+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Putting it in Perspective.

Whether you believe in the scientific origins of the universe or not, no one can deny that the Earth is billions of years old. (4.5 give or take a millennium or two)

Humans, at least those who have a brain developed enough to wonder about their origins, have only existed for around 35,000 to 100,000 years and probably less that 3,000 years, in a serious way.

When you put that into perspective, man, capable of even imagining that there are gods, has only been around for 0.0022% to 0.000067% of the time the planet has existed.

I guess the question is...how is it possible that God created man within 6 days of the universe being "created" and yet he has been around for so little time?

Re: Putting it in Perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    Whether you believe in the scientific origins of the universe or not, no one can deny that the Earth is billions of years old. (4.5 give or take a millennium or two)

Humans, at least those who have a brain developed enough to wonder about their origins, have only existed for around 35,000 to 100,000 years and probably less that 3,000 years, in a serious way.

When you put that into perspective, man, capable of even imagining that there are gods, has only been around for 0.0022% to 0.000067% of the time the planet has existed.

I guess the question is...how is it possible that God created man within 6 days of the universe being "created" and yet he has been around for so little time?

I think you should rename you thread. It should be, How Scientific is the Bible?

I agree the Bible is not science, I also agree the Bible is not entirely accurate. I don't believe in the literal interpretation of the Bible. Back then science was not around.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I agree the Bible is not science, I also agree the Bible is not entirely accurate. I don't believe in the literal interpretation of the Bible. Back then science was not around.
    Check, check, check and check. That wasn't so hard, was it?

Check, check, check and check. That wasn't so hard, was it?

What is it with you atheist? Do you think you need to patronize believers because they believe in God. If you had read postings, you would know I have always held those views.

What is it with you atheist? Do you think you need to patronize believers because they believe in God. If you had read postings, you would know I have always held those views.
    You made the statements, mate. I just agreed with them.

If you don't like uppercuts, don't lead with your jaw.

I think you should rename you thread. It should be, How Scientific is the Bible?

One of these days I'll get an answer for you on this...HOW can you tell which parts of the bible are accurate or not?

Which parts are gawdz, which parts are mans inaccuracies? How do you differentiate?
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    One of these days I'll get an answer for you on this...HOW can you tell which parts of the bible are accurate or not?

Which parts are gawdz, which parts are mans inaccuracies? How do you differentiate?
    Over a period of years I've had dreams and visions about God, angels, Satan, paradise, and the Bible. Before, I had conventional Christians views, now I have different views. However, I don't like to bring it up. It has resulted in ridicule, so I prefer not to discuss it. Much of what I have know contradicts Christian theology. According to what I know God prefers dinosaurs to humans. If my comments results in ridicule, I'll withdraw from discussion.

I think it is a reasonable question inasmuch as my views don't fit into any particular theology.
    Last edited by Cnance; 06-19-2015 at 07:30 PM.

Threads like this make my life feel insignificant.
    I'm a Type 2, but have significantly reduced symptoms. Diabetes Destroyer Review 7 Steps to Health and the Big Diabetes Lie Review

Over a period of years I've had dreams and visions about God, angels, Satan, paradise, and the Bible. Before, I had conventional Christians views, now I have different views. However, I don't like to bring it up. It has resulted in ridicule, so I prefer not to discuss it. Much of what I have know contradicts Christian theology. According to what I know God prefers dinosaurs to humans. If my comments results in ridicule, I'll withdraw from discussion.

I think it is a reasonable question inasmuch as my views don't fit into any particular theology.
    People throughout history have been challenged and ridiculed for their beliefs.

What is it about you or your beliefs makes it any different for you?

You ridicule and insult Atheists for their beliefs and at the same time whine about the lack of honest discussion and worry about what people will say about you.

You only get what you give, dude. That's the extent of my philosophical and religious leanings.

I happen to believe that humans arrived on Earth millions of years ago as a far more advanced species than we are today and devolved into what is known as 'Homo Habilis' in order to survive, and from there have evolved into what we are today. I believe we will continue to evolve into what we were all those millions of years ago and the whole process will start again.....on another planet!

Think "Lord of the Flies".

People throughout history have been challenged and ridiculed for their beliefs.

What is it about you or your beliefs makes it any different for you?

You ridicule and insult Atheists for their beliefs and at the same time whine about the lack of honest discussion and worry about what people will say about you.

You only get what you give, dude. That's the extent of my philosophical and religious leanings.

