+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NHE National Health Educators. Things to consider.

Things to consider:

My credentials and experience:
    I'm a certified ACSM Exercise physiologist and an AFAA Apex instructor-trainer. I have my B.S. degree in Kinesiology and Exercise Physiology. I've been in the Fitness industry for 6 years.

I will try to keep this post brief but there a lot of facts to consider. I will try my best to keep my opinions and conjecture to a minimum.

They contacted me back in February of 2015. At the time I was not interested in a position. I was emailed again by them last month with a job opportunity to create posts for their facebook page. It's a work from home opportunity that paid $2,160/month for part-time work or $4,500/month for full-time. For part-time work you create 1 facebook submittal a day 6 days a week. Full-time requires 2-3 submittals a day 6 days per week. You would receive bonus compensation of $5 per ten "likes." There are several steps in the recruitment process including a "Master Trainer Exam". The exam is free but they offer a study guide for $190. I decided to proceed with the hiring process and noticed a few red flags along the way. Here are the main points that made me question the credibility of this company.

1. After reviewing their Facebook page I could easily complete a weeks worth of submittals in two hours. The topics are very simple with a limited amount of writing. In this industry the pay doesn't seem proportionate to the amount of work.

2. Compare the website to any major authority on exercise and fitness's website (ACSM, NSCA, NASM, Afaa, or ACE). You'll notice a major difference in content and quality. NHE touts itself for being in the process of becoming an strictly internet based fitness corporation. It's my opinion they need to hire a new IT guy given the design of their website.

3. If you look at the bottom of their website home page they claim to be a subsidiary of "National Certifications(c)" I've attempted to research this company and can find nothing. I actually contacted NHE asking if they can send me any information on them. It was over two weeks ago and they still haven't replied.

4. The "Featured Exercise - #32" which is located on their homepage has been the same exercise from when they first contacted me back in February of 2015.

5. My friend is a professor at Louisiana State University. No one including himself has ever heard of NHE. It doesn't mean they are fake but I would think that at least one person would have heard of them before.

6. They don't produce any publications. Typically certifying bodies will produce publications relevant to the fitness industry. They typically contain up to date information or studies done by universities. Other than short non-cited facebook posts I can not find anything.

7. They sell 10 different study guides. Each one correlates to a particular test. This would indicated that either (a) the study guides leave out relevent fitness
    information or (b) they test you on irrelevant information such as names used in examples. Either way I find it unethical for a certifying body to sell an incomplete or irrelevant study guides to teach someone a specific version of a test. Why not produce a set of guidelines to be accepted as the NHE standard and test individuals on that information.

8. Several people claim to have been accused of cheating on the at home MTC Exam. How Is this possible? Were their answers too perfect?

I'm still awaiting a reply from NHE regarding some of these concerns. In the mean time I am opting not to take the test.

If you have a comment or something to say please try and help me clear up some of these concerns rather than just criticizing my observations. I realize they don't require any payment to take the exam but at the end of the day is there really a job or position available? I can't find any solid proof there is or any solid
    proof I should put my faith in this company. But it seems a lot of people do and a lot of people pay for the study guide. If you're researching this company, just like I did, try emailing them, try calling them, ask questions. Scamming people is just like fishing. The more sophisticated and real the bait appears the more fish you'll
    catch.

Re: NHE National Health Educators. Things to consider.

if they don't require you pay for anything then it is not a scam.

checked it out, I saw exercise 128 on homepage, could not find #32.

also looked at Facebook page. no question job exists, someone is posting on FB page. twitter too.

also plenty of posts about company online:

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Nat...ws-E505885.htm

https://www.linkedin.com/grp/home?gid=4826225

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=151728653

seems like everyone says co is very legit. hope this helps.

Compensation relates to the value of a person's time. There isn't a CEO on earth worth millions of dollars a year. The reason they get paid that type of money is because they are the type of individual the company wants working for them. The type of person that thinks a particular compensation is 'too high' for the work is probably the type of person they wish to avoid. The only way a company can attract true talent is to offer those people what they are worth.

On the other hand, if a high compensation is being offered to low skill workers, then it's a scam. Things like, 'EARN $2000 A WEEK!!! NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!' These advertisements are usually followed up by 'testimonials' from people who are claiming they make that type of money and it's all true. Something to the effect, 'My last paycheck was $10,000 and I only worked 12 hours. This job has given me the freedom to travel and see the world.'

This NHE place doesn't appear to be that. From what I saw, including yourself, the people they seek are well educated and skilled in the field. They may not get the best in your field paying the compensation you indicated. They should, however, get some quality people. But if you think you can do the work in a fraction of the time, it's probably not the type of work they are interested in. What you see online is surely the 'directors cut' version of the original work.

You seem to be 'nit picking' which indicates an agenda. The information seemed biased with nothing of value from personal experience.

All scams share a common core marketplace. They thrive on certain types of people: The under-educated, desperate, na´ve and downright stupid. Their business models are typically so ridiculous, that they rarely appeal to the rest of us. People who run scams go after those who are easily fooled or exploited (unsuccessful, non-educated, elderly, etc.) because they will be more successful with these folks and they are easier to locate and find. They don’t go after society’s top educated and most successful. If you're a skilled professional with an education, you will not find yourself a target of a work-related scam.

I think you're posting on the wrong site.

At the end of the day if there is no job availible then Yes, it is a scam.

As for the reviews anyone can create a fake profile and post positive comments about their site. None of you defending the site have more than 5 posts and you've all joined June 2015. Additionally none of you even claim to work for them so why do you even care? Where you all just sitting around one day in June and decided to check out scams.com and then join based on my post? I highly doubt it. Check out elance . Com. I can pay a group of english speakers in India $20 to create 20 fake accounts on any website. Think I'm joking? Check it out.

Plus i still haven't received a reply regarding ANY of my simple to answer questions. The featured exercise can be changed in 5 mins. Copy and paste wiki. Bam.

As for the Facebook posts. I see there is on average one a day. So you're telling me you've only hired one part-time person? I've received two more employment opportunities from NHE since I originally posted. You're obviously spamming as many people as possible. And judging by the content on Facebook they were not written by anyone of any clout in the fitness industry. I'm still not convinced this is real. In fact the posts above further help me believe this is a scam.

Of course I wouldn't be surprised now if all the things I brought up are fixed.

if you are contacted by this company. Go with your gut. And remember. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

WTF? what are you talking about?

i don't care so you don't need to respond.

good luck with your agenda.

Just because I don't agree with you I suddenly have an agenda? I'm simply analyzing my observations. Just because someone says it's legit on an open forum doesn't make it so.

Bottom line, I'm yet to see any proof this is a real company. If you're going to get all butt-hurt about it then it sounds like a personal problem. I'm just trying to help other professionals keep from wasting their time and money on something that doesn't even exist. Hell, it does t even matter what I say. Do your own research and ask yourself could this all be faked?

Update: I am now 100% certain this is a scam. They have since made changes to their website based on my observations in my original post from above. The big one includes a change in number 3 the "subsidiary of National Certifications(c)" that is located at the bottom of their website home page. It now reads A subsidiary of National Certifications (Scirion Institute of Exercise Physiology). Just google Scirion Institute of course they don't have a website. Just a lot of questionable forum posts similar to what you find with NHE. It appears the MO of this fake company is to just keep changing names once people catch on to what they are doing. Who ever this is is laughing all the way to the bank every time someone buys the study guide. If anyone has any comments that are actually relevant to this topic rather than a personal attack pertaining to my character or work ethic I'd love to hear them. Hope this helps ;)

can’t comment. only visited site once. not going back every day looking for ways to convince you.

don’t care but now that you’re convinced, perhaps you can finally move on.

Keep posting and looking for clues but I am leaving this thread. It doesn’t make any sense to me.

Good luck anyway

I interjected because I thought you posted this to get others opinions to help ease your concerns. I think the others did too but instead of thanking anyone, you got upset and more determined. That's what indicates an agenda. It simply seems like you're on a mission to attack these guys. You made multiple posts on different threads, you spend a lot of time on their site and online looking for ways to flame them online, yet the company hasn't done anything to you. You haven't spent any money or been involved in any of their programs. All the threads I've seen on this site are from people with personal experiences they wish to share. You don't really have one. Everything you have posted was already online. You can simply type NHE FITNESS in Google and get the exact same information. You're not bringing anything here to generate a conversation. It's just bashing.

But to each his own, I too have absolutely no interest in this type of exchange. I'm too old for it.

Take care friend and best of luck to you. Sorry if you felt attacked.

There is already a lengthy (15 page) thread here about them at scam.com/showthread.php?124796-NHE-Certification-Scam which started in 2010.

Current BBB Report;
    A quick search at kepler.sos.ca.gov shows that none of these business names are registered with the State of California.

Some have been registered as a 'Fictitious Business Name (FBN)' with the Orange County Clerks Office under the name 'Jay White'.
    Note that most of the FBN's are expired.

Personally, I won't give them the time of day.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

yeah, they have it posted on their site. nothing new. we all have access to the Internet.

http://www.nhecredentials.com/BBBDecision.html

http://www.nhecredentials.com/BBBFra...stigation.html

now i'm curious. the above seemed off but who knows. here's the parent company with the actual owners name as you provided.

Name:  s-bbb.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  80.5 KB
    Name:  s-bbb 2.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  63.7 KB
    Name:  s-bbb 3.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  54.1 KB

BBB in so cal seems very sketchy either way. nothing is accurate on either report. numbers, addresses, it's all outdated. the BBB news reports of their own fraud I found far more interesting.
    Last edited by aspire93; 06-29-2015 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aspire93 View Post
    yeah, they have it posted on their site. nothing new. we all have access to the Internet.

http://www.nhecredentials.com/BBBDecision.html

http://www.nhecredentials.com/BBBFra...stigation.html
    Thanks.

I see that the F rating is deserved.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

yeah, its the game. you don't pay you suffer the consequences. looks like they are giving the BBB the f and not even dealing with them anymore. i saw a bunch of that going on with the BBB down there:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Better...X-GUARDIN-1343

who knew? I dont think Ive ever seen a complaint as long as the BBB one.

Quote Originally Posted by aspire93 View Post
    yeah, its the game. you don't pay you suffer the consequences. looks like they are giving the BBB the f and not even dealing with them anymore. i saw a bunch of that going on with the BBB down there:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Better...X-GUARDIN-1343

who knew? I dont think Ive ever seen a complaint as long as the BBB one.
    Actually, if you check the dates on most of the links you provided you would see that the news reports about the LA BBB were from a few years ago. We have a thread about that around here somewhere too.

And, of course the 'F' rating is only because they have not answered complaints. Otherwise they would have a much higher rating. As I stated above, "I see that the F rating is deserved."

Umm, can't seem to find that this 'Scirion Institute' is registered as a business anywhere.

Here's something rather interesting;

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dynami...ifornia-308791;
    That sure sounds familiar and it's from 2008.
    Last edited by nomaxim; 06-29-2015 at 06:23 PM.

yeah, saw that too but didn't understand it. makes no sense. seems to relate to this:

http://www.nhefitness.com/nhecertifi...scamalert.html

but better than that, found this:
    Name:  scirion.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  480.8 KB

newer filings could not find but that's because I'm not that interested. I know one thing, scams don't register with the US government. that ends the discussion for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by aspire93; 06-29-2015 at 06:43 PM.