+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Teen Credits ‘Hand of God’ for Miraculous Recovery From Coma

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/teen...051008542.html

Nearly four years ago doctors thought that Taylor Hale had little chance of surviving her traumatic brain injury. Today the 17-year-old is healed, happy, and heading to her high school graduation, and she credits it all to divine intervention. (Photo: Stacy Henningsen/Facebook)

It was a hellish accident that landed Taylor Hale in the hospital fighting for her life in 2011. And it was heavenly intervention via the “hand of God” that the 17-year-old’s family says helped her emerge.

“God can save people,“ the Waukee, Iowa teen told KREM 2 news at May 12 press conference about her incredible recovery. "I’m always thankful to all the doctors and nurses and therapists who helped me get better, but God did most of the saving."

It’s been heavy lifting all around to get Hale back to health following the traumatic brain injury that she sustained falling off the hood of a friend’s car and hitting her head on the pavement about four years ago. Less than a week after she was rushed into the hospital and put into a medically induced coma, Hale experienced a brain hemorrhage.
    Doctors told her parents, Stacy Henningsen and Chuck Hale, that their daughter was brain dead and they would need to take her off of life support, according to KREM. (Henningsen and Hale didn’t immediately respond to Yahoo Parenting’s requests for comment). Family friend and chiropractor Jeff Stickel visited Hale in the hospital that same day and offered to pray for her. He said a few words and then departed. Doctors eventually turned off Hale’s life support.

But the high school student didn’t die. Instead she woke up from her coma. “It was the hand of God at work,” says Hale’s father. “That’s the only thing that can explain it."

Nearly all doctors in a 1996 American Academy of Family Physicians survey “believe there is an important relationship between the spirit and the flesh,” according to CNN, which also reports that the results show “family doctors overwhelmingly believe that religious faith can help patients heal.”

Hale and her family believe. And they’re not alone. A 2011 Fox News poll found that 77 percent of voters “believe prayers can help someone heal from an injury or illness,” while 20 percent do not and 3 percent say they’re “unsure.”

Agree or not, Hale’s recovery is nothing short of miraculous. After her shocking wake-up, the then-Freshman began physical rehab, learned to walk again, and studied overtime to catch up on all of the schoolwork that she missed while in the hospital.

Not that any of it was easy. She lost her sense of smell and much of her long-term memory due to her injuries. "I don’t remember my childhood,” she says. “I look at my pictures, and I recognize that’s me, but I don’t remember anything.” But after steady work to recover her body and her lessons, Hale is set to graduate with her class this month and aspires to go to college then begin a career as an event planner.

“I’m not a person who is going to quit because I can’t do something,” she says. “I don’t give up."
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Re: Teen Credits ‘Hand of God’ for Miraculous Recovery From Coma

F*cking hilarious...

Confirmation Bias anyone?

Ever heard of spontaneous remission?

And I'm sure none of the doctors and nurses helping her had anything to do with her 'miraculous' recovery, did they?!

It was all your personal gaaawd...rofl

Then, there's cases like the Malarkey fiasco...Click Here!

Also, the same day your personal gawd apparently 'saved' her, 10,000 children world wide starved to death Click Here!...and I'd almost be willing to bet that many people prayed to help most of them...!!

Your personal gawd helped her, but let all of those other thousands of children die!!

If that's what you call proof of gawd, I'd say you're a typical christian apologist grasping for more 'I believe' straws.

The fact that you've been exposed as a delusional hypocrite and liar here, certainly doesn't help your warped, death-cult christian agenda either.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

People will believe whatever they want to believe. They feel the need to have a 'reason' for events to unfold as they do... good and bad. Terms which by their very nature are subjective at best. What is good for one may be bad for another. However, that is a whole other philosophical discussion.

To say that God was at work or this event is proof of his intervention only serves to support the one individuals belief that God plays favorites, that he takes a personal interest in a specific individual's well being. It is a personal delusion designed to help that person rationalize a 'reason' for the event to have taken place.