I happen to believe that humans arrived on Earth millions of years ago as a far more advanced species than we are today and devolved into what is known as 'Homo Habilis' in order to survive, and from there have evolved into what we are today. I believe we will continue to evolve into what we were all those millions of years ago and the whole process will start again.....on another planet!

Think "Lord of the Flies".

I didn't expect that kind of response. I suppose atheist are entitled to their revenge, it is the way of the world. It is best that I cease posting on this forum.
    Last edited by Cnance; 06-19-2015 at 11:03 PM.

Thanks for the honest reply!
    Over a period of years I've had dreams and visions about God, angels, Satan, paradise, and the Bible.
    So, your faith is in your dreams? Is that right? And or, are your dreams 'confirmed' by scripture, or the other way around?
    Before, I had conventional Christians views, now I have different views. However, I don't like to bring it up. It has resulted in ridicule, so I prefer not to discuss it.
    Understandable. Christians have a tendency to freak when their bible cage is rattled too hard.

So, no virgin birth, Jonah, Noah, JC and his miracles, no RESURRECTION!?! Say it isn't so!! Doesn't that make u a 'blashphemer' in some christian circles?
    Much of what I have know contradicts Christian theology. According to what I know God prefers dinosaurs to humans. If my comments results in ridicule, I'll withdraw from discussion.
    Fascinating, I do understand though...

Let me ask you this, on a scale of 1 to 100, 1 being little to no certainty that your beliefs are true, to 100, 100 being you KNOW your views are ROCK SOLID and TRUE, where would you put your belief level at?

If I may ask, just curious.

Hey, thanks for being honest.

It's refreshing around here!
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Awww, ...c'mon! I was being nice! Wasn't I?!
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

I didn't expect that kind of response, I should have known better. I think it best that I stop posting. Here's hoping all of you have a good life.
    I was being serious.

My explanation is far more believable than any other I have seen.

The overarching theme of Lord of the Flies is the conflict between the human impulse towards savagery and the rules of civilization which are designed to contain and minimize it.
    http://www.gradesaver.com/lord-of-th...y-guide/themes

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Thanks for the honest reply!So, your faith is in your dreams? Is that right? And or, are your dreams 'confirmed' by scripture, or the other way around?
    Understandable. Christians have a tendency to freak when their bible cage is rattled too hard.
    So, no virgin birth, Jonah, Noah, JC and his miracles, no RESURRECTION!?! Say it isn't so!! Doesn't that make u a 'blashphemer' in some christian circles?
    Fascinating, I do understand though...
    I was going to withdraw from posting, but upon reading your reply, I decided to post again.

Yes, I don't believe in those things, Jonah, Noah, JC and his miracles. I think the NT authors got really creative, like Hollywood script writers.

Let me ask you this, on a scale of 1 to 100, 1 being little to no certainty thatyour beliefs are true, to 100, 100 being you KNOW your views are ROCK SOLID and TRUE, where would you put your belief level at?
    I believe my beliefs are true.

If I may ask, just curious.
    Thanks for the interest. I believe, based on my visions and dreams that I am totally condemned by Christians. Isn't it interesting, you claim to believe in the OT Lord and yet, because your theology is wrong, you are condemned.
    Hey, thanks for being honest.

It's refreshing around here!
    A Catholic priest told my mother, when I was very young, I had a big problem. I was too honest.

To summarize what I know, I don't think there is salvation. Humans don't obey God's commandments. That means in heaven they will not worship or obey God, they would be "independent" or promote their own theological beliefs. In our world, freedom is cherished, but in heaven there is no room for pagan gods. Those gods can do nothing, they can't create, they can't be holy without God, and they are not eternal. There is more to it, but we don't have the time. Sufficient to say, Satan is the culprit, he is responsible for our fate, he rebelled in heaven and subsequently was imprisoned in the universe. If you study the universe, you may conclude, as I do, that is was designed to imprison Satan.

I believe this is my last posting, what I know about God will never be accepted. Humans are an arrogant species, they think God created everything for them. If they only knew the truth. God loved dinosaurs, they were in paradise about 65 million years ago. Humans evolved and became a problem for God; they have "desecrated God's holy grave." God will never forget dinosaurs and those other creatures in paradise.

It is best I not post again. My ideas are too controversial.

Thanks for the interest.
    Last edited by Cnance; 06-20-2015 at 12:42 AM.

Because he's a dickhead like Ohein. That sums it up pretty well.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

How so...?
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard