+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bless the Children for They Will Not Have the Protection Of God.

How many times must we have our faith in humanity shaken by these monster believers in God who abuse the bodies of little children to satisfy their lust?

God turned Lots' wife into a pillar of salt for looking back at the destruction of the debauched city of Sodom yet He allows these animals to live.

Can we assume He either condones or encourages it?

Is it part of His master plan?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-Victoria.html

Australia's worst paedophile priest 'molested every boy' at school in Victoria
    Australia's royal commission into child sex abuse told that senior Church leaders were aware of the crimes of Father Gerald Ridsdale and an "evil" paedophile ring that he operated for decades

A unfrocked clergyman regarded as Australia's worst paedophile priest has been accused of molesting every boy aged 10 to 16 at a school in a small town where he served as parish priest.

A royal commission into child sex abuse heard that Father Gerald Ridsdale abused more than 50 children over three decades, including all of the boys at the school in Mortlake, which is in the state of Victoria and has a population of about 1,000.
    Ridsdale, along with two other notorious child sex abusers, operated a paedophile ring for years in and around the city of Ballarat, near Melbourne.

The commission heard that, in 1971, each of the male teachers and the chaplain at the St Alipius primary school was molesting children.

Philip Nagle, who was abused at the school, held up a photograph of his fourth grade class and said that twelve of the 33 boys had since committed suicide. He said he was abused by a teacher named Brother Stephen Francis Farrell and that he knew the molesting was going to begin whenever he saw Mr Farrell remove his glasses.

"St Alipius Boys Primary School was a place where there was true evil," Mr Nagle told the commission.

Ridsdale, 80, has been in prison since 1994, but is due to give evidence to the commission next week.

Gail Furness SC, the counsel assisting the commission, said the Ballarat bishop learnt of Ridsdale's offences in 1975 but did not suspend him until 1988.
    She also told the commission that Cardinal George Pell – former Archbishop of Sydney and now a senior figure at the Vatican who oversees its finances – was at a meeting in 1982 in which the need to remove Ridsdale from Mortlake to a job in Sydney was discussed.

"Father Dennehy [who took over from Ridsdale at Mortlake] told the Catholic Church's insurance investigator that he thought every male child between the ages of 10 years and 16 years, who were at the school, had been molested by Ridsdale," she said.

Peter Blenkiron, a victim of the Ballarat paedophile ring, told ABC News: "There is a lot of dark and a lot of horrific stuff that is making people still kill themselves."

The royal commission, launched three years ago by former prime minister Julia Gillard, has heard tragic accounts of abuse and paedophilia at schools and institutions across the country.

Re: Bless the Children for They Will Not Have the Protection Of God.

There certainly are lots of these pervs out there in the church environment...1 in 50 maybe?

Click Here!

Great movie about this subject can be found on NetFlix (and youtube for a small fee)...

Look for it, it's called, Mea Maxima Culpa

Here's the trailer...

Last edited by ohein56; 05-19-2015 at 01:49 PM.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    I would like for the church to do a follow up on all of these Priests who molested children. How did this all happen and why? Pedophiles pray on very very young children. Many of the children who were molested by Priests don't fall into the very young category.

I want to know if the teaching of the church, as far as Priests go, has anything to do with the sexual molesting of children. Does the no sex rule for Priests have anything to do with the molestation's? How many of these Priests are homosexual?
    Do the Priests feel a superiority that leaves them feeling no remorse for taking advantage of children? I have so many questions I would like answered.

I want to know the psychological make up of these guys. I want to better understand why so many Priests have taken advantage of children and it was all about sex.

I've heard other non believers tell me they don't believe in a God because if there were a God he would not let horrible things happen to children.

We have parents who sexually molest their very own children, emotionally abuse them etc.
    Wonder if these Priests felt like a parent to these children and felt they had some kind of right to treat them in this criminal way?
    They must feel a superiority that they felt gave them a right to do these sexual acts to the children.
    Statistically speaking there are as many instances in the protestant faith as there is in the catholic. There is more publicity accorded the priests because it is easier to bring lawsuits against a singular, organized body like the catholic church. That being said, the priesthood as a profession, with celibacy as a key tenet, is a place where pedophiles can TRY and suppress their urges. The problem is that part of their duties is to be in close proximity to children . Not a good recipe for success.

Will you show me those statistics. I realize we have leaders belonging to the Protestant faith that have molested children but I'm not under the impression there are as many as the Priests of the Catholic church.

