+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Dictatorship, the true face of world order.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    It depends on the context. As for the Bible, because of its purpose, many social constructs, or norms and values relate to God. Therefore, they are religious. If you refer to a secular society, social constructs may or may not have religious meaning. However, even for a secular society, because of the prevalence of religion in ancient societies, you would naturally find many social customs and traditions rooted in religion.
    More likely is that when religions were created that social morals were baked in. The only time i could see the religion creating a "moral" value is if it was self serving, like "thou shall have no other gods" yada yada.

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    More likely is that when religions were created that social morals were baked in. The only time i could see the religion creating a "moral" value is if it was self serving, like "thou shall have no other gods" yada yada.

You could say religion is just a word for norms and values related to a deity or supernatural being. If you are referring to Western religions, you would include the Bible for having significant impact on both religious and secular morality. That, of course, has nothing to do with origins. Atheist would say the Bible was created by humans. However, if you believe God was the primary source, even while disputing the accuracy of human writing about experiences with God, you would relate Western religions and even norms and values found in secular societies as God related.

If you don't believe in God, then you must make a case for humans making it all up, including their experiences with God. Good luck with that.
    Last edited by Cnance; 06-26-2015 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    Roman Emperors weren't dictators. They were gods. Just like the Egyptian pharaohs.

Most of whom existed before the Old Testament was invented.

In terms of percentage of population at the time, death at the hand of religion shits all over everything else.

The premise of this thread is a fallacy and doesn't add anything to the credibility of the author.

we could say that god is the BEST dictator because all it means is my way or the highway/oblivion so to speak!? :bah:::1crysad:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

OH NO dare we get into the realm of making it all up!? and what is the basis of this MAKING!? is it imagination!? and what is that!? the ability of the mind to see something different then say REALITY!? where do dreams enter into this equation!? :freak3::::smurf:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    OH NO dare we get into the realm of making it all up!? and what is the basis of this MAKING!? is it imagination!? and what is that!? the ability of the mind to see something different then say REALITY!? where do dreams enter into this equation!? :freak3::::smurf:
    I don't have enough imagination to make up stories like my dreams. My dreams are what they are, not of this world.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I don't have enough imagination to make up stories like my dreams. My dreams are what they are, not of this world.
    take image-i-nation for example, bible says WE are made in the IMAGE of god!? so when a god has an image of mind is it CREATED!? what is the role of imagination for man!? what is the difference between thinking and imagining!? is imagination more important than thinking!? is thinking the LOWEST and SLOWEST method of deciding how to ACT/BE!? ::freak3::spin2::elvis:

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    take image-i-nation for example, bible says WE are made in the IMAGE of god!? so when a god has an image of mind is it CREATED!? what is the role of imagination for man!? what is the difference between thinking and imagining!? is imagination more important than thinking!? is thinking the LOWEST and SLOWEST method of deciding how to ACT/BE!? ::freak3::spin2::elvis:
    I exclude my dreams from imagining. They fit thinking because they require language skills and knowledge to understand.:judges::spin2::yelcutelaughA::king22:

i was just wondering........WHAT IS THINKING!? is it just verbally related!? or is imagination required for it to function!? and when 1 reads (a book) do you think or imagine the meaning implied in the words!? isn't all thinking just a learned description of an IMAGE!? :judges: :spin2: :freak3: :