+ Reply to Thread

Is the US becoming like Sodom and Gomorrah?

Because of sexual immorality God decided to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah. Here is a brief summary of what happened. Two angels arrived in Sodom to warn Lot and his family of God's judgement. Apparently, the men of the town wanted to have sex with the two angels who were disguised as men. Men of Sodom surrounded the house. "They called out to Lot, 'Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out so we can have sex with them.'"

The angels persuaded Lot to take his wife and two daughters away from the city. Then, God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah.

Re: Is the US becoming like Sodom and Gomorrah?

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Because of sexual immorality God decided to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah. Here is a brief summary of what happened. Two angels arrived in Sodom to warn Lot and his family of God's judgement. Apparently, the men of the town wanted to have sex with the two angels who were disguised as men. Men of Sodom surrounded the house. "They called out to Lot, 'Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out so we can have sex with them.'"

The angels persuaded Lot to take his wife and two daughters away from the city. Then, God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah.
    Lot also pleaded with God not to destroy the city if he could find 50, 10, 5 or even 1 good person in the city. God granted Lot's request.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

You've indicated more than once here that the bible isn't entirely "accurate"...how do you know this story/fable actually happened?

Is there any evidence of the cities being torched, aside from the bibles account?

How does gays being able to marry legally move the US toward being more like S&G?

Also, if god creates gays, how is being gay "immoral?" Could that position be one of the "inaccurate" parts of the bible that was mostly influenced by the culture of homophobic men at the time?
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    You've indicated more than once here that the bible isn't entirely "accurate"...how do you know this story/fable actually happened?

Is there any evidence of the cities being torched, aside from the bibles account?

How does gays being able to marry legally move the US toward being more like S&G?

Also, if god creates gays, how is being gay "immoral?" Could that position be one of the "inaccurate" parts of the bible that was mostly influenced by the culture of homophobic men at the time?
    Mostly, I don't believe the New Testament is accurate. If you research it you will find the other gospels do not have the narratives found in the gospels. Also, because I believe Jesus was God and not the son of God I doubt their accuracy. As you know the Bible is not science, it requires faith. I am sure there are others who disagree with me.

I recall reading years ago that archaeologists had found some evidence of ancient burned cities.

By legal, it has become a done deal, it will not reverse or change.

I understand that argument about God creating gays, so why is it immoral? God also created poisonous snakes which harm humans. I think it is very complex. Most people have a problem with all the laws in the Old Testament. I refer not to judge, I'll let others do that. I accept God's Commandments. The fact that most people won't obey the commandments is not surprising, they prefer their own ways.
    Last edited by Cnance; 06-30-2015 at 11:10 PM.

Mostly, I don't believe the New Testament is accurate. If you research it you will find the other gospels do not have the narratives found in the gospels. Also, because I believe Jesus was God and not the son of God I doubt their accuracy. As you know the Bible is not science, it requires faith. I am sure there are others who disagree with me.

I recall reading years ago that archaeologists had found some evidence of ancient burned cities.

By legal, it has become a done deal, it will not reverse or change.

I understand that argument about God creating gays, so why is it immoral? God also created poisonous snakes which harm humans. I think it is very complex. Most people have a problem with all the laws in the Old Testament. I refer not to judge, I'll let others do that. I accept God's Commandments. The fact that most people won't obey the commandments is not surprising, they prefer their own ways.
    ok if you could understand WHY you accept them (commandments)while others may NOT (sometimes or always) !? you did mention lower social classes i guess you are NOT of such ILK as they say and enjoy the blessings of a moderate and protected environment so to speak!? in other words you KNOW what it takes to stay ahead of the game as they say and apply this knowledge to the proper actions required/defined by AUTHORITIES either spontaneously or PLANNED!? :rryumy::spin2::yelcutelaughA::freak3:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    ok if you could understand WHY you accept them (commandments)while others may NOT (sometimes or always) !? you did mention lower social classes i guess you are NOT of such ILK as they say and enjoy the blessings of a moderate and protected environment so to speak!? in other words you KNOW what it takes to stay ahead of the game as they say and apply this knowledge to the proper actions required/defined by AUTHORITIES either spontaneously or PLANNED!? :rryumy::spin2::yelcutelaughA::freak3:
    I don't think social class has anything to do with it. Every society is different, and historical times is important. Factoring in social class makes it difficult to figure out. Let us just say humans should obey God's commandments regardless of social circumstances, although they may be more difficult without resources. In OT times, Abraham may be considered upper class because he owned a lot of stock.

I don't think social class has anything to do with it. Every society is different, and historical times is important. Factoring in social class makes it difficult to figure out. Let us just say humans should obey God's commandments regardless of social circumstances, although they may be more difficult without resources. In OT times, Abraham may be considered upper class because he owned a lot of stock.
    Come again?! Abraham "owned stock"...?!

How so?
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Come again?! Abraham "owned stock"...?!

How so?
    I think he meant "livestock".
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    I think he meant "livestock".
    Lets wait until he confirms our suspicions before making any rash decisions, shall we?
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

shoulda woulda coulda (that skit had me on the floor every time!!)like i said before we are imitators of our environment all the TALK in the world cant change that!? unless its backed up by WALK!? would the jewish WAY of life be preferred to anarchy!? because if we are disobeying god we are anarchists are we not!? of course what if we NEED anarchy to be able to OBEY god!? surely god does NOT expect us to obey if we dont understand WHY?! and QUOTING words does not always translate to understanding!? i also should point out leviticus also says what we can and cannot eat and that has been proven wrong or unnecessary!? like if i dont eat a pig that makes me HOLY?! so how are the preps for re-instating the blood sacrifice in israel going!? technology is progressing while humanity degrades!? ing1:::freak3:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

I am taking a long vacation from sewer rats (lexx and chesty). I have never experienced so much filthy talk, foul ideas, lies, insults, distortions, and absolute evil. They have a lot of postings to dump on with their filthy rhetoric, and I am certain Satan is pleased with their destructive efforts.
    Last edited by Cnance; 06-14-2017 at 07:54 PM.

I am taking a long vacation from sewer rats (lexx and chesty). I have never experienced so much filthy talk, foul ideas, lies, insults, distortions, and absolute evil. They have a lot of postings to dump on with their filthy rhetoric, and I am certain Satan is pleased with their destructive efforts.
    we GET IT your taking a vacation but before you do your digging up EVERY thread you EVER STARTED to tell all those IMAGINARY FRIENDS/FOLLOWERS/WORSHIPPERS... that well......you mean it!?

Lexx, how's it going traversing the sewers?

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Lexx, how's it going traversing the sewers?

hey joe ever watch that show DIRTY JOBS!? well you know what they say.......someones gotta do it!! i hear that jesus visited HELL after his crucifixion!? image THAT job if you can!?