+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 66 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Do Most MLMers "Do Nothing"?

One claim that many pro MLMers like to make without evidence, is that most MLMers sign up and do nothing, and wind up quitting. But since this claim is often made, I'll make a contrary claim as food for thought:

Maybe these many folks signed up, tried to sponsor someone or sell a few products, but were unable to because of MLM's bad reputation or because the MLM products are so ridiculously priced that nobody was interested, thus they ended up not placing an order.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Re: Do Most MLMers "Do Nothing"?

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    One claim that many pro MLMers like to make without evidence, is that most MLMers sign up and do nothing, and wind up quitting. But since this claim is often made, I'll make a contrary claim as food for thought:

Maybe these many folks signed up, tried to sponsor someone or sell a few products, but were unable to because of MLM's bad reputation or because the MLM products are so ridiculously priced that nobody was interested, thus they ended up not placing an order.
    Many do absolutely nothing except sign up; some order one product and that's it. The main reason they do nothing is because they don't know what to do so they freeze and do nothing. Nothing wrong with MLM itself, what is wrong is they dont have the skills so they do nothing.
    I know nothing about surgery, I haven't been trained in it. If someone put me in theatre and stuck a scalpel in my hand I would just freeze and do nothing. Nothing wrong with surgery though, I just don't have the skills.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    Many do absolutely nothing except sign up; some order one product and that's it. The main reason they do nothing is because they don't know what to do so they freeze and do nothing. Nothing wrong with MLM itself, what is wrong is they dont have the skills so they do nothing.
    I know nothing about surgery, I haven't been trained in it. If someone put me in theatre and stuck a scalpel in my hand I would just freeze and do nothing. Nothing wrong with surgery though, I just don't have the skills.
    Do you have some proof of your claim that "many do absolutely nothing except sign up; some order one product and that's it."?

That is a very big claim and would need some evidence to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post

One of the things about sales whether it's hard sell or passive is you have to have the mindset you are willing to take rejection. 1 yes to 50 nos is probably the norm in cold market mlm. That is only the beginning. Once you get the commitment its your obligation to cultivate and develop that relationship whether its product, training, business development or all three. It really is not residual if you don't develop it. Certainly a high attrition if you don't work it.

Quote Originally Posted by dank111 View Post
    Do you have some proof of your claim that "many do absolutely nothing except sign up; some order one product and that's it."?

That is a very big claim and would need some evidence to back it up.
    You would need access to distributor's downlines for proof. I don't know how you'd get that, maybe you could ask one.

You would need access to distributor's downlines for proof. I don't know how you'd get that, maybe you could ask one.
    So how can you make that claim knowing you only have access to at most a tiny fraction of people in MLM to ask.

You need some proof when you make claims like that.

So how can you make that claim knowing you only have access to at most a tiny fraction of people in MLM to ask.

You need some proof when you make claims like that.
    I have had access to much proof in that respect over the years. Ask any MLM'er with a reasonable sized downline and you'll get a similar answer.

I have had access to much proof in that respect over the years. Ask any MLM'er with a reasonable sized downline and you'll get a similar answer.
    So basically you are saying you have no way to prove it, you just wanted to make a totally unfounded claim.

Got it.

So basically you are saying you have no way to prove it, you just wanted to make a totally unfounded claim.

Got it.
    I've just told you the way to prove it. I cant do it myself because the only way would be to put an entire downline database on here and that would be against most company rules.

Got it.
    It's a rhetorical claim, made by personal experience. What quantifiable evidence do you think is available to prove or disprove his claim ?

I've just told you the way to prove it. I cant do it myself because the only way would be to put an entire downline database on here and that would be against most company rules.
    Frankly I don't see how even your database could prove or disprove whether they attempted to "work the business" It would only indicate their purchase history.

Quote Originally Posted by noagenda View Post
    Frankly I don't see how even your database could prove or disprove whether they attempted to "work the business" It would only indicate their purchase history.
    I could go through it and say ''this one joined and did nothing'' and so on.

I could go through it and say ''this one joined and did nothing'' and so on.
    That still wouldn't meet dank's standard as that is only your word. Not analytical data indicating their effort.

Quote Originally Posted by noagenda View Post
    It's a rhetorical claim, made by personal experience. What quantifiable evidence do you think is available to prove or disprove his claim ?
    I have no idea but he must have access to some evidence to make such a sweeping claim.

I just want the person who made the claim to provide the evidence. If no evidence is available than the claim can be dismissed as just talk.

So again you have made a very large claim with zero to back it up.

Just making sure.

I have no idea but he must have access to some evidence to make such a sweeping claim.

I just want the person who made the claim to provide the evidence. If no evidence is available than the claim can be dismissed as just talk.
    It's anecdotal. His personal experience. Its not something you quantify. Take it or leave it but he doesn't have to "prove" it.