+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516

Re: Are gospel narratives lies?

your fixation on revelations seems ODD except there you found your sought after "2" to align with your DREAMS!! JACKPOT!! 2 witnesses PROVES 2 gods!! HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE!! my theories have an unprovable match!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

I have read Jesus Before the Gospels by Bart D. Ehrman. The book raises serious questions about the validity of the four gospels. Mostly, what we know about the evolution of ideas leading to the gospels is there were serious questions about the identity of Jesus. Evidently, after much debate and rehashing of stories about Jesus, NT authors decided Jesus was the son of god, or, perhaps, God. However, if you assume Jesus was God, and not the son of God, the New Testament makes little, or no sense.

I have attempted, based on NT gospels, to construct a story about Jesus being God, and God being a duality, and what I have found is it doesnt work! As far as I can discern, the real story about Jesus will never be known. What I think happened is gospels writers ignored stories suggesting Jesus was God, and God as a duality. As stories about Jesus circulated, they were changed to reflect storyteller bias, and, later, storywriter bias, until original stories, or impressions about Jesus, had been significantly altered. If, based on my supernatural dreams and visions, Jesus was God, and God is a duality, it is not possible to construct the true story about Jesus because we dont have reliable historical records about the true words of Jesus.

So, with my understanding of Jesus as God, and God as a duality, I have attempted to reconstruct from NT gospel material, the true story about Jesus. It just wont work! Assuming Jesus was God, NT verses about the son of God make the New Testament unreliable. Gospel verses are meaningless because they were written to communicate son of God meanings. There are verses in the gospels about the kingdom of heaven, but those verses do not connect Jesus with the kingdom of heaven except with reference to my fathers kingdom, or to an abstraction of meaning, so as to suggest Jesus was not God, he just knew about God and His heavenly kingdom. We find, however, in the gospel of John, references to Jesus as God, but, mostly, the context of those references is to Jesus as the son of God. My theory is NT witnesses, those immediately following the death of Jesus, may have spoken about Jesus as he spoke to his disciples, but, as time progressed, stories changed to reflect cultural expectations, or what Christian leaders thought about Jesus. In particular, based on a dream I had about a Roman soldier beating Jesus with his fist, I know Jesus was not crucified. See Revelation 11 about the "two witnesses" for a true story about Jesus (God). The Revelation story is short, but, as an abbreviated account, it is accurate.

so cnance had DREAMS and therefore the gospels are FALSE!? kind of a STRETCH!! i dont ever RECALL that jesus CLAIMED to be god!? why would god HIDE THAT FACT!? you CANT KILL god!! even IF he WAS a MAN!! besides even if he APPEARED to be a MAN it was just the FORM of a MAN not an ACTUAL MAN!! an INDESTRUCTIBLE FORM!! so nobody could BEAT UP this FORM or harm it in any way!! that's my LOGICAL conclusion!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

When will lexx read the Bible? For Jesus being God, see Council of Nicea (325 CE) and the impact of their decision. I admit to having a controversial view about Jesus. It makes little difference, most people prefer pagan gods. I will, however, post what I know about Jesus. It is difficult to think of God having a son, when, according to logic, God is eternal. How can an eternal God have a son? Knowing a son has a time line, God cannot be eternal. There would be eternal God before the son, and mortal God after the son. Oh, yes, When did it happen? The idea is preposterous. My dreams have indicated Jesus was God, and God is a duality. There is no Trinity! Much of the New Testament is in error!

I have read Jesus Before the Gospels by Bart D. Ehrman. The book raises serious questions about the validity of the four gospels. Mostly, what we know about the evolution of ideas leading to the gospels is there were serious questions about the identity of Jesus. Evidently, after much debate and rehashing of stories about Jesus, NT authors decided Jesus was the son of god, or, perhaps, God. However, if you assume Jesus was God, and not the son of God, the New Testament makes little, or no sense.

I have attempted, based on NT gospels, to construct a story about Jesus being God, and God being a duality, and what I have found is it doesnt work! As far as I can discern, the real story about Jesus will never be known. What I think happened is gospels writers ignored stories suggesting Jesus was God, and God as a duality. As stories about Jesus circulated, they were changed to reflect storyteller bias, and, later, storywriter bias, until original stories, or impressions about Jesus, had been significantly altered. If, based on my supernatural dreams and visions, Jesus was God, and God is a duality, it is not possible to construct the true story about Jesus because we dont have reliable historical records about the true words of Jesus.