Divine intervention is a myth. The purpose of which is to provide a reason when none is understood.

Funny how God can wake some stupid bonnet surfing bimbo from a coma yet seems unable to simply snuff the life of pedophile priests feigning their love of God to satisfy their lust.

Last edited by Gazza.; 05-19-2015 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    Funny how God can wake some stupid bonnet surfing bimbo from a coma yet seems unable to simply snuff the life of pedophile priests feigning their love of God to satisfy their lust.

Red and yellow, black and white
    they are precious in his sight
    Jebus loves the little children of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post

You have every right not to believe in higher powers. You can accept that all the good and the evil is derived purely from our own design. However if you do contemplate the possibilities of fate being determined by other means then one should look at the struggle, and should I dare say balance, of light and dark. If there is a God then surely there is a Satan. That the forces of good and evil are at work all the time. The possibility that good manifests good and evil does the same. We as humans are part of that manifestation. People of faith will always battle both sides of this power and contribute greatly to those results. When we let selfish interests be part of our thinking we let dark presence in our lives and can consume us. Both examples you reference are results of that power.

Quote Originally Posted by noagenda View Post
    You have every right not to believe in higher powers. You can accept that all the good and the evil is derived purely from our own design. However if you do contemplate the possibilities of fate being determined by other means then one should look at the struggle, and should I dare say balance, of light and dark. If there is a God then surely there is a Satan. That the forces of good and evil are at work all the time. The possibility that good manifests good and evil does the same. We as humans are part of that manifestation. People of faith will always battle both sides of this power and contribute greatly to those results. When we let selfish interests be part of our thinking we let dark presence in our lives and can consume us. Both examples you reference are results of that power.
    I think what most doubters dwell on is the question of how a loving god can get credit for saving a blond haired blue eyed girl in texas at the same time thousands of children are dieing from starvation, war and diseases? Could an all powerful god snap his fingers, feed and heal said children and drown the war lords?

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    I think what most doubters dwell on is the question of how a loving god can get credit for saving a blond haired blue eyed girl in texas at the same time thousands of children are dieing from starvation, war and diseases? Could an all powerful god snap his fingers, feed and heal said children and drown the war lords?
    You have to determine if faith is a key to spiritual growth. If God did what you said what would be the need for faith ? Why would there be evil, illness and poverty ? We would already be on that spiritual plane.

You have to determine if faith is a key to spiritual growth. If God did what you said what would be the need for faith ? Why would there be evil, illness and poverty ? We would already be on that spiritual plane.
    He's done it before according to the book. Stepped in and wiped people out or fed them.

He's done it before according to the book. Stepped in and wiped people out or fed them.
    In the book the reason for the outcome was always about faith or the lack thereof.

In the book the reason for the outcome was always about faith or the lack thereof.
    I never really like that whole aspect. But I'll not argue. As I've told you before, I envy people of faith.

I never really like that whole aspect. But I'll not argue. As I've told you before, I envy people of faith.
    I think we would all like God to look over us and protect us in all things. Taking a spiritual path is a messy journey. Your faith is challenged or altered along the way. The search for enlightenment is fraught with sadness and disappointment, seldom with an outcome of one's choosing.

I think we would all like God to look over us and protect us in all things. Taking a spiritual path is a messy journey. Your faith is challenged or altered along the way. The search for enlightenment is fraught with sadness and disappointment, seldom with an outcome of one's choosing.
    Aren't you supposed to yell or something when you say that?

Aren't you supposed to yell or something when you say that?
    You're right of course. I'll restate:

The search for enlightenment is fraught with sadness and disappointment, seldom with an outcome of one's choosing. You damnable heathen godless atheistic troll !!

The search for enlightenment is fraught with sadness and disappointment, seldom with an outcome of one's choosing. You damnable heathen godless atheistic troll LIBTARD !!
    I fixed your post

The search for enlightenment is fraught with sadness and disappointment, seldom with an outcome of one's choosing. You damnable heathen godless atheistic troll !!
    Conserve4ever is back!!!??
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard