+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 69

Thread: Quiet here too.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,324

    Quiet here too.

    Gay marriage is now legal in all 50 plus DC and our local inquisition board members are quiet? Wow


    Scam.com is toast.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: Quiet here too.

    Not toast...just slow.

    It's summer...
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Quiet here too.

    Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    Gay marriage is now legal in all 50 plus DC and our local inquisition board members are quiet? Wow


    Scam.com is toast.
    It is a celebration for atheists, God haters, and all those who otherwise believe the Bible is false. If you believe in the Old Testament Lord, you would be repulsed. Throughout the OT, the Lord admonishes his chosen people to not commit unnatural and perverse acts. Now, we have a comedy of human conduct: men pretending to be females, men pretending to be parents of children from the opposite sex, men proclaiming to replace mothers in new perverse family of horrors. Junior says to Dad, "How can I be like you when I want children? Should I reject women even though I am attracted to them? How can I have a female lover when both of you reject female relationships? Must I be a homosexual because both you are? Are both of you father and mother? How do I relate to other children with natural parents?" Seems to be harsh, but the new reality of gay marriage makes all these questions relevant.

    Well, perhaps, it would be best if gay married men don't have children. However, we all know that is impossible. According the the Supreme Court ruling, gay marriages are legal, and that means they have all the rights to rear children as do traditional parents. Oh well, traditional fathers and mothers have become boring. We need a new world of perverse relationships to make life interesting. Isn't that right? I don't think it is right, but I am a minority. The US Supreme Court has ruled.
    Last edited by Cnance; 06-26-2015 at 11:19 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    323

    Re: Quiet here too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    It is a celebration for atheists, God haters, and all those who otherwise believe the Bible is false. If you believe in the Old Testament Lord, you would be repulsed. Throughout the OT, the Lord admonishes his chosen people to not commit unnatural and perverse acts. Now, we have a comedy of human conduct: men pretending to be females, men pretending to be parents of children from the opposite sex, men proclaiming to replace mothers in new perverse family of horrors. Junior says to Dad, "How can I be like you when I want children? Should I reject women even though I am attracted to them? How can I have a female lover when both of you reject female relationships? Must I be a homosexual because both you are? Are both of you father and mother? How do I relate to other children with natural parents?" Seems to be harsh, but the new reality of gay marriage makes all these questions relevant.

    Well, perhaps, it would be best if gay married men don't have children. However, we all know that is impossible. According the the Supreme Court ruling, gay marriages are legal, and that means they have all the rights to rear children as do traditional parents. Oh well, traditional fathers and mothers have become boring. We need a new world of perverse relationships to make life interesting. Isn't that right? I don't think it is right, but I am a minority. The US Supreme Court has ruled.
    What's the difference if they marry or not?

    They're still gay and that's the part that you don't like, right?

    How does it affect you if they can legally marry?


    .

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: Quiet here too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    It is a celebration for atheists, God haters, and all those who otherwise believe the Bible is false. If you believe in the Old Testament Lord, you would be repulsed. Throughout the OT, the Lord admonishes his chosen people to not commit unnatural and perverse acts. Now, we have a comedy of human conduct: men pretending to be females, men pretending to be parents of children from the opposite sex, men proclaiming to replace mothers in new perverse family of horrors. Junior says to Dad, "How can I be like you when I want children? Should I reject women even though I am attracted to them? How can I have a female lover when both of you reject female relationships? Must I be a homosexual because both you are? Are both of you father and mother? How do I relate to other children with natural parents?" Seems to be harsh, but the new reality of gay marriage makes all these questions relevant.

    Well, perhaps, it would be best if gay married men don't have children. However, we all know that is impossible. According the the Supreme Court ruling, gay marriages are legal, and that means they have all the rights to rear children as do traditional parents. Oh well, traditional fathers and mothers have become boring. We need a new world of perverse relationships to make life interesting. Isn't that right? I don't think it is right, but I am a minority. The US Supreme Court has ruled.
    Gazza beat me to it but please share how you are affected by a gay couple being legally married as opposed to just living together.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Quiet here too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    What's the difference if they marry or not?

    They're still gay and that's the part that you don't like, right?

    How does it affect you if they can legally marry?


    .
    My reply was about children. They are the innocent victims of same sex marriages. Now, same sex couples have legal rights over children. They will also have the right to influence children's attitudes and beliefs about women and traditional marriage. Perhaps, in the future, traditional marriages will become deviant life-styles. Good values can be learned from God's commandments. He didn't want such unnatural unions. In the real world, it is difficult to obey the Ten Commandments, they require discipline and moral obedience to God. Next, I expect adultery will be the new norm for society. Lawyers will be seeking new grounds for divorce. How will the Supreme Court rule on that?

    Just because it is the law of the land, I don't have to respect it. If we go against God's commandments, what kind of society do we have? In effect, it is becoming a decadent one like Sodom and Gomorrah. What comes next: Child prostitution, euthanasia, or other forms of moral tyranny? Is a freedom loving society free from God's commandments. Apparently, the courts have ruled "yes."
    Last edited by Cnance; 06-27-2015 at 01:39 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Quiet here too.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    The obstacles you listed for children of gay marriages most likely will not exist. Children that are heterosexual will be attracted to the opposite sex even if their parents are not. You say sex with a same sex partner is horror. Why do you feel this way about homosexuals having sex?

    Cnance you need to realize not all married people make good parents. Not all children are in good homes and many children have issues because of their parents, heterosexual or homosexual. I doubt it has a thing to do with the parents being of the same sex or a man and a woman. It has to do with parenting skills and the relationship between the married couple.

    Children need to be raised in a loving environment by a couple that has good parenting skills.

    I can think of many horrors children may have to endure in their family that doesn't include sex or a relationship between same sex partners. You need to take your blinders off, educate yourself and take another look at homosexuality.
    Sorry, I am stuck with God's commandments. When and if He changes them, I'll reconsider. I once had a dream about God's commandments. The dream was about Jews in ancient Israel. A voice said, "they didn't obey my commandments, not one single commandment." That pretty much says it all about what God wants. Personally, I don't hate gay people. I know they have redeeming value, but I just don't like their life style. It is clear throughout the Old Testament that the Lord God doesn't like homosexuality.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Quiet here too.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    If God doesn't like homosexuality then God must be mad at himself not homosexuals. The majority of homosexuals are born that way and if they should not follow their desires they would not be complete people. I should think God would approve of love and stability in a person life and relationship. But if he's mad about it, he would have to be mad at himself for creating homosexuals.
    I have heard that argument. Apparently, God is responsible for good and bad. I don't believe that is the case. It is all about freewill. Satan exercised his freewill and tried to be like God in heaven. I suppose Satan was the first of God's disobedient creatures. As for humans, they evolved after the fall of paradise. God intervened in human affairs (Bible) but things didn't work out. His chosen people, by their own freewill, disobeyed God. I know the other argument. Why did God create creatures who would disobey Him. I guess the answer is ask God. I prefer not questioning God, I think that is why we get along. As far as I know God doesn't suffer from a guilt complex. I think God is sad, but not guilt ridden. It is a slippery slope, once you start questioning God, judging God, and rewriting God's script about his creation you've joined the rebellion. It is a difficult lesson to learn. It is either God's way or the highway, ha. ha. Don't mean to joke, but it is really that simple.

    I just remembered, I had a dream that may relate to your question. I was in the air surrounded by angels. Below me was what appeared to be a baby doll. The angels said pick it up. As I picked it up I saw a string of boxes, including a red box around its waste. As I held it I realized it was a dead baby. It was Israel, God's rebellious people. I wept for the dead baby.
    Last edited by Cnance; 06-27-2015 at 04:16 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Quiet here too.

    Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    Gazza beat me to it but please share how you are affected by a gay couple being legally married as opposed to just living together.
    Either way it violates God's commandments. I have had gay acquaintances and I have found no problems with much of their character. However, I am not God, I have no right to judge. I have searched the Old Testament for God's commandments and find no commandment that accepts homosexuality. I believe by making same sex marriages legal you have entered into another set of problems. As a parent, I know how children can be influenced. I suspect, with gay parental influences, there will be even more gay couples in the future.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: Quiet here too.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    The majority of homosexuals are born that way and if they should not follow their desires they would not be complete people.
    Now that the law has been passed, it's time to let it go and go on with life, whether or not you agree with it or not.

    But science has not (so far) been able to provide sufficient evidence to prove that people are born gay. They might be but it has not been proven.

    But your statement makes me curious. If you think a majority of gays are born that way, how do you think the rest became gay?
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Quiet here too.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    Has God talked to you about his laws or are you referring to the laws written in the Bible? Man wrote those laws saying God had told them the laws. How do you know those men were being truthful or if they were even sane.
    I think many of the laws, supposedly from God, related to the times. The ten commandments are something a person can follow to lead a moral life but man has twisted and turned those commandments to justify their own interpretation.

    Again, homosexuals aren't interested in having children that follow in their footsteps of being homosexual. If they are then they are twisted and it has nothing to do with the majority of people who are homosexual.
    Why do you think homosexuals are against heterosexual relationships? Is it because you're against homosexual relationships?

    I again am going to tell you to educate yourself on homosexuality.
    I know a lot about homosexuality, I was surrounded by gays in graduate school, and I have known them throughout my lifetime.

    About the Bible and homosexuality. You may pick and choose and find OT books about God being inconsistent, but you cannot find a single verse that contradicts verses about God condemning homosexuality as an unnatural act. I also admit the gay life style has never attracted me, I prefer women. I don't accept the argument that men are born gay. Humans are born with freewill. Some make wrong choices. In today's liberal environment, anything goes.

    Why should I be on the defensive because society has turned decadent.

    I am content to obey God's commandments.
    Last edited by Cnance; 06-27-2015 at 10:02 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    323

    Re: Quiet here too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I am content to obey God's commandments.
    No you're not.

    You think every one else should follow YOUR God's commandments, too.

    In one breath you say we are all born with free will and in the next you say damn that you should all follow God's....

    You're just another religious nutbag zealot. An idiot.

    Fuck off. You and I are done.


    .
    Last edited by Gazza.; 06-28-2015 at 05:49 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Quiet here too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    No you're not.

    You think every one else should follow YOUR God's commandments, too.

    In one breath you say we are all born with free will and in the next you say damn that you should all follow God's....

    You're just another religious nutbag zealot. An idiot.

    Fuck off. You and I are done.


    .
    I am happy to hear we are done, I never thought we were together on anything. Find someone else to harass. As for God's commandments, check with God about them. I will, as I please, profess faith in God's commandments, and you can do nothing about it!

    You are not very logical, unless you didn't mean what you posted. You said, "In one breath you say we are all born with free will and in the next you say damn that you should all follow God's...." How is that a contradiction. Yes, we are born with freewill, and according to our own freewill we can accept or reject God. I prefer to accept God. Everyone makes their own choices.

    Things are being taken out of context. I never said everyone should follow God's commandments. I said I will follow them. I am not responsible for what others do. If you are worried about what may happen if you don't obey God's commandments, take it up with God. I have nothing to do with it.
    Last edited by Cnance; 06-28-2015 at 04:51 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Quiet here too.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    It's easy for you to say a homosexual has a choice and should choose a partner of the opposite sex because you yourself are heterosexual.