So, with my understanding of Jesus as God, and God as a duality, I have attempted to reconstruct from NT gospel material, the true story about Jesus. It just wont work! Assuming Jesus was God, NT verses about the son of God make the New Testament unreliable. Gospel verses are meaningless because they were written to communicate son of God meanings. There are verses in the gospels about the kingdom of heaven, but those verses do not connect Jesus with the kingdom of heaven except with reference to my fathers kingdom, or to an abstraction of meaning, so as to suggest Jesus was not God, he just knew about God and His heavenly kingdom. We find, however, in the gospel of John, references to Jesus as God, but, mostly, the context of those references is to Jesus as the son of God. My theory is NT witnesses, those immediately following the death of Jesus, may have spoken about Jesus as he spoke to his disciples, but, as time progressed, stories changed to reflect cultural expectations, or what Christian leaders thought about Jesus. In particular, based on a dream I had about a Roman soldier beating Jesus with his fist, I know Jesus was not crucified. See Revelation 11 about the "two witnesses" for a true story about Jesus (God). The story is short, but, as an abbreviated account, it is accurate.
    Last edited by Cnance; 05-26-2020 at 06:36 AM.

its an INTERESTING PUZZLE as to WHAT IS a MAN!! he is a CREATURE made of component parts! 1 of which is SPIRIT which is ETERNAL!! yet man can DIE as a MATERIAL FORM! in other words cease to FUNCTION as a complex organism in a 3 dimensional EXISTENCE!! his component that links him to the eternal is SPIRIT! man JOINS himself to SPIRIT thru MIND! it is SPIRIT that DIRECTS all his WAYS and DESIRES!! it is SPIRIT that will determine his AFTER DEATH EXISTENCE!!

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    its an INTERESTING PUZZLE as to WHAT IS a MAN!! he is a CREATURE made of component parts! 1 of which is SPIRIT which is ETERNAL!! yet man can DIE as a MATERIAL FORM! in other words cease to FUNCTION as a complex organism in a 3 dimensional EXISTENCE!! his component that links him to the eternal is SPIRIT! man JOINS himself to SPIRIT thru MIND! it is SPIRIT that DIRECTS all his WAYS and DESIRES!! it is SPIRIT that will determine his AFTER DEATH EXISTENCE!!
    Apparently, you have been reading science fiction. Human spirit is not eternal, it is mortal, indicating nonexistence when life ends. Only God is eternal! You are inferring the human spirit has God like powers. No, just like other species, when we die the dark curtain of death is drawn. Religion offers hope, and some religions guarantee salvation, but no one but the dead know, and they are not around to tell us. Oh, if you believe in ghost stories, anything is possible. LOL

I like your idea about our mind being the conduit to a spirit life, at least our imagination can lead us on. With a quick wit, we can imagine almost anything!

As for 3 dimensional existence. You are just saying our world continues, but we have no way of knowing in what form. So, we rely on clerical people to inform us, and they only know what they make up, or have been told by others who have made it up. Without a vivid imagination, life is dull. Satan is our greatest enemy.

The real story about the supernatural is found with evolution of the species. After the angels told God about a new species dominating earth, God decided to intervene. The story in found in the Old Testament. At first God selected Abraham, then others, until we had Jews as God's chosen people. Then, Satan intervened to destroy God's plans as well as God's chosen people. In today's world, Anti-Semitism is very pervasive!

Satan is humankinds greatest enemy.
    Last edited by Cnance; 05-26-2020 at 01:45 PM.

I'VE never seen any PROOF HUMAN'S are a SPIRIT apart from the ASSOCIATION with the SPIRIT KINGDOM!! man is a SOUL! not a SPIRIT!! and this SOUL MARRIES to SPIRIT good or evil!! this the JOB of his EMOTIONAL MIND!!

I'VE never seen any PROOF HUMAN'S are a SPIRIT apart from the ASSOCIATION with the SPIRIT KINGDOM!! man is a SOUL! not a SPIRIT!! and this SOUL MARRIES to SPIRIT good or evil!! this the JOB of his EMOTIONAL MIND!!
    Very imaginative. However, I see little practical application. Everyday examples of behavior must be applied to make sense of rules for behavior.

I guess anyone with an imagination one can make up any combination of things about the "soul." You say "man is a soul! not a spirit!!" And then there is the emotional mind? Oh, I see, we have different minds depending on our imagination. Okay, where does this go? Do you know the difference between a soul and a spirit? Aren't they just words to represent feelings?

Let's boil it down. We have minds dividing into functions. When we decide to do this or that, we have emotions or feelings about what we do. Most humans learn right from wrong, which influences actions. In the area of religion, depending on religious believes, we divide up our daily lives into actions based on our beliefs. You see, it is all psychological. Or, if you don't like psychology, you can call is good or bad behavior based on norms and values, which divides up our beliefs according plans of action or everyday conduct. So, if you are an atheist, all behavior is related to feelings about what we do. If you are religious, actions are related to what our religion dictates about behavior. Hey, this is fun. Now, you try it. Break down behavior into categories of interpretation, either psychological or religious, or, if you like, call it "spiritual life." You see how it goes? It depends on your frame of reference for determining interpretation of human behavior.