Pedophilia is a mental disorder and I would like to see proof all of the Priests that have been charged with sexual abuse crimes of abusing children fall into that category. I also want to hear each of these Priests reasons for the crime. I am not going to assume each of these Priests joined the Priesthood to hide from their sexual urges with children.

All of the sexually abused children were not under the age of puberty and if you are going to label each of these Priests convicted of sex crimes, we need to know all of the facts. It's too easy to assume you know why each of these Priests sexually abused these kids without ever finding out the facts. We need the facts.

I needed to read up on pedophilia again, it's been a number of years since I read about it.
    http://www.childmolestationpreventio...the_cause.html

I don't know how much doctors may differ in their professional opinions for labeling a person a pedophile, I'll do some more reading.
    First off this is all hearsay....

A good friend of my wife is a psychologist. Off the record she says it is a common belief in the community that the type of man who becomes a priest is a bit odd to start out with. She said to imagine telling an 18 to 22 year old man that he needs to give up sex forever. The type of person that does that is usually suppressing something because that is anything but normal.

Will you show me those statistics. I realize we have leaders belonging to the Protestant faith that have molested children but I'm not under the impression there are as many as the Priests of the Catholic church.

Pedophilia is a mental disorder and I would like to see proof all of the Priests that have been charged with sexual abuse crimes of abusing children fall into that category. I also want to hear each of these Priests reasons for the crime. I am not going to assume each of these Priests joined the Priesthood to hide from their sexual urges with children.

All of the sexually abused children were not under the age of puberty and if you are going to label each of these Priests convicted of sex crimes, we need to know all of the facts. It's too easy to assume you know why each of these Priests sexually abused these kids without ever finding out the facts. We need the facts.

I needed to read up on pedophilia again, it's been a number of years since I read about it.
    http://www.childmolestationpreventio...the_cause.html

I don't know how much doctors may differ in their professional opinions for labeling a person a pedophile, I'll do some more reading.
    Here is a link from the Christian Science Monitor :

http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/0405/p01s01-ussc.html

Despite headlines focusing on the priest pedophile problem in the Roman Catholic Church, most American churches being hit with child sexual-abuse allegations are Protestant, and most of the alleged abusers are not clergy or staff, but church volunteers.

These are findings from national surveys by Christian Ministry Resources (CMR), a tax and legal-advice publisher serving more than 75,000 congregations and 1,000 denominational agencies nationwide.

CMR's annual surveys of about 1,000 churches nationwide have asked about sexual abuse since 1993. They're a remarkable window on a problem that lurked largely in the shadows of public awareness until the Catholic scandals arose.

The surveys suggest that over the past decade, the pace of child-abuse allegations against American churches has averaged 70 a week. The surveys registered a slight downward trend in reported abuse starting in 1997, possibly a result of the introduction of preventive measures by churches.
    James Cobble, executive director of CMR, who oversees the survey, says the data show that child sex-abuse happens broadly across all denominations– and that clergy aren't the major offenders.

"The Catholics have gotten all the attention from the media, but this problem is even greater with the Protestant churches simply because of their far larger numbers," he says.

Of the 350,000 churches in the US, 19,500 – 5 percent – are Roman Catholic. Catholic churches represent a slightly smaller minority of churches in the CMR surveys which aren't scientifically random, but "representative" demographic samples of churches, Dr. Cobble explains.

Must watch...inspiring...

As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by noagenda View Post
    Statistically speaking there are as many instances in the protestant faith as there is in the catholic. There is more publicity accorded the priests because it is easier to bring lawsuits against a singular, organized body like the catholic church. That being said, the priesthood as a profession, with celibacy as a key tenet, is a place where pedophiles can TRY and suppress their urges. The problem is that part of their duties is to be in close proximity to children . Not a good recipe for success.
    Thanks for pointing out that there are other believers in God who think it's ok to Fuck children.

You lot have completely missed the point.

No surprises there, though. After all, I would wager most of you believe in the same God which allows this disgusting behaviour.

I would like for the church to do a follow up on all of these Priests who molested children. How did this all happen and why? Pedophiles pray on very very young children. Many of the children who were molested by Priests don't fall into the very young category.

I want to know if the teaching of the church, as far as Priests go, has anything to do with the sexual molesting of children. Does the no sex rule for Priests have anything to do with the molestation's? How many of these Priests are homosexual?
    Do the Priests feel a superiority that leaves them feeling no remorse for taking advantage of children? I have so many questions I would like answered.

I want to know the psychological make up of these guys. I want to better understand why so many Priests have taken advantage of children and it was all about sex.

I've heard other non believers tell me they don't believe in a God because if there were a God he would not let horrible things happen to children.

We have parents who sexually molest their very own children, emotionally abuse them etc.
    Wonder if these Priests felt like a parent to these children and felt they had some kind of right to treat them in this criminal way?
    They must feel a superiority that they felt gave them a right to do these sexual acts to the children.
    Does it matter if these children are young or very young? They are still
    Just children.

That these vile, disgusting creatures are immune to the wrath/judgement of their God is testimony to the fact that there is no God.

If there was, these pigs would suffer unimaginable suffering. And yet they do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    Thanks for pointing out that there are other believers in God who think it's ok to Fuck children.

You lot have completely missed the point.

No surprises there, though. After all, I would wager most of you believe in the same God which allows this disgusting behaviour.

And, noagenda's supposedly a deist, yet he's constantly sticking up for organized religion, and their holy books...?!

Strange...
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    Does it matter if these children are young or very young? They are still
    Just children.

That these vile, disgusting creatures are immune to the wrath/judgement of their God is testimony to the fact that there is no God.

If there was, these pigs would suffer unimaginable suffering. And yet they do not.

Where do you get the idea they are immune from judgement ? Where in any religion or denomination is it stated as such ? Religious leaders are not God and do not have the power of spiritual forgiveness. In this world they should spend their life in jail. If any religious official hides these atrocities they should also go to jail. If any organization does not put in appropriate measures to minimize the behavior they should be sued to extinction.

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    And, noagenda's supposedly a deist, yet he's constantly sticking up for organized religion, and their holy books...?!

Strange...
    Where do either of you get the idea I'm sticking up for organized religion ? I simply stated its in both camps not just in the Catholic faith. That's the problem that you and Gazza have. The belief in absolutes. I can take inspiration from the Bible. I am mature enough spiritually to determine my own path and don't need other people to direct it. Organized religion is not evil incarnate. I work with Habitat for Humanity. By your standards I shouldn't because it was founded by an evil Christian organization. Talk about intolerance.

Where do either of you get the idea I'm sticking up for organized religion ? I simply stated its in both camps not just in the Catholic faith. That's the problem that you and Gazza have. The belief in absolutes. I can take inspiration from the Bible. I am mature enough spiritually to determine my own path and don't need other people to direct it. Organized religion is not evil incarnate. I work with Habitat for Humanity. By your standards I shouldn't because it was founded by an evil Christian organization. Talk about intolerance.
    That's Ohein's problem. He often misrepresents by speaking in absolutes. He is however, openly stating he is intolerant against any organized religion, which would include helping the homeless and feeding the hungry.

I agree that pedophiles hiding in the church need to be exposed and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. But these incidents are the exception and not the norm.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

I'm going to have to agree with No A this time. He speaks of faith and defends the concept but I have never seen him stick up for corrupt religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    That's Ohein's problem. He often misrepresents by speaking in absolutes. He is however, openly stating he is intolerant against any organized religion, which would include helping the homeless and feeding the hungry.

I agree that pedophiles hiding in the church need to be exposed and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. But these incidents are the exception and not the norm.
    Guess again. It is very prevalent in the catholic church. So much so they keep secret files. How do we know? Because a dumbass priest in Philadelphia had a file cabinet marked secret files. LOL

In fact, in Philly alone, there were 34 active priests, in that city alone, with active accusations of child molestation.

When I posted I wanted the facts about all of the Priests and their sex crimes, it's so I can better understand why a Priest would continue to do such a crime while being a Priest. My mind just can't grasp the reason. The Priest is going against so many things he should love and care about. I too wonder why the Priests belief in God would not have stopped him from doing these criminal acts against children.
    Why would a belief in God preclude one from committing any crime ? Why would a priesthood prevent one from doing it ? They are just human beings with no special powers. Why do teachers and coaches do the same thing ? If one has a perversion the worst thing you can do is to expose them to the very things that fuel it. That is not how to control it. Apparently its not curable. It's something that has to be suppressed. As extreme as it sounds perhaps voluntary castration should be an allowable alternative.

Are these atrocities committed against the innocent all part of "gods plan"...?

If so, How so? I'd love an explanation to that idea...

~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard