+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

The world went crazy when humans disobeyed God.

When did it happen? Was it when the chosen people refused to obey the Lord's commandments? Was it when Jesus died and the gospel authors got it wrong because Jesus was God? Was it when thousands of religions sprung up and declared they were the word of God? When was it?

Re: The world went crazy when humans disobeyed God.

Maybe it was when you and so many others bet on the wrong god? :

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    When did it happen? Was it when the chosen people refused to obey the Lord's commandments? Was it when Jesus died and the gospel authors got it wrong because Jesus was God? Was it when thousands of religions sprung up and declared they were the word of God? When was it?
    Yes!!

Didn't it have something to do with some hottie, a talking snake and an apple?!

As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Didn't it have something to do with some hottie, a talking snake and an apple?!

Maybe it has been since humans became civilized; then, they gained power over all other species. When have they been obedient?

It depends on your preference. A paved meadow for a freeway, or a lush green land for nature.
    Last edited by Cnance; 05-26-2015 at 12:50 PM.

Maybe it has been since humans became civilized; then, they gained power over all other species. When have they been obedient?
    Define obedient?

It depends on your preference. A paved meadow for a freeway, or a lush green land for nature.
    Huh?!

As far as biblical terms go, humans were 'condemned and disobedient' long before the earth started straining ecologically from our usage....

Cnance, question, I've asked some of the other 'believers' here and haven't received an adequate answer...can you please explain, re:the judeo-christian bible is concerned, how/why, is homosexuality immoral?

What makes it a sin to 'be' gay?
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Define obedient?
    Obeying God's commandments.

Huh?!

As far as biblical terms go, humans were 'condemned and disobedient' long before the earth started straining ecologically from our usage....

Cnance, question, I've asked some of the other 'believers' here and haven't received an adequate answer...can you please explain, re:the judeo-christian bible is concerned, how/why, is homosexuality immoral?
    I agree because I think paradise happened before humans, it was during the dinosaur era. However, God gave humans a chance to be obedient through his chosen people. That didn't work out.

According to the OT there is a lot of behavior that is deviant. It was God's way of making his chosen people holy. God's rules were very strict. In heaven, there is no dissension. If it were otherwise, there would be many different gods with corresponding heavens, like Mormonism. The big problem for humans is accepting God's commandments.

What makes it a sin to 'be' gay?
    As I stated, whatever God's commandments, that is the way it is. According to the real nature of disobedience, humans don't want to obey God.
    Last edited by PeggieSue; 05-29-2015 at 08:37 AM.

Obeying God's commandments.

I agree because I think paradise happened before humans, it was during the dinosaur era. However, God gave humans a chance to be obedient through his chosen people. That didn't work out.

According to the OT there is a lot of behavior that is deviant. It was God's way of making his chosen people holy. God's rules were very strict. In heaven, there is no dissension. If it were otherwise, there would be many different gods with corresponding heavens, like Mormonism. The big problem for humans is accepting God's commandments.

As I stated, whatever God's commandments, that is the way it is. According to the real nature of disobedience, humans don't want to obey God.
    So, your answer...its a sin cause god said so!? That's it!?

Rape is OK? Slavery's OK as well??!

And kill homos, witches, and blasphemers....not to mention those that follow other gods??

But no shrimp, huh?

Makes perfect sense?! :crazy1:

Why wouldn't an omnipotent, omniscient 'supreme' being that created the entire universe worry about what we do with our genitals?!

What was I thinking?!
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

So, your answer...its a sin cause god said so!? That's it!?

Rape is OK? Slavery's OK as well??!

And kill homos, witches, and blasphemers....not to mention those that follow other gods??
    I guess you've never read the new testament?

But no shrimp, huh?
    Read Acts 10:9-16
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    I guess you've never read the new testament?

Read Acts 10:9-16
    What does the new testament have to do with it? You don't disregard all of the old testament in any way??!!

What's your point?

Your acts reference doesn't make any sense. Another convoluted, confusing message from your gawd?

Yep!
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

What does the new testament have to do with it? You don't disregard all of the old testament in any way??!!

What's your point?

Your acts reference doesn't make any sense. Another convoluted, confusing message from your gawd?

Yep!
    That's my point. You haven't read or understood these points in the Bible.
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

That's my point. You haven't read or understood these points in the Bible.
    Nice that we can always count on good little christians like you to help clarify gaawds confusing holy book, huh?

Too bad it's not a more simple message. Probably has something to do with that 'narrow path' that so few get across, don't you think?!

How pathetic u are....really.

rofl
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    I am not saying homosexuality is a mental illness but want to ask what you think God does with the mentally ill.
    We're all born into sin apparently. If I had to guess, they'd burn like most others...

Does God forgive those people who sin because they are born with a diseased mind?
    Ignorance is no excuse...??

Doctors have proven humans can be born with a chemical imbalance in the brain and this chemical imbalance causes them to behave differently than the majority of their fellow man.
    Is this a sin?
    Most likely...

You say, we as humans are suppose to obey God's commandments.

I say there are too many ways to twist and turn those words to be able to have a clear understanding of how to obey those commandments.
    I agree with you there! And as long as folks depend on hypocrite christians like joefool44 to help understand the confusing mess called the bible, it's pretty much a lost cause IMO.

Can we kill in self defense?
    As long as you're killing for the right gawd. Which one's 'right'....? Who KNOWS? No one. They all 'beLIEve...they just don't KNOW.

Keep the faith!

Do children honor parents who abuse their children.
    As long as they're 'good with gawd', no problem-o...I'd imagine!

Can people who have never heard of God, obey God?
    Nope, but they burn like everyone else...we're all born into sin apparently...if u don't get the message, that's your tough luck!

The words in the Bible are twisted and turned to meet a person's agenda.
    Yep....politicians get that message loud and clear..."Gawd bless America" is at the end of EVERY public message for most politicians...

Everyone has their own way of interpreting what they think God has said to them in the Bible. No one knows who is right or wrong with their interpretation and the differences with interpretation has brought about a lot of sin.
    And don't bother asking asshats like jhokey to help you with any misunderstandings either...

Why would a loving God, leave his people with so much confusion and doubt, by giving them a book (the Bible) that is so flawed? The only thing that makes sense to me is man messed up the word of God when man wrote the Bible.
    I concur...110%!!

Who KNOWS gawds 'truth'...?

Keep the faith...:rasta:
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

I agree with you there! And as long as folks depend on hypocrite christians like joecool44 to help understand the confusing mess called the bible, it's pretty much a lost cause IMO.
    I asked you more than once to identify what I've been hypocritical about and you evaded and did some spinning but didn't provide an answer.

I asked you more than once to identify what I've been hypocritical about and you evaded and did some spinning but didn't provide an answer.
    Lying, for starters...?! WTF!?

Are you really that delusional?!:blunt:
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Lying, for starters...?! WTF!?

Are you really that delusional?!
    Nice non answer.

See my sigline.