We can also break behavior into social institutions. In this context, we have the following social areas of behavior: economic, religious, political, educational, family, and military. In all of these areas of activity, there are norms and values, which one learns for conducting daily activities. If you take it a step further, you can envision the entire society insofar as everyone is busy fulfilling social roles related to social institutional areas of commitment. For a predictive model, one can see patterns of social behavior according to individual levels of commitment based on social institutional areas of activity.

As for moral conduct, it happens when we apply religious standards, or, if you will, God's commandments to everyday behavior.

This discuss is all about human behavior on earth or in secular society. I propose it is different when, or if, we are in heaven. Human rules of behavior don't apply in heaven. It is all about the two Gods in a sphere, where they have been for all of eternity. I propose there is no possible way we can apply secular rules of conduct to heaven. One must understand the two Gods and their purpose. Heaven has little to do with human societies. So, God has given us ideas about himself and what he expects. Mostly, God requires obedience to his commandments because, otherwise, there would be anarchy or disruptions in heaven. I know, of course, there are many ideas about the hereafter, or heaven. Based on my dream about Satan in heaven, I have a good picture of what would happen if there were souls in heaven with competing agendas, or individual quests for existence.
    Last edited by Cnance; 05-26-2020 at 11:18 PM.

If you take out the son of God from the NT, it is story of a divine man who gave testimony and then was murdered by men. I believe Revelation 11 about the two witnesses is the true story about Jesus. In short, the NT is not fake, just not accurate. I had a dream, which I have posted on my dream thread. It was about OT times with God's chosen people. A voice said, "It happened, but not that way." That, of course, allows for many interpretations. Back then writers of the gospels jazzed up things with colorful stories. I have done the best I can finding meaning in the Bible. My dreams and visions have given me new insights. I know it is all controversial, but that is the way it is. I would be surprised if anyone accepted my interpretation of the Bible, so I don't think anyone has anything to worry about. The big problem however, if I am right, we can't count on being saved for believing the "gospel message." Because Jews have not significantly altered their holy books, they may have the true story.

sorry DIVINITY cant be MURDERED!! it's SPIRITUAL!! and SPIRIT cannot be DESTROYED!! it's IMMORTAL!! yes you are the 1 concerned with BEHAVIOR to the EXTREME!! man has many minds!! 1 brain!! all MINDS of ACTION are EMOTIONAL!! the intellect mind is just an OBSERVER and REASONING SUGGESTER!! the difference in PEOPLE is mostly based on 2 things. their EMOTIONAL EDUCATION and their use of HALLUCINOGENS!! how much heredity plays is also a factor genetically. man is a SOUL which is married to SPIRIT! of course most do alot of RUNNING AROUND and CHEATING with devil spirits!! some are a SLAVE to such behavior!! that is probably hereditary and/or drug induced! the gospels are loaded with information about man and his life here and after!

sorry DIVINITY cant be MURDERED!! it's SPIRITUAL!! and SPIRIT cannot be DESTROYED!! it's IMMORTAL!! yes you are the 1 concerned with BEHAVIOR to the EXTREME!! man has many minds!! 1 brain!! all MINDS of ACTION are EMOTIONAL!! the intellect mind is just an OBSERVER and REASONING SUGGESTER!! the difference in PEOPLE is mostly based on 2 things. their EMOTIONAL EDUCATION and their use of HALLUCINOGENS!! how much heredity plays is also a factor genetically. man is a SOUL which is married to SPIRIT! of course most do alot of RUNNING AROUND and CHEATING with devil spirits!! some are a SLAVE to such behavior!! that is probably hereditary and/or drug induced! the gospels are loaded with information about man and his life here and after!
    As usual, lexx's posting has little or nothing to do with what I post. It is gibberish. To check my assessment, I read it to a member of my family, and there is agreement, it is almost totally unrelated. So, where do we go from here? I will continue to post what I please with little regard to nonsense. Sometimes, I connect with a lexx posting, but as anyone can observer, it is like trying to catch a bouncing ball in the dark!

It would help if lexx read the Bible, but based on past experience it won't happen. I could recommend books for lexx to read, but I have done that. It is a waste of time.
    Last edited by Cnance; 05-29-2020 at 12:26 AM.

cnance says the gospels are a LIE!? i am simply showing what they SAY is TRUE!! hell knows WHAT member of his family DARE DISAGREE with HIM!! he's like tRUMP!! if you DISAGREE, YOUR FIRED!!

It would help if lexx read the Bible, but based on past experience it won't happen. I could recommend books for lexx to read, but I have done that. It is a waste of time. Lexx is a true blue intellectual, except he can't find a membership club. LOL

Lexx post one forum comment where you quoted the Bible! What page was it? You can try, but you can't get away with BS. Read the Bible! I know it will never happen. Hey, I got it, Lexx can't read the Bible, it would cause a huge headache. So Sad.

Last edited by Cnance; 05-30-2020 at 02:41 PM.