+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Good news from Herbalife.

Good news today.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/herbal...201310494.html

Re: Good news from Herbalife.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    What is interesting is Ackman's perspective.

The latest report out of Herbalife comes after activist investor Bill Ackman, who is publicly short shares of the company, said on Monday that he would have to think "very, very hard" before embarking on a public short again. ......

In after hours trade on Tuesday, the stock was trading at around $46.70, almost exactly where the stock was right ahead of Ackman's first presentation.

More good news:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...ings/26949609/

Nutritional drink company Herbalife on Tuesday said the Department of Justice has requested information about its members and its business practices.

"The Department of Justice recently sought information from the company, certain of its members and others regarding allegations being made about the business practices of the company and its members," the company said in a regulatory filing about its latest financial results.

Last month, Herbalife acknowledged a "federal criminal investigation" in a statement to CNBC, but the company didn't mentioned DOJ or questions into its members.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Rofl.......

Looking bad for Ackman.
    http://directsellingnews.com/index.p...t#.VUsV4_lVikp

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    They are under investigation from both the FBI and the DOJ for their earnings reports.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos...0-da228c7f6437

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB948411107982893223

Quote Originally Posted by dank111 View Post
    They are under investigation from both the FBI and the DOJ for their earnings reports.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos...0-da228c7f6437
    You do know that report is more than a year old and since then its come out the FBI and DOJ are investigating Ackman et.el?

New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....

Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool

Quote Originally Posted by IBOFightBack View Post
    You do know that report is more than a year old and since then its come out the FBI and DOJ are investigating Ackman et.el?
    That is fine. I say investigate away.

The biggest threat to MLM is if the class is certified in the Steam/Ignite suit. If that goes through every MLM is going to face huge class lawsuits.

That is fine. I say investigate away.

The biggest threat to MLM is if the class is certified in the Steam/Ignite suit. If that goes through every MLM is going to face huge class lawsuits.
    Why??

New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....

Why??
    It makes it much easier to certify a class in a lawsuit against an MLM. Traditionally it has been up to the class lawyers to prove a pyramid before the suit can proceed. Now they would just have to allege a pyramid like in the Steam case. It means that it would be much, much easier to certify a class just by using anyone who lost money in an MLM without proving a pyramid scheme.

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and other sales organizations have weighed in with a legal brief. They argue that if the case is successful, businesses using multilevel marketing could face a series of challenges from participants who lose money.

Stream’s Snyder says, “All you have to do is allege a pyramid scheme and you’ll be presumptively certified as a class-action. Defendant firms are looking down the barrel of a gun.”

I've been able to find an article about it being certified and being appealed, any links re CoC involvement etc?

Doesn't really effect HLF or Amway since they've already been through certified class actions.

I've been able to find an article about it being certified and being appealed, any links re CoC involvement etc?

Doesn't really effect HLF or Amway since they've already been through certified class actions.
    They could face new class actions from a new class of plaintiffs. Say you joined after the first lawsuit, that lawsuit only represented the class to that point, as a defendant you are not assured of never being sued by a new class.

Amway and HLF could both have new class actions with a much bigger class size brought against them.

They could face new class actions from a new class of plaintiffs. Say you joined after the first lawsuit, that lawsuit only represented the class to that point, as a defendant you are not assured of never being sued by a new class.
    There have been way fewer new IBOs since the last class than the size of that class, so no.

Either way, not really an issue. As the Pokorny settlement showed, only a very very small percentage of IBOs thought there was an issue. Heck, when a class action against Amway Canada was launched by 2 people, by the time the court tossed out it (there was no settlement), even one of the plaintiffs had dropped off and nobody else joined the class.

MLM critics continue to have a fundamental problem in that they can't actually seem to find all these "victims" they are so certain exist. Heck, Ackman has spent tens of millions of dollars trying to find them!

There have been way fewer new IBOs since the last class than the size of that class, so no.

Either way, not really an issue. As the Pokorny settlement showed, only a very very small percentage of IBOs thought there was an issue. Heck, when a class action against Amway Canada was launched by 2 people, by the time the court tossed out it (there was no settlement), even one of the plaintiffs had dropped off and nobody else joined the class.

MLM critics continue to have a fundamental problem in that they can't actually seem to find all these "victims" they are so certain exist. Heck, Ackman has spent tens of millions of dollars trying to find them!
    These days with the web it is much easier to find people to join a class and the level of loss would be much less. Basically anyone claiming to have lost money would be able to join the suit, not just those with over a certain dollar amount.

If this is certified as a class with people just losing money and not with first having to prove an illegal act (pyramid or tools in Amways case) it will go a long way in shutting down MLMs.

These days with the web it is much easier to find people to join a class and the level of loss would be much less. Basically anyone claiming to have lost money would be able to join the suit, not just those with over a certain dollar amount.

If this is certified as a class with people just losing money and not with first having to prove an illegal act (pyramid or tools in Amways case) it will go a long way in shutting down MLMs.
    Don't be silly.