prove god was a man called jesus!? show us how god could be in heaven AND run around as a man at the same time and be able to die!? sorry very illogical on it's face!!
    Assuming God was Jesus, he would, of course be on earth, not in heaven, during his ministry. As for showing, you know there is no empirical evidence for one single religious statement. Even OT verses are not provable. However, we have archeological data for the Hebrew people and religious practices.

i cant see any posts past your demand to stay on topic!! are the gospel naratives lies!! let's say 1 were gonna INVENT a story! it would have to CONFORM you might say to a certain theme!? you would NOT want a lot of out of context remarks or conflicts to appear to break the flow so to speak! what kind of mind could concoct such a revelation!? the new testament is sufficiently unique to be interpreted as a concocted story!!

OK let's talk about the "LAMB" of god!? what's your take on it as the term LAMB is used as a SIGNIFIER!?

In order to discuss, you need to do some research. Here are references from some of my research. The main point is gospel stories changed over the time they were written from Jesus was a wise or sage person to "the son of God." If you don't do research, we cannot discuss! Here are some of my comments from some research. I can post other references, but it is a waste of time if you don't read it!

Here are some important references. The Missing Gospels by Darrell L. Bock,PH.D., The Lost Gospel Q by Burton L. Mack. The book by Mack is the most important. Using a brilliant analysis supported by the world's foremost biblical scholars, Mack traces the time line for the Jesus movement, documenting when Jesus movement leaders changed the Jesus narrative from Jesusa wise man to Jesus the son of God.
    There is no historical evidence for Joseph and Mary. What you find are what early church leaders wrote without historic affirmation. They, like NT authors, made up stories. Again, if you do serious research, you'll find prior gospels conflicting with NT gospels. Mostly, you don't find Jesus stories (narratives) in prior gospels.

Then,there is Jesus Before The Gospels by Bart D. Ehrman. It explains how the four gospels evolved, from rumors and story telling to gospel writing. None ofthe gospel authors were eyewitnesses, knew eyewitnesses, where Jewish, lived near Galilee where Jesus preached, spoke Hebrew, wrote Hebrew, or had known a follower of Jesus. Yet, they wrote as if they knew Jesus and all of his disciples. Ehrman's book is an excellent presentation of academic studies from psychology, anthropology, and sociology about memory, nature of group memories, and oral traditions. The four gospels were written (first by Mark and ending with John)from about 65 to 110 C.E. by men who gathered information from earlier gospels, rumors, oral traditions, and local Christian groups, not from eyewitnesses or other firsthand sources. By the time stories got to them, facts, and, most notably, narratives about Jesus had changed in so many different ways as to seriously question the real story about Jesus.

What if Jesus was God, and not the son of God? Most of the NTwould be false; it would be a conglomeration of misguided and irrelevantverses. Assuming there is no son of God, the Trinity would also be false. It would also explain why those early gospels quoted Jesus making references tothe "kingdom of God."

As for my comment about "the lamb of God" being Jews, I have posted comments about "the lamb of God in Revelation." Inasmuch as you refuse to read what I posted, I will not repeat it!

What you find is evidence for the inaccuracy of the NT gospels. If the NT Gospels were accurate, there would be convincing historical evidence, but there is not.

https://www.scam.com/showthread.php?...’t-Jesus!

So, making gospels is also a talent. xD So, I have never been able to create something interesting. Even the expression of my thoughts was a difficult task. Since then I am in habit of ordering essays on https://waywrite.com

Because the gospels underwent several revisions or interpretations whereas Jesus went from a wise or sage man to the son of God, we have sufficient information to doubt their authenticity.

Here are some important references. The Missing Gospels by Darrell L. Bock, PH.D., The Lost Gospel Q by Burton L. Mack. The book by Mack is the most important. Using a brilliant analysis supported by the world's foremost biblical scholars, Mack traces the time line for the Jesus movement, documenting when Jesus movement leaders changed the Jesus narrative from Jesus a wise man to Jesus the son of God.

There is no historical evidence for Joseph and Mary. What you find are what early church leaders wrote without historic affirmation. They, like NT authors, made up stories. Again, if you do serious research, you'll find prior gospels conflicting with NT gospels. Mostly, you don't find Jesus stories (narratives) in prior gospels.

Then, there is Jesus Before The Gospels by Bart D. Ehrman. It explains how the four gospels evolved, from rumors and story telling to gospel writing. None of the gospel authors were eyewitnesses, knew eyewitnesses, where Jewish, lived near Galilee where Jesus preached, spoke Hebrew, wrote Hebrew, or had known a follower of Jesus. Yet, they wrote as if they knew Jesus and all of his disciples. Ehrman's book is an excellent presentation of academic studies from psychology, anthropology, and sociology about memory, nature of group memories, and oral traditions. The four gospels were written (first by Mark and ending with John)from about 65 to 110 C.E. by men who gathered information from earlier gospels, rumors, oral traditions, and local Christian groups, not from eyewitnesses or other firsthand sources. By the time stories got to them, facts, and, most notably, narratives about Jesus had changed in so many different ways as to seriously question the real story about Jesus.

What if Jesus was God, and not the son of God? Most of the NT would be false; it would be a conglomeration of misguided and irrelevant verses. Assuming there is no son of God, the Trinity would also be false. It would also explain why those early gospels quoted Jesus making references to the "kingdom of God."
    Last edited by Cnance; 06-09-2019 at 06:17 PM.