    You choose to obey what you believe are God's commandments and not allow others to make their own choices without you yourself being bigoted.
    Don't call me bigoted just because I don't agree with you. I will not, despite the offensive remarks, change my mind. You can chose whatever God you want, I choose the OT Lord.

    If you have a problem with God's commandments, take it up with God. I have an idea, burn all the Bibles you can find. That will send a clear message.
    Last edited by Cnance; 06-28-2015 at 05:23 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: Quiet here too.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    A couple of reasons why a person may choose to partner with the same sex without being born homosexual.
    Sex isn't always a large part of a relationship or marriage. People are different in how much sex they want or if they want to engage in sex at all. A person may fall in love with someone from the same sex and it may have nothing to do with sex. A person may have been badly abused by a specific sex, especially as a child and tend to avoid close relationships with that sex. Many different issues could play a part in why one would choose a same sex partner. I do know many homosexuals show the signs of being homosexual when they are toddlers and it carries through their entire life. Also homosexuality runs in families. People forget many homosexuals hide the fact they are homosexual and go ahead and marry, have children with heterosexuals, therefore passing the gene on to their children. Scientists have come up with something they feel causes homosexuality that isn't genetic, I have read about it but right now can't remember the name they gave it. It showed a mother passes it to their male child and a father passes it to their female child.
    We have a long way to go figuring out how to stop illness's both physical and mental. No surprise too me we haven't figured out what causes homosexuality especially because so many saw it as defiant behavior for so many years. Just like so many saw blacks as less then human for years. We still have many racist and bigoted individuals in our world.
    Homosexuals having a same sex partner is not hurting anyone. A partnership or marriage between two adult people should be a personal preference and none of anyone else's business. We have married couples who allow their partners to have sex with others, open marriages. We do have laws against relatives marrying because of concerns for their children's health. In the future we may find this to will change and what doctors once found to be a problem is no longer a problem.
    This is where religious people are doing harm to others. Not accepting other peoples behavior, when it doesn't harm anyone, because of their own interpretation of what they feel the Bible says.

    Many people have a very difficult time accepting those who are different from themselves. It's a flaw they need to work on because overcoming this flaw would be a positive for creating a world without division.
    A large part of the argument for marriage equality was from a civil rights standpoint. Thus the comparison of blacks and interracial marriage. But we know conclusively that people are born black without question. If you are saying that some people choose a same sex partner, maybe not for sex but for other reasons, then how would that "choice" become someone's civil rights?

    The one issue I have with the marriage equlity issue is that is sure seems to me that not only is society supposed to accept it but you must also also celebrate it with the supporters and if you don't, you are called an intolerant bigot. I don't think most people were so much against same sex couples having equal rights (for being married), but many were definitely against changing the definition of marriage.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Quiet here too.

    I think the Supreme Court decision has become too personalized. If you favor the court's decision you are a good liberal, good citizen or something like that. In other words, most seem to take it as legal decision in a secular world. Then, there are those of us who oppose the decision on moral grounds. Because of our moral position, we have been accused of attacking gay people, or being bigoted, thus personalizing the debate rather than addressing the moral issue. If people object to our moral beliefs attack or dispute the Bible. Based on where society is going, the Bible is no longer of importance. That does not mean however that I must give up my beliefs in God and His commandments.

    If anyone has a problem with God's Commandments, take it up with God. I am not responsible for them. I didn't write them, I obey them.
    Last edited by Cnance; 06-29-2015 at 03:15 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. it's quiet around here ...
    By IBOFightBack in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 04:08 PM
  2. NT, Free Stuff, Keeping it Quiet
    By chimpsnest in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-18-2007, 06:14 AM
  3. RealStraightShooter being real quiet
    By 6DegreesScamGuru in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-14-2007, 08:17 AM
  4. it's too quiet... Read the announcement
    By PaulM in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-19-2007, 06:01 AM
  5. Quiet Wars, Silent Weapons
    By Johnny B in forum Conspiracy Theories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-27-2006, 12:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •