+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Are gospel narratives lies?

Where do you find the gospel narratives outside the New Testament? They are not found in other gospels, the ones rejected by early Christian leaders. Apparently, there were several dozen gospels in circulation before the final selection. We do not find any of the NT narratives in other gospels, the ones rejected by church leaders. Mostly, what we find are Jesus sayings. Based on historical documents and those other gospels, those narratives didn't happen.

It appears as if those narratives were concocted by NT gospel authors. They didn't happen!

Re: Are gospel narratives lies?

Blasphemer!!!

;-)
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

another idea if the new testament is FAKE the whole BIBLE is FAKE!? or if their are just errors here and there their the whole thing has errors here and there!? and that would mean god allowed a FAKE book to be written about him THRU official REPRESENTATIVES of his CHURCH?! of course how can there even be CHURCHES if the new testament is FALSE!? :bah:::1crysad:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    another idea if the new testament is FAKE the whole BIBLE is FAKE!? or if their are just errors here and there their the whole thing has errors here and there!? and that would mean god allowed a FAKE book to be written about him THRU official REPRESENTATIVES of his CHURCH?! of course how can there even be CHURCHES if the new testament is FALSE!? :bah:::1crysad:
    If you take out the son of God from the NT, it is story of a divine man who gave testimony and then was murdered by men. I believe Revelation 11 about the two witnesses is the true story about Jesus. In short, the NT is not fake, just not accurate. I had a dream, which I have posted on my dream thread. It was about OT times with God's chosen people. A voice said, "It happened, but not that way." That, of course, allows for many interpretations. Back then writers of the gospels jazzed up things with colorful stories. I have done the best I can finding meaning in the Bible. My dreams and visions have given me new insights. I know it is all controversial, but that is the way it is. I would be surprised if anyone accepted my interpretation of the Bible, so I don't think anyone has anything to worry about. The big problem however, if I am right, we can't count on being saved for believing the "gospel message." Because Jews have not significantly altered their holy books, they may have the true story.

if by true story you mean they are still WAITING for the "TRUE SAVIOR" then i can understand that position!? :elvis: :rain::rryumy::
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

if by true story you mean they are still WAITING for the "TRUE SAVIOR" then i can understand that position!? :elvis: :rain::rryumy::
    No, what I mean is they wrote about their experiences with God in their holy books (Old Testament). I believe the true savior has been on earth, it was Jesus Christ, who was God. I know it is difficult for us to understand how Jesus could have been God, but that is what I have learned from my dreams and visions. In particular, my vision about two attached pearls, each of equal size, is important for understanding God as a duality. That partly explains why NT authors thought Jesus was both father and son.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    No, what I mean is they wrote about their experiences with God in their holy books (Old Testament). I believe the true savior has been on earth, it was Jesus Christ, who was God. I know it is difficult for us to understand how Jesus could have been God, but that is what I have learned from my dreams and visions. In particular, my vision about two attached pearls, each of equal size, is important for understanding God as a duality. That partly explains why NT authors thought Jesus was both father and son.
    ok i have been thinking about this spontaneously and i have to say its true that jesus had all the power of god at hand so to speak and i dont think that necessarily negates the holy spirit/trinity..........you know 1 wonders how different sects of religion originate and YOU may be a perfect example!? i also had some insight about the dinosaurs......save that for another post....:rryumy::::elvis:

ok i have been thinking about this spontaneously and i have to say its true that jesus had all the power of god at hand so to speak and i dont think that necessarily negates the holy spirit/trinity..........you know 1 wonders how different sects of religion originate and YOU may be a perfect example!? i also had some insight about the dinosaurs......save that for another post....:rryumy::::elvis:
    Sorry, I have no ambition to start religious sect. No one would accept a religion with such pessimism.

Sorry, I have no ambition to start religious sect. No one would accept a religion with such pessimism.
    i guess we have to DEFINE a pessimistic religious sect!? i have to admit on the surface yours looks like a WHOPPER!? :crazy1::yelcutelaughA::errr:

i guess we have to DEFINE a pessimistic religious sect!? i have to admit on the surface yours looks like a WHOPPER!? :crazy1::yelcutelaughA::errr:
    Not intended, may have just happened. It is inconceivable for anyone to get excited about ideas derived from dreams and visions. Religions usual begin with promises related to salvation.
    Whatever reason excites people will start the movement. I have an obsession for God's truth, that is not what sells a religion, especially when that truth doesn't promote humans as God's favorite species.
    Last edited by Cnance; 07-16-2015 at 10:09 PM.

Not intended, may have just happened. It is inconceivable for anyone to get excited about ideas derived from dreams and visions. Religions usual begin with promises related to salvation.
    Whatever reason excites people will start the movement. I have an obsession for God's truth, that is not what sells a religion, especially when that truth doesn't promote humans as God's favorite species.
    How do you KNOW what gawds 'truth' is? You don't...you're basing your 'truth' on your dreams.

You 'believe'...you have 'faith', but you don't KNOW.

Be honest about this...see past your delusions, for once!
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    How do you KNOW what gawds 'truth' is? You don't...you're basing your 'truth' on your dreams.

You 'believe'...you have 'faith', but you don't KNOW.

Be honest about this...see past your delusions, for once!
    If I was dishonest and lied you would agree with me if I said there is no God. However, you will always disagree with me because you don't think God exists.

For this thread you could do some research. By looking at historical documents you could discover the truth. Either the gospel narratives are in prior gospels or they aren't. However, I don't think you can do the research, your bad attitude about God would get in the way.
    Last edited by Cnance; 07-17-2015 at 09:46 PM.

here's an angle based on another posters comments.......the dreams are symbolic but the INTERPRETATION is DEMONIC!? :freak3::spin2::smurf:

If I was dishonest and lied you would agree with me if I said there is no God. However, you will always disagree with me because you don't think God exists.
    Are you for real?

What does that even mean?

You should just give it up.

No one here is ready to start believing in your garbage. You should go and peddle your wares elsewhere.

For this thread you could do some research. By looking at historical documents you could discover the truth. Either the gospel narratives are in prior gospels or they aren't. However, I don't think you can do the research, your bad attitude about God would get in the way.
    Stumped again, huh?!

I understand.

Keep the faith!

At least its fun watching you pretend to know what you don't know...
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Stumped again, huh?!

I understand.

Keep the faith!

At least its fun watching you pretend to know what you don't know...
    I just challenged you to do some research about the NT narratives. Apparently, you have no ability to do anything. Your comments are the stupidest on the forum, often having nothing to do with the posting.