+ Reply to Thread

Is the holy Bible the best moral guide?

How do humans differentiate themselves from other species. Is it because they have symbolic communication skills whereby they can think beyond their instincts? Is it because they can understand moral issues and therefore behave as "good citizen?" If morality is important, where is the guide book for morality. Is it the holy Bible the best guide book for morality? Are Satanic books the best guides for morality? How about psychology, does it provide a moral framework for conduct? What do you think?

Re: Is the holy Bible the best moral guide?

while books can suggest moral behavior or even awaken it for some i have come to believe that moral behavior is AT HAND so to speak!? in other words its learned thru interaction with others!? the most important aspect of which is childhood!? character as it is called is almost always formed early in life!? to read a book and memorize he words but fail to act ACCORDINGLY will lead to bad behavior since children do what they SEE not what they HEAR?! which may be the main reason people want FREEDOM from god they see as being a HYPOCRITE!? :rotz:::1crysad:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

is better than not having a guide of some what.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    How do humans differentiate themselves from other species.
    The only thing that separates humans from other species is their eternal arrogance in assuming that they are better than all the rest.
    You Can't Cheat an Honest Man

Quote Originally Posted by Abrasax View Post
    The only thing that separates humans from other species is their eternal arrogance in assuming that they are better than all the rest.
    And what is your arrogance!? Is it you think you are better than those that think they are better than the rest!?:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post

And what is your arrogance!? Is it you think you are better than those that think they are better than the rest!?:
    I'm not human. My arrogance doesn't come from any illusions. It's a survival instinct.
    You Can't Cheat an Honest Man

Quote Originally Posted by Abrasax View Post
    I'm not human. My arrogance doesn't come from any illusions. It's a survival instinct.
    Wasn't expecting THAT!! My intuition based on the subject, the handle, and your answer is….....your cnance under disguise!!! That's what I'm betting I think I picked up on clues from the TV show elementary!!

The problem with the OP's premises is that the bible and other religious books came after socity made rules. People were not allowed to kill before Moses came along. Stealing was not cool. Trying to bang your neighbors wife was no encouraged.